PDA

View Full Version : Went shopping and realized something about myself

tiffiany
12-13-2005, 07:08 PM
I took the COGIATI test, which summed up what I originally thought and read some of the other articles on the site. The article on "What can I do about this? Is there hope for me?" was very intersting.

So I decided to go out and buy some clothes at walmart. Sure enough not only were the sales associates friendly, but nobody cared what I was buying. After shoppng I decided to goto a wig store and try on some wigs for the first time. After trying several wigs on and getting advice from the nice lady, I picked a wig that suited me. I went home and put on the clothing and wig and felt like my trueself. For some reason I feel so much better when Im dressed.

Does anybody feel the same way? Is this a sign that Im transgenered in some way?

Thanks for listening.

Wenda
12-13-2005, 10:27 PM
Dont know about transgendered, just being happy with being you.

emmicd
12-13-2005, 11:40 PM
I think its positive that you are able to express your self as you describe and that you had a good experience in shopping for womens clothes and wigs. You are better for understanding this part of your self and the more comfortable you become with it the happier you will be.

Don't worry about labels just be content with you and then you will be able to express yourself with others.

Good Luck!

emmi

nancy58
12-14-2005, 12:33 AM
Someone on either this list or another that I tried briefly told me I was transgendered because I like putting on women's clothing. At the time, I was so obsessed with it that it was hard to work because I was thinking about CD-ing, and I couldn't even enjoy a nice dinner out alone with my wife because I really wanted to be dressed as well as she was. Time passed, and I got a few unhappinesses out of my life. I even went a few weeks without putting on some of my lingerie and even came to the point that I was ready to pack my things up until the next "flare up". If I had acted on how I felt in February, I would probably have made a total wreck of my family situation, maybe even have permanent boobs and a vagina to show for it. There are aspects of that scenario that could be interesting and possibly pleasant, but I don't think I'd be happy.

Everyone I've heard of who had SRS (sexual reassignment surgery) was acutely miserable as a man, and felt female inside. Liking how you feel when you are dressed as a woman is not the same thing as disliking every masculine aspect of yourself and feeling you are in the wrong body. Ultimately, you -- and only you -- are going to know the answer to whether you are a man who likes to put on women's clothing or a woman in a man's body. The name you put on it doesn't really matter; what matters is how you feel about yourself. I agree with the ladies who answered you before me. Enjoy experimenting and playing. If you can, keep a journal of your feelings, and go over it from time to time to see what the constants are. Enjoy being yourself; enjoy being, period. There is no hurry for you to take some action, is there?

Nancy

tiffiany
12-14-2005, 11:06 AM
Over the years Ive had to supress my feelings, prevent myself from doing feminine things. I remember going to counseling at an early age because of my wearing of womens clothes. The stress and angush of it as well as how I felt about myself caused me to have an ulcer. As I grew older, most of that went away because of denial, I surrounded myself in things so I wouldnt think about it.

Looking back now, I believe that wasnt a smart thing to do, but we learn from our mistakes. Now that Im on my own, Im able to express myself more.
I am in no means in a hurry to change who I am, since Im still trying to figure that out and what I want.

Thanks for the advice.

Nikki Dee
12-14-2005, 12:01 PM
Hi. Hun...I too went shopping and realised something about myself.....mainly that I am SO weak when it comes to shopping for Nikki...I love everything.!!...and that I can't always afford what I spend.!!!!! Ces't la vie.
Love Nikki. xx

GypsyKaren
12-14-2005, 12:21 PM
Hi Tiffiany

Sounds to me like you're learning to just be yourself, and that's a pretty cool place to be. Don't worry about labels, they mean nothing.

I have found that stores are just interested in making a sale, I have never had any problems, and I always get plenty of help. Glad you found that out, and I hope you enjoy you're new look.

GypsyKaren

tiffiany
12-15-2005, 11:59 AM
Glad you found that out, and I hope you enjoy you're new look.Thanks, Ive had a great two days just being myself, if only it didnt have to end. Oh well, theres always next week.

Wendy me
12-15-2005, 12:05 PM
i would say dump the lables , do what makes you happy never mind someones lable for were you should try to be go with happy and enjoy your selfe just be you.......