PDA

View Full Version : How do I store my wigs?

Paula T
04-13-2013, 02:48 PM
I have way more wigs that I have the styrofoam heads to put them on. Even if I did have enough forms I wouldn't have enough closet space. So how do you gurls that have lots of wigs store them safely?:daydreaming:

Angela Campbell
04-13-2013, 02:59 PM
I use the packaging they come in.

Fran Moore
04-13-2013, 03:15 PM
I do like Ellen- original packaging, if it's good enough for the manufacturer, it's good enough for me.

suzy1
04-13-2013, 03:20 PM
I just hang them on a nail.:strugglin

Nikki A.
04-13-2013, 03:36 PM
I keep them in one gallon zip-lock storage bags. Keeps them dry and dust free

Eryn
04-13-2013, 03:37 PM
I only have a few so I store them on collapsible plastic wig stands. The ones I don't wear often are covered with clear plastic bags to keep the dust away.

One time I was visiting an older CDer and asked for some wig advice. She wanted to show me an example and opened her wig closet. The entire closet was filled with shallow shelves lined with wig forms. Literally hundreds of wigs, many of the same style and color! It was an impressive collection!

As long as you are careful to put a hair net on the wig and put it carefully in the box without crimping any hair it seems reasonable to store the wig in the same box it arrived in. However, this makes it difficult to choose a particular wig from one's collection.

Paula T
04-13-2013, 03:58 PM
As I have long since thrown away the boxes that they came in. I think the One gallon zip lock bags is what I will be doing and then making a special drawer in one of my dressers to put them in. As several of them are now just lying in the closet on a dresser that is in there. I am not the tidiest person in the world or keep the cleanest house but I definitely don't like clutter either. And stuff lying around on the top of a dresser even if it is in a closet to me is clutter. :)

Beverley Sims
04-14-2013, 02:43 PM

I do what Eccles and Bluebottle did when they invented the aeroplane.
I put them on hangers but the planes lost their shape that way.
To land the aeroplanes they got a big field and called it Gatwick.

So hangers are out and the wigs get put on a shelf and get combed up when needed.

Suzy,
If you don't get it how is anyone else going to get it?

Kate Simmons
04-14-2013, 02:49 PM
In their shipping boxes Hon. I just "shake and go".:)

Tracii G
04-14-2013, 02:51 PM
I just gather up the hair and get it all up in the cap and put it is a 1 gal freezer bag and into a box in the closet.Or put the net around it and put it in a dresser drawer.

Lorileah
04-14-2013, 03:17 PM
also you can wrap them in tissue paper before folding them and putting them in a bag

Ressie
04-14-2013, 03:54 PM
I have a hanging shoe rack on my closet door and 3 wigs are hanging from shoes. 3 more are in a box, and the 2 that are tangled beyond repair are just in a drawer. The plastic bad idea sounds good for long term storage.

IngeInCO
04-14-2013, 11:36 PM

That's what I do as well!

Deborah Kaye
04-15-2013, 04:30 AM
I have three heads that my 25+ wigs rotate on an off. The remainder stay wrapped in their netting inside the boxes they came in.

Maria S
04-15-2013, 07:26 AM
I keep mine in a breast form box. Simply fold it over once and put it in the box.

Maria

Ceri Anne
04-15-2013, 07:33 AM
I use gallon zip lock bags.........an improvement on the origional packaging and it lasts better. I don't seal them all the way to allow for breathing.

Lynn Marie
04-15-2013, 07:38 AM
I just hang them on a nail.

Hairnet, plastic bag with a couple of breathing holes, then hung on a hook. Brushed out before use. Why get so complicated?