PDA

View Full Version : transition

Cathy1
12-13-2005, 01:23 PM
I am a 20 year old transexual that wants to live as a woman full time but can't where I live.Any suggestions as to where I could go to live as a woman full time?

Kim E
12-13-2005, 02:42 PM
Hi Cathy ~
BTW, welcome to the forum. Yours is a difficult question to answer without knowing a bit more about your situation. If you live in the US, maybe a state where you live would be helpful. Also some info on job qualifications and where you are, as far as being able to transition.

I have lived pretty much full time as a female for about a year. I live in a village of about 16,000 people, which is about a half hour from a small city and about 3 hours from a large metro area. I moved to where I am now, not knowing anyone and seem to blend in most cases. I have found the large metro areas seem to be better equipped for accepting transitioning TG/TS people. The support groups and the higher number of transitioning TS's help a great deal.

Remember that living full time presents a whole new set of challenges and problems. Being young is a distinct advantage, though.

Kim

Kate
12-13-2005, 06:32 PM
Hi Cathy,

What are your objectives? If you want to fully transition and become a woman then there are many steps to take to "feminise" yourself, such as electrolysis/laser, hormone therapy, FFS if you can afford it and ultimately GRS.

Since you are young you will probably have a better chance of being passable than most, so perhaps with electrolysis, hormones and some careful makeup you would be passable - in which case where you live doesn't matter?

Kate.

Rachel_740
12-14-2005, 12:40 PM
I am a 20 year old transexual that wants to live as a woman full time but can't where I live.Any suggestions as to where I could go to live as a woman full time?

Cathy,

As others have said - give us a clue, where are you and why can't you transition where you live?

Anne

Nyx
12-19-2005, 02:08 PM
You should move to Montreal city ;) It's where I live... Very accepting and multicultural city with many attraits. By the way, I am a 20 year old TS too ;)

Rachel_740
12-19-2005, 03:34 PM
You should move to Montreal city ;) It's where I live... Very accepting and multicultural city with many attraits. By the way, I am a 20 year old TS too ;)

I'm old enough to be your mum, but any good jobs out there (once I've had my op in a few months).

Anne

Nyx
12-19-2005, 06:39 PM
I'm old enough to be your mum, but any good jobs out there (once I've had my op in a few months).

Anne

The employment rate is very high at the moment, so yes, there are good jobs ;)