PDA

View Full Version : That moment......

~Joanne~
04-16-2013, 08:32 AM
I had an interesting experience yesterday.

My SO was at work and I had the day off so what is a girl to do with her free time? well, dress of coarse lol while I am out to a accepting and supportive SO, I do not try to push this on her so most of my dressing is done when she is not home. Later when she did get home, we went out to our favorite (or maybe it's just mine) store and did some shopping :)

Not to get off track here, I was fully dressed. Had my favorite skirt on, top, hose, heels, nails, makeup, wig...you get the idea, the whole nines. So I am completely at ease and just relaxing before I decide what to do next. Do I take pictures? Do I surf the site? or go do a few things around the house? I decided I'll sit at the PC and surf the site a bit then go to do a few things around the house when I hear this loud, yet muffled, thud.

First thing I think is, the damn cat is climbing on things again downstairs and knocked something over. That or the dog did. Before I could decide whether to go see what was knocked over, this head appears in my window! Keep in mind, I live in a townhouse and was upstairs at the time.

Here I am fully dressed and looking at this guy on a ladder measuring the window. I am not paralyzed in fear or anything. I get up, heels clicking the floor, and go into the other room. Whether he actually looked in or not, is unknown. What he thought he saw if he did is unknown. Whether my heels got his attention or not is unknown but the fact that I was casual about it and didn't panic was.

I did call the community office and complain that we should have been told that someone was coming around to measure the windows and that a guy on a ladder possibly looking in windows may occur. Granted, I am sure this guy wasn't purposely looking into houses, but if a noise, such as heels clicking a wood floor, or any other noise, caught his attention I am sure it's human nature to turn towards the noise.

A few minutes later though I realized that I had one of those moments. A moment where I didn't really care if he saw me or not. If he did ( because looking in a dark window in daylight is nearly impossible without pressing your face to the glass) what did he think he saw? a cute woman? an ugly woman? a CD? some freak? lol

It really made me think for the next hour about how comfortable I have become with all of this. How I am getting closer by the day to accepting fully and unconditionally who I am. Of coarse My SO laughed about it when I told her ;)

So I guess I will end this with a couple questions:

When did you have your "Moment" and what were the circumstances behind it? Was it triggered by an event? Did it just hit you? etc, etc, etc....

Any GG's reading this I also have a moment question for you. When do you feel you hit that "moment" of being comfortable with your SO's dressing?

Much food for thought :) have a great week everyone!

kimdl93
04-16-2013, 11:48 AM
Hmmm, I related this before . The first moment was when I needed to move a sprinkler, and rather than shifting back to male mode, I opted to step out my front door. Of course, no one appeared to see me, but it was the moment I decided to go for it. After that, I decided I could do it, and the next day came out to my hair dresser, got my first make over and had dinner at a restaurant.

Ms. Laura
04-16-2013, 12:01 PM
I'm still waiting to have that moment.

I'm glad that you had it! Thank you for sharing that story.

Beverley Sims
04-16-2013, 12:14 PM
My moment was when five girls dressed me up and had a competition to see whose clothes I looked best in.
Three of them shared a house with me at the time.
They needed a boy in a dress to be their body guard in the house.

AllieSF
04-16-2013, 01:18 PM
Mine was the first time I went out and after getting out of the car began to realize that I could do just that and my fears seemed to go away, or at least most of them that first time. Now, I have littler moments, but "moments" just the same, as I worry less about that eventual very big "moment" when I am caught and recognized by someone I know who does not presently know about this side of me. Some of those include returning home late at night and not stopping along the way to remove wig before driving into my townhouse development court and into my garage, meeting someone in my nearby train station totally en femme, when before I would not have. All these are great preparation for the big one. I hope!