PDA

View Full Version : Results of a 50/50 outing to a club.

Tracii G
04-13-2013, 12:34 AM
A friend of mines band was playing a club tonight so I went to see them in 50/50 mode.I hadn't been to this club before and didn't know the type of patrons that went there so I was a bit nervous.It was 80's music night as well.
I had on boot cut womens jeans,3 in heel boots ( under the leg of the jeans)so most of the heel wasn't showing unless I crossed my legs.Brown suede ladies waist length jacket.
Pastel blue tank peeking out under a black Motorhead T shirt.
A few rings and a bracelet.Medium sized hoop earrings.
Styled my hair so it had some waves about halfway down to the shoulders a little volume on the top, parted on the side(It really came out quite cute I thought.)
Walked in and the restaurant part was packed so I walked up to the bar and ordered a diet Pepsi and a shot of tequila.
The redneck guy next to me gave me the evil eye but I acted like he wasn't there.
I ran into my friend and he never batted an eye and we chatted for a bit.
He introduced his wife and the rest of the band to me and they were very nice.
No gawks or stares.
At the first band beak my waitress came over to ask if I needed a refill I said yes thanks then she told me all the girls that work behind the bar are going to line dance here in a min and we agreed we want you to get up and dance with us.
I told her I didn't know how to line dance she smiled and told me thats OK they all wanted me to at least ask you.
Well they all hit the floor and started line dancing to the house music on the PA. They asked the crowd do any guys want to line dance with us and none did.
In the clear you say? Nope two of the girls came over and drug me out there and started showing me how to line dance.
They put me right in the middle so all I could do was at least try and have fun with it.
The crowd enjoyed it so much wives were grabbing their husbands and getting on the dance floor.I felt much better after that.LOL
Great night I had a blast!
As I was leaving one of the bartender girls came over and thanked me for being a good sport and gave me a hug and said you ready to do it again on Sat night?
I said I'm not sure really, laughing she said awww come on the girls behind the bar seem to like you for some reason.
I just waved to them and said thanks ladies I had a great time.

Whats the point of me posting this you ask?
Just be yourself,own the situation and don't sit in the shadows wondering what people think of you.

Lisa Gerrie
04-13-2013, 12:38 AM
You call that outfit 50/50? :heehee:

NathalieX66
04-13-2013, 12:46 AM
Sounds pretty mild....but you did it, that's all that matters. Me likes.

I was at a rock Concert in New York city last month wearing a red dress, black leggings, and knee boots. Nobody cared.

As Ringo, of the Beatles always says: peace & love.

Tracii G
04-13-2013, 12:59 AM
Next big 80's hair band concert I go to Nathalie I'm going enfemme all the way!! Damn the torpedoes I'm going to have some fun.
Mich LOL yeah thats 50/50 for me anyway some may call it 60/40 but its pretty much the way I dress all the time.I was pushing the boundaries just a little by styling my hair a bit more Femme.

DarcyAnne
04-13-2013, 09:32 AM
That's a great story, Tracii. Now you know you've got a place to go where you're welcome and invited to come back. A win win. And you got to hear a live band, that always works for me.

flatlander_48
04-13-2013, 01:15 PM
Whats the point of me posting this you ask?
Just be yourself,own the situation and don't sit in the shadows wondering what people think of you.

I'd say you just never know when you're going to fall in amongst the Friendlies...

Beverley Sims
04-13-2013, 01:16 PM
Tracii, when it is good natured encouragement as you experienced it is good to let your hair down and be an act for the rest of the customers.
I have had some great experiences doing just that.
Be a little outgoing and have a good time.
I would have loved to be chosen.

Annaliese2010
04-13-2013, 05:12 PM
Sounds like fun. Sounds like you have alotta GG fans. If that's your real pic...um...yeah?! You Are. Can't believe you're 60 tho. So pretty!

You go-girrrl! Wish you lived in mich insteada tucky. Hot!

carolinewalker_2000
04-13-2013, 05:55 PM
Hi Tracy,

I think you may need to retake basic math; that doesn't sound like "50/50" to me!

stacycoral
04-13-2013, 05:55 PM
Tracii, girl it sounds like you had a wonderful time, and next time you could go 100% girl, and real go out and dance with the girls, i have been line dancing for many years, and in full guy mode, woman love you being out on the line dancing, and if it is county everyone is line dancing, but at 100% girl you would just be one of the girls, enjoy be yourself, sounds like the girls did. hugs girlfriend.

Jodi Anne
04-13-2013, 06:51 PM
Tracy you sure seem to have fun, get ready for next Saturday.

Tracii G
04-13-2013, 08:33 PM
Band practice went long today so didn't get a chance to go back tonight but I will go back to that club again.