PDA

View Full Version : Shopping advice please

Gemma Rhodes
12-13-2005, 04:22 PM
Hi Girls,

Going to plan a shopping trip en femme very soon, have tried before but bottled out at the last minute.

Do you reckon it is better to go when the shops are busy so there is less chance of being noticed or is it better to go when the shops are really quiet ?(ie first thing in the morning or just before closing) so there are fewer people about.

Gemma xx

erica12b
12-13-2005, 05:05 PM
i read some advice once that has stuck with me , (i have not shoped e-fem ) but the advice was , call the shop and ask them , if they know your coming they wont freak you dont take them off guard and they will still want your money ,it made realy good sence to me if you are totaly passable they will never know if your not theyknow but will not react ect. what do you think?

Julia Cross
12-13-2005, 05:09 PM
In general, most stores don't care if you are going in there enfemme, and why should they. You likely will spend money there if treated well. There may likely be issues if they are busy and you choose to try things on, as they will be worried about their other patrons who may see you only as a guy in a dress in the woman's changeroom and question your intentions.

But if you are not trying on, you should have no difficulties.

Julia

Dayna
12-13-2005, 06:00 PM
I prefer early in the morning, myself... the employees tend to be more mature--less likely to make you feel conspicuous.

Michellemartyn
12-13-2005, 07:37 PM
Just go for it girl ...Not to smart ...not to tart.....Iv Michelle shoped all over the UK I no I get read but what the hell!!!
If you stumble about looking all shy it just makes it worse for you so go and have fun for youself you look fab to me.

I meet a girl from your neck of the woods last Friday in Manchester she was a driver go,s all over and get dressed in her van by the name of Sandy .Must be a bit chilly this time of year.

PS thats her name not the van:p

Marlena Dahlstrom
12-13-2005, 09:43 PM
I've never called ahead and never had a problem with stores, although since I live in the Bay Area, your mileage may vary. Just remember your cash is as good as anyone else's.

(OTOH I need to get a few things tailors and will probably call ahead for that -- not sure why, probably because being fitted is a bit more intimate.)

There's pros and cons to each time slot. When it's busy there's lots of distractions so you'll probably be noticed less. OTOH, if slow there's less people to interact with. If you decide to go when it's slow, I'd suggest going in the morning when the teenagers are still in school.