PDA

View Full Version : OMG ! for the first time in my life im not looking foward to summer ! lol

Courtney . J
04-17-2013, 09:22 AM
well here comes the heat and im not looking foward to wearing flip flops or going bare footed, because then i will not be able to wear my pretty toe nail polish for a while :sad:,. you see i live in a area where im always outdoors and on the water ,. im either working , riding or racing on watercrafts and well , shoes and flip flops kinda go unused for about 6-8 months lol ,. which is great and all but now im having a extremely hard time juggling both sides of my life ,. anybody else feel this way ?

Alexis.j
04-17-2013, 10:49 AM
Hi Courtney,
My toe nails have been painted for probably the last 5-8years, I don't recall having them "unpolished" for more than a day or two in all those years.
And I was polishing them long before I developed my feminine side... If you wear gender neutral colors like grey, black, blue, green, etc, then its much easier to get away in "male" mode... just stay away from the reds and pinks.
Enjoy your polished nails, you won't regret it, I got virtually no negative comments in all the years of doing it. Now I wear any color I wish, including pinks and reds

Megan Thomas
04-17-2013, 10:51 AM
yes. I resolved it by buying myself a bikini ;)

Jorja
04-17-2013, 10:54 AM
There is always clear nail polish.

Michelle 51
04-17-2013, 10:57 AM
I stay away from the painted nails in summer but keep my legs and arms shaved.Use to let it grow back in summer for wearing tank tops and shorts but now go year around with the clean look.No one cares or if they do they don't say anything.

I Am Paula
04-17-2013, 12:45 PM
My toes have been painted since about '79. Wearing sandals in guy mode, with red toes and never got more than a compliment. Nobody cares.

~Joanne~
04-17-2013, 12:49 PM
I just hate the heat in general. Fall is the best time of the year, not too hot, not too cold. I can wear whatever. During the summer (no A/C) I have to limit my dressing because of it. I hate the summer but at the same time I can at least get a nice tan :)

Beverley Sims
04-17-2013, 01:47 PM
It must be tough being out on the water in the sun enjoying yourself.
Or is it the decision of which mode you wish to present makes it difficult.

Oh! the decisions we have to make.
In winter we can just freeze to death.

Barbra P
04-17-2013, 01:48 PM
I live in So. California and flip-flops and sandals are worn year-round My toes have been polished for two years come Father’s Day and I haven’t worn men’s shoes more than a half-dozen time in that period of time. My toenails are currently pink. Essie calls it a poppy-pink, but I have also worn red and a dark mahogany, and I have only received a few comments, but a lot of smiles from women. For the most part nobody seems to care. Monday I had a Doctor’s appointment, time for my yearly foot check due to diabetes, and my Doctor complimented my nail color (she knows I dress); her nurse smiled but did not comment – I was wearing sandals so my nails were in full view of everyone in the waiting room.

kimdl93
04-17-2013, 03:26 PM
I just go with the painted nails. It all depends on your status (closeted or not) and who is likely to see your toes. My biggest problem with summer is that it gets a bit warm to wear a shaper here in Houston.

Jorja
04-17-2013, 06:38 PM
My biggest problem with summer is that it gets a bit warm to wear a shaper here in Houston.

You are supposed to shape that during the winter months! :)

Lynn Marie
04-17-2013, 07:10 PM
Fortunately where I live there are only a few weeks of summer that can be called hot at all. Maybe in the 80's. That's just fine with me because I love my stockings and heels and I'm not going out without them. Onother nice thing is that I get to wear all those light frilly dresses and skirts and tops that are just too light for winter. Sometimes I think about living in another part of the country. Then I come back to my senses!

Barbara Maria
04-18-2013, 02:59 AM
Hi Courtney.Yes,I have the same dilemma.Next month we start touring with my band,which is good,but it also means 3 weeks of solid drab.Even my toenails,because when not on the bus I have to share a hotel room.I love my job,but at the same time I dread not being able to dress for so long.As for summer,it gets terribly hot here,but we're touring through most of it anyway.

clare29
04-18-2013, 03:30 AM
You could always move to the UK we don't really have much of a summer just couple of sunny days lol.
I tend to wear either clear or a colour that doesn't really show, do any of you wear women's flip flops ?

Courtney . J
04-18-2013, 12:55 PM
Hi Courtney.Yes,I have the same dilemma.Next month we start touring with my band,which is good,but it also means 3 weeks of solid drab.Even my toenails,because when not on the bus I have to share a hotel room.I love my job,but at the same time I dread not being able to dress for so long.As for summer,it gets terribly hot here,but we're touring through most of it anyway.
lol :o ,. you must know exactly what i feel like , seeing as we both live in the same city :eek:,.lol :) ,..what kind of music do yall play ? im a guitarist myself :devil:,. lol

It must be tough being out on the water in the sun enjoying yourself.
Or is it the decision of which mode you wish to present makes it difficult.

Oh! the decisions we have to make.
In winter we can just freeze to death.

its 100% the decision of which mode i chose to present as ,. ive learned alot about myself recently and am trying to transition into a androgynous figure ,..i can no longer lie to myself and feel its time to figure out how i want to live the rest of my life ,.. only problem is , 99% of the people in my life have no clue about this side of me..i love the life ive lived for the past 24yrs and truely enjoy the male side of me ,. but at the same time the love for my female side is just growing stronger and stronger and there is no doubt it is part of me

but im still nervous about completly destroying my life if i let too much slip out while im out in the real world ,.. hmm or i could just always go by the quote ive read on here,. ''ive come to the conclusion its none of my buisness what other people think about me ''.... lol

thanks for the advice girls :hugs:

CJ

Loni
04-18-2013, 04:09 PM
i was just out front washing the bike. (yes in flip-flops) and no polish on the toes today, i let the nail breath couple times a month, between colors that is.
and i only have girl clothing to put on. dumped all the guy stuff in the trash.
changed a front tire on the bike then gave it a bath.
no wig, getting too hot for that. but had my size 12 skinnys on. should have worn the shorts.

but now off to burn in a new tire.

sad but how can one put on a helmet and keep their makeup from getting all mushed up? forget the wig.