PDA

View Full Version : Girl over guy?

Kate Simmons
04-15-2013, 06:01 AM
Often times many folks here will downplay their guy "self" and say they prefer being their girl "self". Now, before we get technical I will also say presenting as a guy or girl as many will say it is the same "self". In any case, many seem to diss the guy part and prefer being the woman. Any particular reason for this? Do you feel it's out of your control perhaps? Just what is so bad about being a guy that you would prefer being a girl? Personally, I shucked off any pretentious roles long ago and whatever I do and however I look is totally my own choice. Knowing our own feelings and taking ownership of them is part and parcel of being our own person, regardless of presentation. What are your thoughts on this?:)

Angela Campbell
04-15-2013, 06:14 AM
That is easy. I am a girl. The only boy is the pretend part for others to see.

MissTee
04-15-2013, 06:19 AM
I like to think I give both equal billing. I can honestly say it's not contrived, either, as I like a lot of things about both "selves." I have had many occasion to stay en femme for a week or more, but after about three days I'm ready to get back in guy mode and hang up the skirts for a spell. Likewise, and because I'm still not out to the public, in those situations where I can't dress en femme for a long spell I get agitated. I'm OK accepting the guy me and prefer that for the majority of the time.

Asp
04-15-2013, 06:20 AM
I would say for me, there is no guy self or girl self. The way I see it, I am both genders, combined. Makeup and women's clothing is just what I decided to wear for the day.

deebra
04-15-2013, 06:22 AM
Thats easy, girls are pretty and more attractive than guys, their curvy bodies gives you more to work with as far as appearance, the clothes fit the body better and are more attractive and girls are less agressive. Then theirs the "sex-appeal" and how you want to dress to showcase it.

Beverley Sims
04-15-2013, 06:51 AM
I have a preference for being a girl but it is hard sometimes to change and become a guy to go to work.
Once I am changed I am ok but I can't wait to get back to my old self as Beverley.

Maria S
04-15-2013, 07:08 AM
I prefer being a girl but a bit of boy time has some advantages as well.

Maria

Ceri Anne
04-15-2013, 07:17 AM
Since I can't be a girl all the time, even though I like my guy side, the girl side is the one that squeeks the loudest wanting to get out. I'm happy with aspects of both sides of my personality. I have always expressed charicteristics of both, just living more of the girls side now.

Jennifer in CO
04-15-2013, 07:47 AM
I'm pretty sure I get what your saying. It's also why my wife said she had no problems with me transitioning way back when. She said she didn't see a guy or a girl when she looked at me - she just saw me (the person). Admittedly, she did say (and it had a large part in ultimately transitioning) that when I dressed as a girl I was more fun to be around, but that I think is a different story....

Lynn Marie
04-15-2013, 08:16 AM
I spend most of my time in boy mode. I don't have to, I could dress 24/7. It's just easier being a boy and I prefer to keep things simple. I have the same confidence, boldness, and sense of style that I attempt to exhibit in girl mode.

Kate Simmons
04-15-2013, 08:26 AM
I posted this thread out of curiosity mostly. In the picture section in the girl vs boy mode thread I find most of the folks here look good either way to me anyway. I suppose it depends on your perspective on things.:)

Georgia_Maine
04-15-2013, 09:03 AM
I agree with Asp. I am me either way. Even most GGs don't dress really fem everyday.

boink
04-15-2013, 09:09 AM
My identity isn't female, but it's definitely not male. I tend to bleed a little gender both ways, and that works for me. Either way I don't feel like I have two "selves" any more than I have two selves because I have professional clothes I wear specifically at work and wouldn't at home.

Cheryl T
04-15-2013, 09:40 AM
I am simply Me, a complex individual born male with a strong feminine side that requires expression.

Marcella Camira
04-15-2013, 10:33 AM
I am what I call 50-50. I like being girl at the house and guy outside the house. For various reasons. And it may change one day who knows. But been like this along time. I don't really think about it either. And both sides of me kinda merge sometimes inside and outside but lean to their respective sides.

suchacutie
04-15-2013, 11:50 AM
I really enjoy both of my gendered selves. I'm one of us whose gender presentations are very, very different. Maybe it's the difference that sends me back and forth between masculine and feminine, but whatever it is, the two of us are equal and equally fun!!!

AllyCDTV
04-15-2013, 03:16 PM
I consider my girl mode to be a simple vacation from reality. Playing dress-up is a lot of fun, but I prefer being in the guy mode.

IngeInCO
04-15-2013, 03:25 PM
I consider my girl mode to be a simple vacation from reality. Playing dress-up is a lot of fun, but I prefer being in the guy mode.

I'm kinda in the same mind set. I don't really feel that I'm female inside. CD is part of me but not all of me.

Annaliese
04-15-2013, 04:09 PM
I am to the point it not about be in guy mode or fem mode, it me mode this is who I am take it or leave it. Me likes to do many things consider male and female.

TeresaCD
04-15-2013, 04:23 PM
I am learning that I am both, and trying to explore and enjoy both sides of me.

I Am Paula
04-15-2013, 11:20 PM
Guy me is that retarded uncle you keep locked in the attic. Sometimes he comes out when there is heavy lifting to be done, but no one talks to him.

noeleena
04-16-2013, 03:11 AM
Hi,

People can percive you yet dont know you ...as male.......& some know you & know more about you than you realise, so its not about clothes or what you wear. its about who you really are as a person. in my case a female. who's become or grown in to a woman,

...noeleena...

Kalista Jameson
04-16-2013, 03:21 AM
I've thought about this topic myself. I personally see myself as one person who likes to present both ways depending how I feel at any given time. I love being girly and feminine at times, but also love and have no animosity towards my male presentation. I don't think of myself in 'drab' when presenting male. I enjoy that part of me, the part most people know anyway, every bit as much as my girly self. Right now, because I'm in a season of getting to express myself more as a TGirl, I'm having a lot of fun with that. I would never not want to present male. I like the whole me, denying no part of me.

Cheers,

Kalista

Barbara Maria
04-16-2013, 03:30 AM
I am simply Me, a complex individual born male with a strong feminine side that requires expression.
Well put,Cheryl.Same with me,though the feminine side seems to be taking over lately.Barbara Maria

jenimithu
04-16-2013, 03:47 AM
Well kate there is no seperate boy or girl both r d same.the thing is what v chose to be at that time it's our choice

Sonya
04-16-2013, 03:56 AM
I believe that i am the same person in boy or girl mode and i truly enjoy both.

sometimes_miss
04-16-2013, 08:49 AM
Just what is so bad about being a guy that you would prefer being a girl?
You're one of those who don't 'get it', like so many women who wonder why any guy would want to be a girl, or dress as a girl, as it's simply a more complicated thing to do.

We do it because it feels right. That's it. It's not that being a guy is so 'bad'. It's that being a guy feels unnatural (for whatever reason; to me, behaving and dressing as a standard issue guy feels like I'm playing a part in a play or a movie. It's something I have to do to avoid all the conflict that being a girl in this body would entail).
As far as 'knowing our own feelings and taking ownership of them', well, I decide how I want to present myself to the outside world, ME; not anyone else who who thinks they know better about what's good for me.

~Joanne~
04-16-2013, 09:02 AM
On certain days, the girl mode seems to be the more dominant part of me but either mode is still me in the end. I enjoy just being myself no matter what mode I am in.

kimdl93
04-16-2013, 11:42 AM
I'm not sure about how to respond. I certainly don't have a very pronounced girl mode....I pretty much behave the same either way. But I do try not to present myself - in movements, voice etc that would be incongruous with my outward appearance. I end up letting the more feminine elements express themselves even when I'm in male mode.

Ciara Brianne
04-16-2013, 05:01 PM
We all have a masculine and a feminine side to us. Each of us to differing extents. I am a combination of these, as are we all. I personally have a strong feminine side, but at the same time I am also masculine. I believe this is just the duality of life and nature. Most men suppress their feminine side for fear of being teased and called "gay". One has to be in touch with their inner self in order for both sides to manifest. This is true even if the connection is nothing more than inner turmoil between what you feel and what societal norms dictate. Dressing is an outlet for my strong feminine side. By expressing my feminine side as well as my masculine side, I feel whole, complete. Accepting this has made me a stronger person, boosted my confidence, and relived a lot of anxiety and stress associated with years of inner conflict. :)

As for downplaying our "guy self", I think we have all sought these forums looking to find an outlet for our feminine sides. Many of us are in situations where we don't get the chance to express ourselves in life like we would like to, for various reasons, most of which are shared. This forum is for the exploring and sharing our experiences, concerns, finding support we cannot find elsewhere, and for me...just finding that I am not alone.

BOBBI G.
04-17-2013, 09:42 AM
For me, I'm Bobbi all the time, just more masculine while at my J-O-B. Mind set, definitely female. The clothing I wear is mine, I don't own any boy stuff. Someday I will be able to drop employment and be totally me all the time.

Bobbi

Lacyfem
04-17-2013, 10:07 AM
Obviosly everyone has different feelings about being guy or gurl and which side is most controlling. I like being a guy and when opportunity allows I like letting my fem side out. Always been told that as a male I have a lovely fem side to me and this told to me by women over the period of years. So I love allowing again this fem side to come out fully dressed and made up. Somewhat complex but not so complex that I need a therapist.

LynnR
04-17-2013, 10:26 AM
In answer to the original question, it's not about 'dissing' the guy part. I simply feel female and always have felt this way. I just want to dress the way I feel right for me.

BlairP
04-17-2013, 11:11 AM
A CD is a guy who likes to be a girl sometimes. Thats me. But when I do go into girl mode I go all out.

Aly Cat
04-17-2013, 12:20 PM
I myself enjoy womens clothing but fully embrace that I am a guy. I have never been one to be all masculine by any means. I was the one playing violin while all my friends played football and I have always enjoyed the softer things in life. Was always more emotional (even more than my wife!). To me, I dont look at myself as having two selves. Its just me. I love action movies, martial arts, playing violin and cello, feeling satin on my skin...two sides to one coin, but still just one coin. When I wear womens clothing, I dont go into fem mode. I have a hairy face and hairy arms to the point it makes me look like I have a farmer tan...hmm..I really need to do something about that :) . I have no intention of being a woman, but I have no intention of being a brutish man either lol. I like who I am, and those who know the womens fashion side of me accepts me for who I am...well, all except for my wife, but thats another story for another time.

Judith96a
04-17-2013, 12:30 PM
A CD is a guy who likes to be a girl sometimes. Thats me. But when I do go into girl mode I go all out.

I can relate to that!