PDA

View Full Version : If you had been FAB

Kate Simmons
04-12-2013, 08:55 AM
What would your expectations and your family's expectations have been if you had been born female(FAB)? I know my family would have expected me to get married and have babies. That would have been good but I would also have taken time to get my education to do the things I love which involve science, history and archeology.I would have been a professional woman but would still have enjoyed my family. I would be a Mother and Grandmother many times over and would no doubt be one of the family matriarchs now and be there for my family. Even so, being a Grandpa isn't half bad in itself. I am still able to be myself and at this point can pretty much do what I want and everything I do do, including enjoying feminine expression, is totally my choice. I doubt it gets much better than this. How do you think your life would have gone if you had been FAB? :battingeyelashes::)

Georgia_Maine
04-12-2013, 09:13 AM
Well, based on my parents expectations for my sister, they would not place any special demands because of being FAB. They just wanted us to just be happy!

Ressie
04-12-2013, 09:18 AM
Odds of being sexually abused as a child and raped by the age of 18 would have increased immensely. I would have been more excited when the Beatlemania was the rage. More restrictions on going out. Maybe I would have pursued piano instead of guitar.

kimdl93
04-12-2013, 09:23 AM
my families expectations, male or female, was to go to college, get a meaningful degree and make something of yourself...married or not.

Joanne f
04-12-2013, 09:40 AM
I do not think that my family had any particular expectations for me just a question of getting on with life, if I had been born a female then, I do not really know what my expectations would have been as females had less choice in those days but I have said to my wife that if I was a female I would have been a right little tart :D but that is no doubt TG fantasies working and with a bit of luck I would have had a lot more respect for myself as a female ( maybe not though) :devil: girls got to have fun :heehee:

MysticLady
04-12-2013, 09:41 AM
I believe that there really would not be many differences between my male and female side. My family would be my priority and their welfare and wellbeing. I would have the experiences of a woman under my belt so to speak(giving birth,more intensive emotional feelings,etc). The art of becoming beautiful would be a norm and mundane. I actually believe that I perfer my male side due the strength, ingenuity, and much lessened emotional welbeing:whew!::heehee:.
Plus being a male I enjoy my dressing as a female for the good feeling or whatever you would label it:heehee: gives me. As a female I suspect that I would not posess or experience this fog but then again who knows. I guess I feel like I know since I would be busy running a household,tending children and making sure my bum husband can keep a job:heehee:. Oh my.........would I be a control freak:eek:

Beverley Sims
04-12-2013, 11:31 AM
I feel I may have had a similar life to now although when I was twenty I had a brief sojourn as a woman, enjoyed myself and had no danger of pregnancy, even if I did take the pill.
See, I took precautions.
Never thought about it much I have lived my lives successfully as I am.

Kate Simmons
04-12-2013, 12:19 PM
I had originally intended to transition after the Army(early 1970's) but later changed my mind. At the time(if I did transition) I thought it was cool that I would be able to party and vo do di oh do without worrying about getting in the family way but I'm thinking I would have wanted children at some point if I got married as a TS woman. At least I was able to be a Father which was better than nothing at all. I have no regrets for anything in any case and have pretty much accomplished my life goals, so now just do what I can to help family and others.:)

Jocelyn Quivers
04-12-2013, 03:09 PM
My parents expectations would be the same as they were for me being a GM. Go to school, stay out of trouble, go to church, go to college and graduate. No kids out of wedlock, no tobacco, no drugs, be a productive member of society, use proper English. My expectations would have been the exact same as well. Look your best, exercise, exercise, exercise, diet, diet, diet. No facial hair, shave, and just to be different, try out for the football and wrestling teams, as opposed to cheerleading, softball, etc.

Rachelakld
04-12-2013, 03:21 PM
I probably would not have a head hard wired for maths & science.
I probably wouldn't have ever fixed fighter jets,
Probably never have used a machine gun.

Have a brain hard wired in FAB mode, my interests would all be different
I would have got enough education to get an office job.
I do love my family - no change there.

Angela Campbell
04-12-2013, 03:25 PM
My family would have treated me the same and had the same expectations of me either way. I think I would have been a bit more successful living as a real female because I would have been able to focus on my life instead of always trying to pretend to be something I'm not.

I am a bit disapointed because when I saw the headline of the topic I was thinking Beatles........oh If I could have been born as one of them......

Geena75
04-12-2013, 03:44 PM
Scary thought

My family would have expected me to find some good guy and make a family. But, given my levels of insecurity, and latent shyness, wonder what would have happened. Wouldn't have had some of the outlets like physical sports to work out anxieties. Hopefully would have been a more prudent girl than I was a boy, but that's a huge issue.

All in all, I'm satisfied and quite glad I'm who I am.

EmilyPith
04-12-2013, 04:04 PM
I probably would have got dance lessons, pretty dresses, and my parents would have stopped trying to have a daughter (the sister came four years after me, much to my irritation).

Little did they know, they actually did get a daughter on the first try. Just had the wrong parts on the outside.

I would have been expected to go to school and get as much education as possible, but being raised by Catholics, I would probably also be expected to produce lotsa babies.

Jenara
04-12-2013, 05:28 PM
My dad always wanted a girl, so I imagine he would have just wanted me to be happy. I know they would have wanted grandchildren as family is very important to Italians.

Cheryl T
04-14-2013, 10:39 AM
They would have expected me to live life fully, be happy and healthy. Beyond that all my choices were just that, my choices and not expectations of my family. They were always great that way.

Cheryl Ann Owens
04-14-2013, 11:32 AM
My parents would have expected me to be a good girl, date the "right" boys, do good in school, and be a proper young lady. They would probably expect me to get married to a successful man and work a mundane job. BUT, this personality probably would enjoy getting married later, and have one or two children later. Even now I'm not into what guys usually do. Being retired now I enjoy housework and dislike things that guys usually do. So I feel I'm wired as a female. I love the things women love like shopping and just, well, being a woman. I relate better to women and even feel a sort of distance from my male friends. For me my gender dysphoria has led me to destructive behaviors, anxiety, and depression. I do believe that if I was FAB I'd be away from those bad patterns and very well adjusted. I also wouldn't be here on this board. But it's nice to be here anyway! What if I married a crossdresser? Oh dear! Yes, I'd then be here supporting him all the way! LOL!

Cheryl Ann

Stephanie47
04-14-2013, 11:57 AM
"When are you going to get married? I want grandchildren? Find a nice guy who has a good job. Your skirt is too short! Change your makeup! You look like a ****! When are you going to get married? I want grandchildren!"