PDA

View Full Version : Hey, I'm prettier than her

alisa63
04-10-2013, 02:21 PM
I recently find myself "checking out" women but not for the typical reasons. Now that I am getting to know my body type and personal style I find myself admiring different outfits and thinking I could pull off a particular look. Now when checking out women I see some that are just plain unattractive. I say that in no way to be mean but rather as a point of comparison for myself. If I see a woman with a big nose and dark circles under her eyes and overweight my first thought is maybe she is a crossdresser. Once I am convinced she is not my next thought is that I look more feminine than she does when dressed and no one besides me is giving her a second look. Hos me build courage for the next time out. Can anyone relate or I am just abnormal in this thought pattern?

suzy1
04-10-2013, 02:23 PM
A little unkind perhaps?

But I know what you mean.

Jenniferathome
04-10-2013, 02:31 PM
Well, I would bet there is nearly 0% chance of mistaking a woman, regardless of dress, for a man. It is also true that you may be more attractive than some women when you are in girl mode, BUT you will almost certainly be identified as the cross dresser.

"Attractiveness" is not a measure of "passability," rather it is the 10,000 other subtle clues that make for being seen as feminine. My wife tell me all the time that I am an attractive woman but there's just "something" that gives me away. that "something" is the 10,000 little clues.

CONSUELO
04-10-2013, 02:33 PM
I know that it can seem unkind, but I think that a lot of us do it. It isn't meant to be unkind, it is more in the way of reassurance. My favourite fantasy when out in public is to say to myself - " I bet I am wearing sexier lingerie than she is"

FelicityMay
04-10-2013, 02:39 PM
there is a level of care that goes into looking nice for both sides.
a girl could look pretty bad if she doesn't care to put work into looking nice at the time. I honestly am a pretty sloppy looking guy most of the time, but when i try to look like a girl, im trying pretty hard to look good for the other side!
I also love to check out a girls outfits though hehe

Beverley Sims
04-10-2013, 03:02 PM
Your view may seem harsh and unkind but I know what you are saying.
There are a lot of ugly men too.
We all aspire to be attractive, that is human nature.

DeeArel
04-10-2013, 03:10 PM
People come in all shapes and sizes as well as different levels of aesthetics. Most of us want to be the goregous lady and are afraid of venturing out if one does not view herself as such. Your observation serves as a reminder that we can get out and about.

famousunknown
04-10-2013, 03:22 PM
Once I am convinced she is not my next thought is that I look more feminine than she does when dressed and no one besides me is giving her a second look.

Ok, the red light just came on.
When I see a crossdresser say that they're more "feminine" than a real REAL WOMAN, well...that's beyond ridiculous. There's no way you can really know what being a REAL WOMAN is like anyway. It's not a competition about "looks". At the end of the day...you may think you're looking good, but bottom line...you're still a dude in a dress.

Marleena
04-10-2013, 03:32 PM
Unfortunately you've insulted a lot of GG's with this thread, so good luck.

CindyM
04-10-2013, 03:44 PM
I recently find myself "checking out" women but not for the typical reasons. Now that I am getting to know my body type and personal style I find myself admiring different outfits and thinking I could pull off a particular look. Now when checking out women I see some that are just plain unattractive. I say that in no way to be mean but rather as a point of comparison for myself. If I see a woman with a big nose and dark circles under her eyes and overweight my first thought is maybe she is a crossdresser. Once I am convinced she is not my next thought is that I look more feminine than she does when dressed and no one besides me is giving her a second look. Hos me build courage for the next time out. Can anyone relate or I am just abnormal in this thought pattern?

Wow no I would never think like that. Everyone is beautiful in their own way. Life is not a beauty contest. Love is all that matters.

Julie Gaum
04-10-2013, 03:50 PM
I believe most of us relate in observing and then comparing to ourselves. For me, my challenge are those that are challenging in
appearance --- are they CDs or not. I usually agree with Jenn's posts but now my experience has put me on the fence a number
of times: Are they really GGs or not? I recently posted an incident while waiting for my car's bi-annual checkup. Seated across from
me was a person perhaps in early 60s, no makeup, short unkempt slightly gray hair, no jewelry, wearing sandals, pants and
top very unstylish and a long mannish type face with big ears. Only feminine item was a clutch bag. When called to get her car she answered in a slightly higher tone than mine. After fifteen minutes watching her, nothing else to do, it was only her walk --- not a man-type walk but could have been after practice by a CD --- that made me question whether she was indeed a CD. My rationale was that a CD would have very likely worked harder to be presentable --- 0nly reason changed my mind. So yes Jenn, sometimes it's a coin toss.
Julie

Marleena
04-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Apples and oranges.. It sounds like you're just challenging yourself to try and look better. Alisa I know you meant no disrespect but it could sure look that way.

celeste26
04-10-2013, 04:06 PM
Alisa that whole sort of thinking is so male oriented. Since you are most likely on the CD side of things it is not unusual. But women rarely think in such terms.

Asp
04-10-2013, 04:37 PM
Well, I have a similar situation. My ex-gf knew about my cross dressing and didn't have a problem with it. One night, she wanted me to dress up and try something kinky. When she saw me dressed, she ordered me to return to normal and never dress in front of her again, and I honestly think it was because I was hotter than she.

Paula T
04-10-2013, 11:58 PM
I believe this is a very delicate subject. I am not sure if anyone else ever notices that a lot of GG's when they get in there 40's or older stop trying to look at least kinda attractive. You gals tell me why. Is it because they have a husband who doesn't care anymore what they look like? Are the kids keeping them so busy that they don't have time? Can it possibly be the thought is "I've got my husband now and I don't have to take care of myself anymore" :eek:"He won't divorce me it would be too expensive" I know that us "gurls" even when we are trying to blend do try to look as nice as we can. I can only speak for myself maybe its cause I am pretty persnickity about what I wear when I am out shopping whether its at the supermarket or in a department store. If I was somehow magicly transformed into a real gal I know I wouldn't change how I present myself to the public even though I know most don't give a hoot. :brolleyes:This is just an observation that I have noticed more and more the older I get.:sad: I happened to be shopping one evening in a Khol's and an SA as she walked past said to me its sure nice to see someone dressed nicely out shopping for a change. I just smiled and said thanks.:o

Sandra
04-11-2013, 02:46 AM
Ya know I get pissed off at being told that " I look better more feminine than an GG" get over it over it because you will never look more feminine that any GG no matter how she looks.

grace52
04-11-2013, 03:33 AM
What!!!! lipstick on a pig is still a pig???? kinda like some of my guitars, it may look like a black beauty but, it ain't a Gibson looks great but ain't never gonna be one. I've got a tele (squire) and an amercian std. both look great but what a difference. we all strive to look our best, but we will never be O.E.M. little car humor

Emma Beth
04-11-2013, 04:44 AM
I kind of understand and I have never thought that way. My thought is "she could have done better" or something like that. Then I might try to put myself in her shoes and imagine what her life might be like. I don't do that often though. I mostly move on to what I was originally doing.

noeleena
04-11-2013, 05:06 AM
Hi,

Im not sure what you'd make of me then yes i dress in womans clothes quite nice ones as it is yet would you look at me & say a dresser, maybe even trans, or some other whatever, no makeup no hair nothing at all that would say oh im devinetly a female or woman im over 65 no looks that would even hint other than a bloody male,

im a female yes A WOMAN. .................. who does not have those looks .............................

Yes that kicks my backside, Iv contended all my life because i dont look right, . you know what , iv had to be so strong to not let that take me down. iv got through it yet its allways there to remind me,

I have the strengh to be myself a very strong woman confidence in who i am , selfasurance an all out public P R person seen by 1000's & well known.

You see we are females we dont all have the == looks == yet are just normal women getting on with life with what we have, part of the communitys we live in & just accepted for who we are,

That pic on the left is myself & how im seen take what you can from that what you will.

...noeleena...

bobbimo
04-11-2013, 05:18 AM
I have to agree. But here is my rationale
Ever since I was a kid I would psyche my self up by looking around at other people. For example, when i was going for my drivers license, i would look at all the other kids that passed the test and tell myself.. if he can pass it I sure as hell can. And the same holds now. When I am out and about I look at other women and tell myself.. I sure as hell look a lot better than her. and often I find some that I really aspire to look as well as they do.
It keeps me on my toes and learning different tricks of the trade
Bobbi

EllenJo
04-11-2013, 05:46 AM
I will never be prettier than my wife or any woman for that matter and don't care. I am me and I am my feminine me when I am dressed. That's the best I can do. I do admire well dressed women and wish I could emulate them but I am a CD not a GG and that is all there is to it. Like Consuelo though I often think that I am wearing prettier lingere than some women do.

Nikki A.
04-11-2013, 08:45 AM
I don't think it is mean, but when I see an unattractive woman it reminds me that I am not that much worse than her and that if she can blend so can I.
Of course, we do take alot more time to look presentable and she doesn't have to or just doesn't care. I especially cringe when I see some women wearing over-stretched stretch pants and dirty stained and ill fitting tops. Don't they look in the mirror before they head out.

Jamiegirl1
04-11-2013, 08:57 AM
I check out women all the time,and I see women who look very masculine,I have had to look real hard to make sure they are really women,I know I look alot more like a woman than some women do,alot of this is in how they dress,some women don't care about how they look,I try to look as feminine as possible when out....and still try to blend....

Paula T
04-11-2013, 09:26 AM
"Never look better than any GG no matter how she looks" I beg to differ on that quote as haven't you ever been in a gay and lesbian bar? Some of the ladies seem to do their utmost to look "blah" and they ain't crossdressing either its what they always wear. And its not feminine at all. So I have to say way way more gals on this site look so much better than many GG's. that you see. I am just saying so many don't even seem to try and look good anymore. What is the cause of it I don't know do you?:eek:

Ya know I get pissed off at being told that " I look better more feminine than an GG" get over it over it because you will never look more feminine that any GG no matter how she looks.

Confetti
04-11-2013, 09:55 AM
Hope you don't mind my two cents, but I think a lot of cross dressers are more inspiring than women. In fact there are more slovenly women who do their best to present themselves to appear unkempt. So your born with what ever gender, looking your best in anything speaks volumes to others regardless of what clothes your wear. Society shifted in such a way were it seems like women are losing details of being beautiful no matter how old or what is received as attractive, where as cross dressers strive to be and succeed.( Economy too maybe to blame) But, when I travel overseas there are more well kept men and women and probably *cds* (but are so passable couldn't tell) than here.
Any doll(cd) can be a passable women, without really trying using light make up,a good wig and dressing appropriately.
So yes Alisa, why not you could be prettier if the lady who walked out the door dressed in unisex clothing , is a genetic woman perhaps she is doesn't know any better or is trying to be a man.

Lacyfem
04-11-2013, 10:01 AM
When we chat or are contacted by someone who's interested in us we cd's are always asked "are you passable". Well we tend to answer as if we are comparing ourselves to a starlet which is not being fair to ourselves. I think this thread has some meaning and it's that all people men and women look different, some women very masculine looking as some men very fem looking. So when we dress and don't think we are passable, assuming you've done the best makeup, with jewelry and all, you are probably more passable than you think. However, this doesn't mean we are necessarilly as attractive as those starlets. Thus, there are cd's that are more attractive than some women and good for them. That said though we men more than often don't have those nice curves that most women have. We just have to live with what we have.

Tamara Croft
04-11-2013, 10:04 AM
Interestingly enough, we can't compare you to anyone seeing as you hide behind your camera and don't show your face. Perhaps you can show us a picture of your face so we can judge you? :rolleyes:

boink
04-11-2013, 10:09 AM
I don't think it's unreasonable to compare yourself to others when you're out and about, or check them out for their style. But honestly reading your post there is a a touch of smugness/ego/misogyny that is making me a little uncomfortable. The implication, from my read, of wondering if an "unattractive" woman (in your eyes) is a crossdresser, is that somehow she is not a "real" woman because she doesn't meet a certain standard of attractiveness/femininity that you hold (or that she is somehow "less" of a woman, or less "good" of a woman than you).

As I say, comparing yourself to others is pretty natural, and I think it's good to take pride in when you find yourself attractive. But imagine how you might feel if these same sorts of comments were turned on you by women who felt they were significantly more attractive/feminine/etc. than you.

Chickhe
04-11-2013, 10:25 AM
Many woman are very sensitive to how they look, so your comments may be offensive to them... however, in reality there are all kinds of people, ugly, beautiful, tall, short, wide, thin... and if you are just making the realization that CDers are not always on the bottom rung, then good for you, but its best to do it in a way that isn't negative to any other group. Instead of saying you are less ugly its better to say you feel like you are just as beautiful.

Debra Russell
04-11-2013, 11:38 AM
OK I check em out all the time and -- er well, I don't care I do see some women who I am prettier / more attractive than - (not calling anyone ugly) but more feminine ? - I don't think so - it's nice to look pretty / attractive ............................Debra

Sharon B.
04-11-2013, 11:39 AM
I have made a comment about a year after my divorced to a woman I was seeing, we were at a concert and I made a comment about a woman walking by that I could look better as a woman than that woman walking by us. Needless to say that is when it hit home that I wasn't lying as to one of the reasons why I was divorced.

Momarie
04-11-2013, 11:59 AM
"Hey, I'm prettier than her"

How "pretty" is your scrotal sac?

Lynnmorgan451
04-11-2013, 12:00 PM
Two cents.....lol....

We are all so different aren't we? I do compare myself to the women I see, especially like at the mall when there's women everywhere. I've always been a fan of the female form and ALWAYS have and always will "check out girls" since I've come to grips with ME I noticed that I check them out as comparisons to me...and of course, some overweight, some disproportionate, all shapes and sizes and then me, somewhere in the middle...I've seen some girls that don't look as cute as me, at least in my opinion...I'm not passable, yet (giggle) but I have a decent body and there's a lot of chicas out there that don't care how they look...so when me n the wife are out, I try to get her to roll her eyes at me sometimes by saying, hey look, I'm prettier than her! Lol

Lorileah
04-11-2013, 12:21 PM
I find this OP highly offensive to women in general , the rule is "Ridiculing members/non-members, or the manner in which they express themselves. This includes any complaint about the way females, males, transgendered, or any other cross-section of the membership dress," Grow up and quit being so judgmental and petty. I am sorely tempted to close it.

Sandra
04-11-2013, 12:48 PM
"Never look better than any GG no matter how she looks" I beg to differ on that quote as haven't you ever been in a gay and lesbian bar? Some of the ladies seem to do their utmost to look "blah" and they ain't crossdressing either its what they always wear.

So just because they are not dressed to the nines they don't fit the bill. They are not feminine or pretty.

I am just saying so many don't even seem to try and look good anymore. What is the cause of it I don't know do you?:eek:

Maybe they just don't feel like it. When I go shopping I don't get all dressed up, I usually wear tracky bottoms and a top because I feel comfy in them. The only time I get dressed up is if we go out, but then it is mostly trousers and tops that I wear and not any makeup. I couldn't care less if people think I'm not feminine or whatever....what I care about is how I feel.

Momarie
04-11-2013, 01:17 PM
.....and then me, somewhere in the middle...

:facepalm: Don't think so Dude

Sally24
04-11-2013, 01:20 PM
The only time I think along these lines is when a woman is incredibly rude or cuts me off in traffic. Then I think "You may think you got the better of me but I'm still prettier than you". I find that mean people are usually unattractive. I think its their soul shining thru.

alisa63
04-11-2013, 03:01 PM
My original post was not meant to be offensive in any way. It was merely an attempt to explain my personal gauge of attractiveness which is highly subjective. I've enjoyed watching the conversation on this post as it has provided me with different perspectives opposed to mine and I respect that. I'm not quite sure how you feel this post was ridiculing the particular dress of a GG. I made no such mention in my post. I must also say that I am offended that a moderator on this forum would tell me to grow up. How can my maturity level be judged based upon the context of one post? I feel this approach is somewhat close minded and I am perplexed.

Lynnmorgan451
04-11-2013, 03:05 PM
:facepalm: Don't think so Dude

Don't be jealous sweetie...it doesn't become you ;)

Karren H
04-11-2013, 03:10 PM
A little unkind perhaps?

But I know what you mean.

and modest! lol.

Trishpdxcd2
04-11-2013, 03:16 PM
Not sure what to say but I really find it interesting how many buttons this post pushed...

alisa63
04-11-2013, 03:17 PM
"Hey, I'm prettier than her"

How "pretty" is your scrotal sac?

Ok. That's funny

Marleena
04-11-2013, 03:18 PM
and modest! lol.

*grabs Karren and runs from thread* :)

Lynnmorgan451
04-11-2013, 03:30 PM
Women, GG's, are the most beautiful wondrous creatures on the planet. BAR NONE!

Lol..which is why I want to BE one !

Tilly Vega
04-11-2013, 03:49 PM
As someone who always strives to look good no matter where I am,and who over dresses. I can relate to this post in the sense that sometimes I'll see a girl and I'll think to myself,” Damn! You dont even try huh? You want a guy to ask you out and you smell like a bums pocket”? My favorite is when I see a girl put up effort and her guy looks like a ****ing slob. Makes me think thats what women like around here lol One night while grocery shopping I overheard some disgusting looking girls making fun of my shorts ( even in drab I wear short shorts). I simply turned around and said, ” You know whats even more ****ed up then my shorts,the fact that I look better in them then y'all ever will you greasy bitches”! I saw the soul crushing look of defeat in their faces and just walked away. I know I'll never be a woman,but I know for a fact I look better than some. Your not weird in your thought process,you just gotta refine it depending on who's listening. :)

I fully agree with purple8229!!! Women are pretty rad!!

Lisa Gerrie
04-11-2013, 04:07 PM
My two cents; I don't think I ever compare somebody else, female or otherwise, to myself in terms of looks. I certainly think things like "she's beautiful" or "nice curves" or "he's handsome" but it simply doesn't occur to me to compare myself.

I grew up with very little self-confidence about my looks, and even though I've grown into an attractive (I'm told) middle-aged person I'm still that :o kid. I have no problem comparing myself to other people in many areas, like professional competence where my ego kicks in. But not physical appearance.

Lorileah
04-11-2013, 04:38 PM
My original post was not meant to be offensive in any way. It was merely an attempt to explain my personal gauge of attractiveness which is highly subjective. I've enjoyed watching the conversation on this post as it has provided me with different perspectives opposed to mine and I respect that. I'm not quite sure how you feel this post was ridiculing the particular dress of a GG.
Now when checking out women I see some that are just plain unattractive. I say that in no way to be mean but rather as a point of comparison for myself. If I see a woman with a big nose and dark circles under her eyes and overweight my first thought is maybe she is a crossdresser. I made no such mention in my post. I must also say that I am offended that a moderator on this forum would tell me to grow up. How can my maturity level be judged based upon the context of one post? I feel this approach is somewhat close minded and I am perplexed.
you don't see that you insulted women? And then insulted crossdressers? And your photo is in silhouette, so you have nerve to say that when you see someone unattractive (overweight, dark circles), you think crossdresser.

Sorry you are offended but you offended others in the OP. If you want to complain more, send me a PM.

kellycan27
04-11-2013, 05:17 PM
I don't find the post offensive I just consider the source... A guy in a dress.

Christie Camelle
04-11-2013, 05:27 PM
While it's true that everyone has beauty, it is also true that everyone has some ugly. We, be us gg's, gm's, tg's, etc., are sadly not all created equal. Some of the most physically attractive people in the world can have the ugliest hearts thus nullifying their outward beauty. And the opposite is also true. Face it... there are so many un~feminie gg's in the world that it is inevitable that some of us cd's are more feminine. Bottom line, in my humble opinion, everyone is ugly... comparison is human nature.

Momarie
04-11-2013, 06:55 PM
Hahahaha! You JUST answered your own question.

Women, GG's, are the most beautiful wondrous creatures on the planet. In ANY shape, size or color. BAR NONE! They are sharp, quick-witted, stupendously intuitive, and run circles around us men...circles under their eyes, overweight, unattractive as they might seem in your eyes, I would suggest you look deeper..into yourself...and ask yourself this question...

"Why do I have these thought patterns?" And then contemplate it.

Completely & Awesomely PROFOUND!

This thread has certainly sifted the wheat from the chaff.

Lets celebrate all the lovely ladies here that live...

Pretty is, as Pretty does.

SabrinaEmily
04-11-2013, 07:55 PM
Hahahaha! You JUST answered your own question.

Women, GG's, are the most beautiful wondrous creatures on the planet. In ANY shape, size or color. BAR NONE! They are sharp, quick-witted, stupendously intuitive, and run circles around us men...circles under their eyes, overweight, unattractive as they might seem in your eyes, I would suggest you look deeper..into yourself...and ask yourself this question...

"Why do I have these thought patterns?" And then contemplate it.

What nonsense. Women are human beings, good and bad, wise and foolish, just like men are. They're not goddesses or supergeniuses. Putting humans on pedestals isn't reasonable or healthy for anyone involved, whether they're being worshipped or doing the worshipping.

Momarie
04-11-2013, 08:14 PM
Sabrina,

You missed his meaning.

Look beneath the surface.

SabrinaEmily
04-11-2013, 08:21 PM
OK, I looked beneath the surface. I still think it's nonsense at best, and that it may be worse. So I'll have to remain ignorant to the supposed profundity here, unless you'd care to enlighten me.

Paula T
04-11-2013, 08:29 PM
Boy did this thread stir up some feelings. I am glad I didn't start it. Even though I did chime in and say some things that just might have alienated some of our members. When I made my comment it is what I have observed. I did not cause it in any way but the very high divorce rate in this country says some folks just might not be trying. And contrary to what some say all women are not the angels that some seem to think they are. My second wife got meaner and meaner as we aged and I was ready to divorce her as she wasn't always like that. In fact she actually supported the CD side of me. Finally after a trip to the hospital one night the next day I found out the reason. ALZHEIMER'S it can change ones whole personality. But some don't need that excuse.:(

Marleena
04-11-2013, 09:49 PM
9SI8M4LRsDs

I feel pretty! lol.

Hannah Gotta
04-11-2013, 09:51 PM
...Okay, here goes. I've been holding my tongue for a couple days but I have a few things we might want to ponder...

-We all try very, very hard to be beautiful. Same thing with most GGs. How would we feel if there was a forum discussion somewhere titled "Hey, I'm prettier than a crossdresser". We are all beautiful. And we all try very hard to look beautiful. Let's look beautiful. Let's think beautiful and kind thoughts. Let's say beautiful and kind things. Let us all act like ladies. And gentlemen.

-We all want to wear what we want to wear without anyone caring. I would love to wear a skirt to work and have no one care or judge. That would be amazing. If we want that "right", then we have to not care or judge...OR COMPARE if a GG...or anyone...wants to wear sweatpants or a sombrero or whatever to the mall. Instead of seeing a woman and thinking "I am so much prettier than she is", let's think "She is wearing whatever she wants and doesn't care what anyone thinks. Good for her." The moment we stop caring what others are wearing, it puts us on a path of others not caring what we wear.

-We have a loooooooooong way to go when it comes to transgender rights and acceptance. If we as crossdressers want to be accepted, then we need to listen to the words of novelist Kurt Vonnegut: "There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind." When I go out, if anyone snickers or looks funny at me, I smile at them. I'm polite. I don't sneer or say sassy remarks. Do you want to know why? Because when the girl working at Kohls goes home to her husband and talks about her day, she'll say something like "There was a crossdresser at the store today. It was kind of weird, but she was really nice." I'd much rather have her say that instead of "There was a crossdresser at the store today...and she was a total b___h."

Let's just be nice. And let's be beautiful.

Love, Hannah

Lynnmorgan451
04-11-2013, 09:54 PM
I agree with: women are Gods finest creation :)

xcdmargo
04-11-2013, 10:04 PM
Good thought Hannah, you're absolutely right

margo

rocketscientist
04-11-2013, 10:43 PM
Wow. Sometimes I cringe when I see one of "these" threads have been posted. Cuz' I know what's sure to follow. It's always the same GG's furiously defending their' (according to them) indivisible sovereignty of femininity. The truth of the matter (as I see it), is that genetic females DO NOT have a monopoly on femininity. There are plenty of genetic males who are more feminine than many genetic females and there are plenty of genetic females that are more masculine than many genetic males. Look no further than our very own TS and FTM sections for proof of this. What's between your legs doesn't define your femininity or masculinity. "Attractiveness" is not a measure of "passability," rather it is the 10,000 other subtle clues that make for being seen as feminine." This quote from Jennifer is puzzling to say the least. She basically just said that "attractiveness" is the sole domain of the feminine id. Also, I don't recall where the OP mentioned anything about passability. "You will never look more feminine that any GG no matter how she looks." This is hogwash as well. I can list many members here who look a LOT more feminine than some gg's. Can any of you sit there and tell me that some of the gurls here don't appear more feminine than say,hmmm, Anne Ramsey? Honestly? Whatever. Get over it! Really tho, why even worry so much about what others think? Just be the best YOU can be, no matter how anyone(including yourself) defines you.

EDIT! Just read Hannah's post.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thum bsup:

SabrinaEmily
04-11-2013, 11:17 PM
I think you have it, Hannah.

I also think that "She is wearing whatever she wants and doesn't care what anyone thinks. Good for her" was closer to the message of the original post, with a helping of "Then I shouldn't be so insecure about my own appearance", but that it got taken out of context (and it admittedly doesn't sound very good out of context).

ReineD
04-12-2013, 12:38 AM
Now when checking out women I see some that are just plain unattractive. ... Once I am convinced she is not my next thought is that I look more feminine than she does when dressed and no one besides me is giving her a second look.

Several things:

A woman may seem unattractive to you, but I'm sure that she is loved and the people who love her think that she is beautiful. Same goes for men. Do you compare yourself to other men too?

Also, there is an attractiveness scale just like everything else, and we all can't be in the top 10%, especially if we've spent no time on grooming because it is not a priority at that particular time. So if you insist on making comparisons, I suggest you compare yourself to a woman who is your age and weight and who has spent as much time as you on her appearance, for example someone who is on a first date at a fancy restaurant or something.. :p That's only fair.

Last, although I understand your need to build self-confidence, I think you'd do yourself a favor if you stopped comparing yourself to others altogether, especially if you're comparing yourself to a GG who did nothing more than throw on a pair of jeans to do an errand. Beauty comes from within and judgmental people are rarely beautiful. I've met GGs who compare themselves to other GGs and who feel they are prettier. Arrogance, conceit, and pettiness are not attractive traits in anyone.

... and I honestly think it was because I was hotter than she.

I can understand why she is your ex-gf. :p

... and if she didn't like the CDing, believe me it was for much deeper reasons than what you think.

I am not sure if anyone else ever notices that a lot of GG's when they get in there 40's or older stop trying to look at least kinda attractive. You gals tell me why.

A lot of men stop taking care of themselves in their 40s too and both men and women have different priorities than when younger. I do think it is rather shallow to judge anyone just based on their appearance.

Paula T
04-12-2013, 10:16 AM
It is reality and is just the way the world is as much as one may not like it.:sad:

Jaymees22
04-12-2013, 01:02 PM
Hi, Yes I check out other women and then think I could pull off that "look", sometimes I succeed other times not so good...Jaymee

Jenniferathome
04-12-2013, 02:13 PM
Hope you don't mind my two cents, but I think a lot of cross dressers are more inspiring than women. In fact there are more slovenly women who do their best to present themselves to appear unkempt.

Confetti, we occasional cross dresses, in particular, tend to use our mimim dressing as the ideal of a woman. Not "ideal woman" but the dressed up ideal because we don't have to live bathe real world. The daily cross dressers are far more casual. I am sure. I have often referred to the casualization of attaire as the cross dressers lament. But that is a cross dresser issue, not a female one.