PDA

View Full Version : 30 F actually emailed me on Match.com!

KateSpade83
04-16-2013, 08:05 PM
I have a somewhat old profile on Match.com, I put my male pics on it when I was 37 years old. Probably 4 months ago I updated my profile, and this time I gave out that I was a straight crossdresser and I post two female pics of myself. If you want to see my male pic and profile look up cervelobiker...

Anyway, ever since I updated my profile with my crossdressing info I don't know why more women were looking at my profile. And in the years I've been on Match.com I only had 1 woman who was interested in me, but she wasn't attractive to me. But yesterday, another woman just emailed me! The big problem is I can't see her pic or know her profile unless I subscribe, anyone know a way around this? Sometimes I think it might be fishy of fake because I suspect match.com would fake an interest just to get you to resubscribe.

But anyway, I'm just telling you that this is proof some women might be attracted to crossdressers! Has something similar happened to you? Tell us about it?

This is what I say in my match.com profile About Me section:

I'm a Fillipino guy with a college degree from Univ. of IL at Urbana - Champaign. I mostly like women who are near my height and build. Someone who is my exact height would be perfect! I do like bikes a lot, video games, movies, and traveling. I'm slim and fit, not overweight. I don't like obese women, divorced women, or ones that have kids already. I'm not promiscious and never had a sexual disease, so if I end up marrying someone I would be faithful and not a cheater.

My permanent home is Wicker Park, Chicago - in a house that I'll inherit from my parents.

I have a habit of crossdressing, but I'm not gay into men. I just love women's clothes a lot! I look great both ways, and I'm very passable as a woman. But I can dress a woman in real nice clothes if you're a size 4 to 8, my women's clothes size!

If you see a guy biking in Chicago in one of 4 expensive road bikes that may be me!

I'm thinking about learning to cook nice dishes, as I have been collecting cookbooks with nice recipes.

I like working an 8 to 5 job with not much overtime so I can have time to enjoy after work.

I love it when women wear skirt suits. So if you're a professional woman who wears a lot of skirt suits - that's a big turn on for me! Or else I'll dress you up in nice skirt suits! It would be great if you're a size 4 or 6 too (Britney Spear's size)! I have a big collection of over 120 skirt suits!

kimdl93
04-16-2013, 08:52 PM
Well, if it works, why not. I'm not in the market but I've been pleasantly surprised by the number of women who have approached me while I'm dressed en femme. It never happened when I was in male mode.

lingerieLiz
04-16-2013, 10:00 PM
Kate!!! How much did the women want to meet you? Save your money and don't bother subscribing to Match.com...

Eryn
04-16-2013, 10:45 PM
...But yesterday, another woman just emailed me! The big problem is I can't see her pic or know her profile unless I subscribe, anyone know a way around this?

Last time I checked, Match.com is a business. They may accept your information for free, but they won't be giving you any information until you pay for it!

Kathi Lake
04-16-2013, 10:54 PM
You haven't had a job in 4 1/2 years, but have 4 expensive road bikes? Do you just have really generous parents?

And what if she is overweight? Have you had many women beating down your door? If the woman is real, give her a try. In other words, do for her what you wish women would do for you - give them the benefit of the doubt.

Kathi

Tracii G
04-17-2013, 01:04 AM
Size makes no difference its the heart that means everything.
I was on Hot Or Not for a long time and I got hits from females more than males if that says anything.Plus I was quite heavy at the time.

The women that I emailed back seemed intrigued by a guy that crossdresses for different reasons of course.
I did meet one lady and we went out a few times but she was going thru a divorce and just wanted someone to go out with that was different and unique.
Se met a guy eventually but we still email each other.

Nicole Erin
04-17-2013, 06:27 AM
Match.com, eharmony, and all those other pay date sites are scams. Look up the complaints about those sites before paying for anything.
They have a habit of sending you "matches" close to time for you to renew your subscription.

Maria S
04-17-2013, 07:56 AM
I like working an 8 to 5 job with not much overtime so I can have time to enjoy after work.

Should your ad not say "I would like to work an 8 to 5 job...."

Maria

Kali
04-17-2013, 08:11 AM
Match.com, eharmony, and all those other pay date sites are scams. Look up the complaints about those sites before paying for anything.
They have a habit of sending you "matches" close to time for you to renew your subscription.

My wife and I met on Match.com. After 10 years I'm pretty sure she isn't trying to pull a fast one...

kimdl93
04-17-2013, 09:05 AM
My wife and I met on Match.com. After 10 years I'm pretty sure she isn't trying to pull a fast one...

Actually, I too, met my wife on Match.com. Of course, that was when it was new and I guess we were early adopters. I think its great to put yourself out there and meet people from a much broader potential pool. Of course, you have to be careful and skeptical...just as you would be in 3D encounters.

Also, as noted above, I would focus on getting a real job. All the apparent interest may evaporate if an interested woman learns that you're not working...unless you happen to be independently wealthy.

ICU Nurse
04-17-2013, 09:26 AM
Same here, I'm an eHarmony success story as are 7 other couples with whom we are close.

katlee
04-17-2013, 09:35 AM
I did a few dates on match.com and they were fun, but nothing really developed. If you really want to start using a dating website, go for it. There is a living social deal for a month for 15 bucks. But, remember most ladies prefer you to contact them, rather doing the wink or the wave. I have friends who tell me that they get a bunch of creepers looking at their okcupid or plentyoffish accounts.

Beverley Sims
04-17-2013, 02:02 PM
An interesting mix of results here.
I am always skeptical of some sites but there is always a mix of success and disaster stories.
Just know how to sell yourself and be wary of what you are buying
Caveat emptor.

kimdl93
04-17-2013, 03:24 PM
An interesting mix of results here.
I am always skeptical of some sites but there is always a mix of success and disaster stories.
Just know how to sell yourself and be wary of what you are buying
Caveat emptor.

I agree - let the buyer beware. I'm sure the mix of people has changed a bit since my wife and I stumbled upon each other back in 1997. At that time, Match.com seemed like a huge universe, but I'm sure that there are 1000x as many users today. Being a paid service does have one advantage - it screens out people who aren't serious enough to spring for the $15/mo or whatever it costs these days. Also, the same rules apply to meeting on line or in person - that's just the beginning of learning who a person is. Sooner or later, you have to talk in real time, then if it seems promising, meet in person under safe circumstances. Probably better than having a half dozen drinks, stumbling up to an equally intoxicated woman and "falling in love". I wonder how many failed relationships began that in that much more traditional manner!

Alicia_lynn419
04-17-2013, 04:09 PM
Hi Kate,
I've seen a number of posts from you over the years, but your recent one about Match.com really caught my eye. I grew up in "Chambana", and am a class of 85 Urbana graduate. Just wanted to say hello to another Illini... Seems like we already have that in common. And BTW.. I never came out to anyone on Match.com, but have been dating a girl who is very accepting from pof.com.

Allie

PS.
I tried to private message you, but your mailbox is full.

docrobbysherry
04-17-2013, 04:35 PM
Congrats, Kate! I've been on Match for some time. I beleve they r legit but that's not a recommendation. I was not aware they accepted pics of females on male member pages. They deleted mine saying they werem't pics of me. Of course, Sherry doesn't resemble me at all.

Annaliese2010
04-17-2013, 05:09 PM
....But anyway, I'm just telling you that this is proof some women might be attracted to crossdressers! Has something similar happened to you? Tell us about it? ....Oh yeah...I get 'hit-on' by GG's all the time when out n about. Some, not a lot. And I love each one. Unfortunately tho, lots of guys too...which makes me vomit (no..not really. I just turn away ignore em).

VeronicaMoonlit
04-17-2013, 05:30 PM
You haven't had a job in 4 1/2 years, but have 4 expensive road bikes? Do you just have really generous parents?

By my definition Kate's not really "unemployed" because she's on SSDI which means she's disabled, and I suspect like many in her position with living parents...she probably does get some money and gifts from parents, or perhaps lives rent free in a place they provide.

Veronica

shortskirt87
04-17-2013, 06:50 PM
Where do I begin? 4 expensive road bikes? (no one cares about your material objects prices) and also Britney Spears is a lot smaller than a size 4-6 lol. I have a hard time taking you seriously with your posts that are always all over the place!

KateSpade83
04-17-2013, 10:16 PM
I probably won't subscribe to Match.com just to see her email. But if I get a job then I'd subscribe just to see her email. And maybe then I'' look for a woman on Match, too. But generally, I find that Match.com has a poor selection of women, and I can easily find pretty enough women when I go shopping, grocery, or doing a workout bike ride.

I bought most of my expensive bike collection from money that I earned while working. But I got several bmx bikes from unemployment and SSDI. I have a $35,000 collection of bikes.

shortskirt87
04-17-2013, 10:46 PM
Again, nobody cares! 35 grand in bikes? That's absurd.

Princess Chantal
04-18-2013, 02:37 AM
Again, nobody cares! 35 grand in bikes? That's absurd.

It's a hobby of hers and is quite proud of her collection..... nothing wrong with that.

shortskirt87
04-18-2013, 02:41 PM
It's a hobby of hers and is quite proud of her collection..... nothing wrong with that.

She has several "hobbies" if you read her posts. How many are true? That's where the big question lies.

KateSpade83
04-18-2013, 07:41 PM
shortskirt you really are prejudiced against me here... My hobbies are just video games, crossdressing, vintage bmx bikes and bmx freestyle. I like some arcade machines but I don't have a big house to store arcade machines. I'd like to get into R/C cars but I don't have the money for then yet.

I used to post Pic threads with the prices of my skirt suits. JUST TO INFORM YOU PEOPLE, because sometimes when you people post pic thread I wonder about the cost of your items. And then you people mistakenly started thinking I was materialistic, because some of my skirt suits were expensive St John skirt suits. But I am not materialistic and I'm not that snob driving a BMW and looking you down. I don't even have any rich / money / materialistic friends so don't accuse me of that. Maybe your just sensitive because maybe you're jealous and have nothing.

Kelly DeWinter
04-18-2013, 08:00 PM
.... But generally, I find that Match.com has a poor selection of women ..........QUOTE]

Did you REALLY, REALLY, REALLY mean what you posted ?, It's not a grocery store for heavens sake

[QUOTE=Princess Chantal;3169745]It's a hobby of hers and is quite proud of her collection..... nothing wrong with that.

Have to agree, there are threads here about peoples cars, boats etc. Nothing wrong with a good hobby. I collect ticonderoga #2's and have and extensive colletion of 4 and 1/2 . I beleive I'll retire early once they reach a price of .07 apiece that is.

Princess Chantal
04-18-2013, 08:35 PM
Have to agree, there are threads here about peoples cars, boats etc. Nothing wrong with a good hobby. I collect ticonderoga #2's and have and extensive colletion of 4 and 1/2 . I beleive I'll retire early once they reach a price of .07 apiece that is.
Wait until they are worth 8 cents a piece and sell them individually up here in Canada. We got rid of the penny so at 8 cents they would be rounded up to a dime a piece.... that gives you a 25% more mark up :eek:

at 7 cents they would be rounded down to a nickel!!!! That would really put a damper on your retirement plans

vanitysumers
04-18-2013, 11:02 PM
DO NOT TELL SSDI that you have $35,000 in bikes because when you on on SSDI you are not allowed to have resources or income over I think $1500.00/month at the end of the month.

that means if you have a car that's valued at 1500.00 you better spend every dime you have at the end of the month so your resources do not exceed the $1500.00 else you need a waiver

I bought most of my expensive bike collection from money that I earned while working. But I got several bmx bikes from unemployment and SSDI. I have a $35,000 collection of bikes.

when my friend or a makeup salon does my makeup and hair and I take photos and post them on a dating site as a CD I get like 8 -10 request from women(GG's) a week to date them.

most women I have met want to only see you dressed as a women and do not like to see the guy mode.

I even met a girl who would not see me unless" I was committed to the lifestyle" as she puts it. meaning I had to dress 100% of the time.

Kelly DeWinter
04-19-2013, 06:41 PM
Wait until they are worth 8 cents a piece and sell them individually up here in Canada. We got rid of the penny so at 8 cents they would be rounded up to a dime a piece.... that gives you a 25% more mark up :eek:

at 7 cents they would be rounded down to a nickel!!!! That would really put a damper on your retirement plans

Chantel you have solved all of my retirement issues ! I'll reinvest my retirement in penny candy and package them in packs of 8 and ship them to canada, wanna be my distributer ?

Princess Chantal
04-20-2013, 01:07 PM
Chantel you have solved all of my retirement issues ! I'll reinvest my retirement in penny candy and package them in packs of 8 and ship them to canada, wanna be my distributer ?

I don't know about that, it may be too risky and dangerous. Willy Wonka has quite an influence up here and I heard that they are a bunch of jaw breakers.

sometimes_miss
04-20-2013, 02:24 PM
See I get this argument from women all the time:

And what if she is overweight? Have you had many women beating down your door? If the woman is real, give her a try. In other words, do for her what you wish women would do for you - give them the benefit of the doubt.
and

Size makes no difference its the heart that means everything.

See, some of us run into this problem; we're sexually turned off by fat. I don't mean that I don't like them as people, I have friends, relatives and co-workers who are fat and I'm fine with them. But in my life I've dated two fat women and when the time came to have sex, I was so repulsed by the sight of it that i couldn't get it up. So o.k., you can look at it as if it's my fault, like I'm defective or something. But I'm never going to date a fat woman again, because at some point she's going to expect me to naturally 'get excited' about her, and it's simply never going to happen. If you can do it, fine, but not all of us can. Women believe that love is what causes sexual arousal, and if the guy doesn't get turned on by her, then he doesn't love her, and I will never subject a woman to that feeling again. So if you guys can have sex with fat women, please please go forward and do so, because for me, it's simply not possible. Or, well, sure, I can take drugs or alcohol and close my eyes and pretend she's someone else, but that's not the right thing to do either. Remember, we don't get to choose what turns us on, or turns us off. If we could, I'd choose to be turned on by ugly short fat women with bad hair, bad complexions and bad attitudes; I'd be having so much sex that i'd have to quit my job.

So, like Kate, I limit myself to women who I find sexually attractive. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. After all, women don't have any problem limiting themselves to guys they find attractive, so why should we? Just because we have physical preferences and they have height, financial and status preferences? Not everyone can be attractive to everyone else. Life simply doesn't work that way.

Kate, you might try match for a short term just to see what it's like. Me, I had bad experiences there; they have shills that send out fake messages to get people to pay for the right to answer them. I came across two types; one were fake messages, when I wrote back they said they never wrote to me, and the other were what they call 'winks', where the other person sends you a signal of interest so you can initiate conversation. Now, right at the top of my profile I state that I will not respond to winks. And yet, still they kept coming. When I paid up and wrote to the women who 'winked' I never got an answer. NEVER. So I don't pay for match any more.
Plenty of fish is a good free site. I think it's now owned by match (probably to eliminate the competition), but I'm not sure. I think you can still contact other members without paying, but by paying you get moved up in the search responses. I'm a premium member there because I supported what Marcus (POF's founder) was doing by creating a free dating site.

Kelly DeWinter
04-20-2013, 05:42 PM
I don't know about that, it may be too risky and dangerous. Willy Wonka has quite an influence up here and I heard that they are a bunch of jaw breakers.

LOL, Thats soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad it's good !