PDA

View Full Version : Might not seem like much but it was a Big first for me tonight

ShelbyDawn
04-15-2013, 11:46 PM
OK, I am sitting here in the aftermath of doing my taxes and relaxing in my favorite denim skirt, an new top with panties, bra and forms on underneath. I have also added a new wig to complete the picture. I am dressed as far as I have ever been, minus my stockings but they are black and don't really go with the demin look. :)

Anyway, it occurs to me that I have left my phone in the car. What to do???
go to all the trouble to undress and put something drab on or, primariily since it's 11:00 at night, just throw caution to the wind and go get the stupid phone.
I mean I could run into one of my neigbors sleep walking or something and what might they say???

So... I straightened my skirt, smoothed my top and made sure my wig was on straight and went and got the phone. Noone else was out but it didn't matter. It was a great feeling. Probably 150 yards there and back and three flights of stairs.
Just a baby step to some but huge for me...

Bought my first corset last week, now this... My gosh what's next? I'm thinking about finding smeone to teach me how to put on some makeup or maybe tomorrow night I can go all the way across the complex to the mailbox and back.

Will the adventures never cease?

Shelby

BlairP
04-16-2013, 12:09 AM
Shelby, I am proud of you. I know exactly the feeling. I remember when it used to be like that for me. Then I started going out all of the time completely dressed...even with 1" acrylic nails, waxed legs, expensive and sexy wigs and clothes. It never got that much easier going out. Then I stopped for 10 years and now it is hard all over again. Especially now that I am a bit heavier and 10 years older. But being brave it what it is all about. What is the worst that can happen? People will find out who you really are?

DianeDeBris
04-16-2013, 01:33 AM
Hi Shelby - every one of us remembers (or looks forward to!) the step you took tonight. Anything that we fear demands real courage to accomplish - so you have every right to be proud of yourself! And - it really was fun, wasn't it?! Hugs - Diane

Tracii G
04-16-2013, 02:06 AM
A proud sister here too one hurdle down GF you are on a roll!!

Barbara Maria
04-16-2013, 02:31 AM
Hi Shelby.That is a big step.I can't say much because I don't go out (yet)but I had that exact same experience only a few months ago.The next night I took the trash to the curb en femme.By the end of that week I was doing these things in daylight.Now I'm to the point where I sit out on my back porch every day and sun my legs.You broke the ice,now hang on.It snowballs from here.Enjoy.Barbara Maria

Rianna Humble
04-16-2013, 04:33 AM
Don't put yourself down, Shelby. That first time out the door takes a lot of courage. As others have said, you will probably never forget the feeling.

The Chinese have a proverb which says that the journey of 1000 miles begins with the first step.

Well, you have taken that step, only another 999 miles, 1610 yards to go :heehee:

~Joanne~
04-16-2013, 07:55 AM
Yeah, that first step outside is such a rush and one you will never forget. It's also the driving force that makes you want to go out more. I sit here sometimes wondering if I had just stayed in that one halloween, would I be wanting to get out as bad as I do now?

Congrats on your first step though, yes it may be small to some but others realize how big it truly is :)

TeresaCD
04-16-2013, 09:25 AM
And what an adventure! Well done!

Jorja
04-16-2013, 09:36 AM
OMG, another one has had a taste of freedom!!!!:)

While it may be small steps, that is exactly what it takes to take the larger steps of going out and about.

Wildaboutheels
04-16-2013, 10:34 AM
Good going Shelby. The next time will be just a litle easier. Only 12 posts and you have already escaped the closet!!!

I would wager that the first trip outside for at least 50% here would probably be to their mailbox at 2am BUT it IS a start.

Now, if you can just get one more trip outside and actually pass someone and live to tell about it again, you will officially have crossed over that CD line in the sand to REALITY where few people will care or notice or let on that they noticed.

kimdl93
04-16-2013, 11:21 AM
The adventures will continue as long as you want. Get yourself to a mall right away and stop at the MAC counter. A little make up help will boost your confidence immensely.

Your experience isn't unlike my own. Mine was the need to move a sprinkler...I couldn't bring myself to change clothes, so I braced myself and stepped outside en femme for the first time! Within a couple days, I'd been to the mall for the MAC consult, come out to my hair dresser and had dinner at a local restaurant.

Laura912
04-16-2013, 11:32 AM
Yea, Shelby!! Maybe you could start a new Olympic event...the first time out cross dresser dash. All the pros here are disqualified. I admire your courage. Go girl!

suchacutie
04-16-2013, 11:33 AM
The answer is No! Adventures will never cease! Ok, it might be a better world for us if there was no adventure, i.e. complete acceptance of transgenderism as a normal gender situation. Then the adventures would be the same as everyone else's daily lives (adventurous or boring as they may be!).

So, for the forseeable future, "Adventures are Us"!

ShelbyDawn
04-16-2013, 12:28 PM
>>wildaboutheels
I have to confess I have been around for longer than 12 posts. I have had to change my name a few times as my ex was spying on me looking for stuff to use against me. I don't think she will figure out this is me, though and I do need this forum as an outlet and for the support of all the wonderful ladies that "live" here.

Thanks too all of you for your kind words and support.

Now, what am I going to wear to the mailbox tonight??? :)

Beverley Sims
04-16-2013, 12:45 PM
Shelby, I hope for you the adventure just continues.
A pity about your wife, that is hard.