PDA

View Full Version : I've Learned and Grown Alot

Dana
12-13-2005, 07:32 PM
From this Forum!

Its been a Godsend.

I've read about the trials and tribulations of many here with their wives and SO's!

I've received validation that I am not the only man that wants, needs, and so much desires to experience and express my femmininity!

I've learned that THAT is not such a bad thing! Such a horrendous thing! The World didn't come to an end! By virtue of being a cross dresser I didn't cause the end of the Human Race!

I've learned that Cross Dressers are good people, and Good People are Cross Dressers. They're good husbands, lovers, fathers, friends, people, ~ and yes Men!

I've learned to quit looking for the answers to the questions and the solutions to the problems ~ in the bottom of a whiskey bottle. And that's a very good thing!

I've learned to quit beating myself up! I've learned that there are pleanty of people outside of your front door just waiting to judge you, and be judgemental of you and beat you up with baseball bats ~ just to see the look on your face or to give themselves some feeling of superiority! Even if you're "NORMAL"

I've learned that Cross Dressers go to chruch, believe in God, have morals, values, ethics. I've learned that Cross Dressers come from every walk of life!
They are to be found in every social~economic level. They're high school drop outs and hold PhD's.

Even if they are high school drop outs, they still tend to be very intelligent people, well learned, even if self educated.

We have a lot of love to give, we're compassionate to a fault! We're giving, understanding, and yes even nuturing!

BeckyAnderson
12-13-2005, 07:55 PM
From this Forum!

Its been a Godsend.

I've read about the trials and tribulations of many here with their wives and SO's!

I've received validation that I am not the only man that wants, needs, and so much desires to experience and express my femmininity!

I've learned that THAT is not such a bad thing! Such a horrendous thing! The World didn't come to an end! By virtue of being a cross dresser I didn't cause the end of the Human Race!

I've learned that Cross Dressers are good people, and Good People are Cross Dressers. They're good husbands, lovers, fathers, friends, people, ~ and yes Men!

I've learned to quit looking for the answers to the questions and the solutions to the problems ~ in the bottom of a whiskey bottle. And that's a very good thing!

Hi Dana....I'm a new girl here but I am not new to crossdressing, I've been dressing for over fifty years. Your post touched me and I just had to say that it is so wonderful that you have been able to find the help you needed from this forum.

You were and are not alone in your feelings. I'm willing to bet everyone here has gone through the same thoughts and feelings throughout their lives, I know I have. The hardest thing for us to come to grips with is that there are no clear cut answers. Take comfort in the fact that there are so many of us in the same position and that your innate desire to dress is not wrong or illegal. You are right, the world will not end because we crossdress. We like other minorities are now making our place in the world.

Hugs,
Becky

Sophia Rearen
12-13-2005, 08:26 PM
Dana,
Very Nice.
This is a good place.

vanessaleigh
12-14-2005, 01:22 AM
I might say it differently but I couldn't improve on what you say here Dana! Thanks for saying it out loud!

cathy b
12-14-2005, 06:55 AM
very well put. :thumbsup:

TGMarla
12-14-2005, 08:40 AM
I agree. For the most part, we are a rather educated and moral bunch. Of course, there are exceptions to the rule, but I think when one gets to know the TG community, one would be surprised to find that we really are a decent lot.

And I, too, stopped beating myself up for this some time ago.

uknowhoo
12-14-2005, 09:33 AM
Thank you Dana for stating what we all feel. I cannot tell you how grateful I am for having found this place, and the positive changes it has fostered in me. Thank you all for your contributions. Humbly, Tammi

Michellemartyn
12-14-2005, 10:03 AM
Very well put Becky

I must add as I get older and do what I feel to be right for me despite what other poeple think or say its one of the best things that has happened to me and makes me feel complete

Michelle

Marla GG
12-14-2005, 11:02 AM
Dana,

I agree that what you wrote is very moving and so true. I have often paused to think about what it must have been like for previous generations who didn't have access to the support and validation that online communities like this one can offer. Even today, there are many in the world who lack the resources and education that would enable them to connect with others and learn that they are not alone. All of us here are truly fortunate.

By putting your experience of personal growth into words, you may very well have helped someone else on their own path of self-discovery. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. :hugs:

JoAnnDallas
12-14-2005, 01:54 PM
MarlaGG For many of us, we are that previous generation. When I grew up a computer was by Webster definition "A person that computes numbers".

The internet age has been a godsend for us older generation. As you pointed out it has allow us to connect with others that are like ourselves.

Until now, we mostly lived alone with our TG interest and some of us suffered because of it.

JoAnn

Wendy me
12-14-2005, 04:15 PM
see thats soooo what we are here for to learn and grow .... each one of us brings something here to shear with each outher .. buy being open and honest you grow i grow , we all grow... i have been on line with coumpters for just over a year and to tell you the truth i never thought in a thousand years that i would meet so many wonderfull people like i have here... you well know the thought if i had this 30 years ago then today i would ... what just keeps me thinking with the younger one comming up with places like this and outhers were are we going ?? i see nouthing but positive change comming...

Shannon
12-15-2005, 12:33 AM
Ditto to what Dana and the rest of you have said. It is quite fascinating to me that computing and the internet -- cold, lifeless strings of zeros and ones -- enable us to create a such a warm and life-affirming community, where we can share experiences, learn from each other and give to each other.

danielle d
12-15-2005, 12:42 AM
Dana
I Just Want To Say I Agree With Everyone Else And Let You Know We Are All Here Together To Help Each Other.
Danielle D

JocelynG
12-15-2005, 01:04 AM
Dana,
I'm glad you have come to a realization that you are not alone and that each of us are still unique and still have lives that difer from one sister to another. When the public comes to realize that we are not some kind of pervert,which may slowly be coming to pass, then we will be accepted for this part of our lives. I for one will always be here for you sis

Veronica E. Scott
12-15-2005, 08:10 AM
Thanks Dana for your words of wisdom and insight,we are all different and yet we are all the same.

MsEva
12-15-2005, 12:25 PM
Thank you Dana, your post was insightful and helpful. I just wish I was more comfortable with my need to dress. Catholic guilt stepping in, perhaps. But I think that I am a pretty worthwhile individual and I am working on my self acceptance. Luv Eva

Anita Mae GG
12-16-2005, 01:28 PM
it is def nice to have this site and other sites like it. It has helped me learn so much and see things through your eyes. I love my husband and this site has been a huge help to me in understanding he is the same person he has always been, just with more clothes
:cheeky:

Marla
12-16-2005, 03:24 PM
I can't remember when I didnt have a desire to dress up, and for all these years I had to hide it from the world. This forum has freed me to reveal my true self to others like myself. Just seeing my picture gives me goosebumps. Yes Im sure there are some bad crossdressers on here but the goodness and love of the vast majority of you has made my life so much better .

Tracy Lynn
12-16-2005, 05:49 PM
Hi Dana,

Nice post. This is a very supportive place and I learn something new everyday.

Sarahgurl371
12-17-2005, 07:22 PM
This forum has helped me tremendously. It has helped me to realize that I am OK, I am a good, decent, moral human being. I really needed that lately. I have felt so alone my entire life. I have heard all these scary things about internet chat rooms and forums, that it took alot of courage to join here. But it is surley a great place. Unbelievable how communicating with others like myself, has had such a huge impact on my self perception and acceptance. And in a world, or at least present situation like mine, the only thing I have is my own sense of self. Which was quite low just several months ago. I have tended to look for others for acceptance in order to grant myself acceptance. Well, needless to say, that ain't working out so well. But being here, with all of you, I have learned to look to myself for that acceptance and approval, while communicating with you all, and in turn we hopefully have helped each other with that approval / acceptance stuff. Its kinda contageous!

HaleyPink2000
12-18-2005, 05:17 AM
Dittoooo!
Oh and I'd like to Thank Tamara to in this! She did help me greatly with the GG group for my wife.
Haley:)

Adrianne
12-18-2005, 07:11 AM
Hello Dana, just like you this forum has help me too. Your poem was very moving.