PDA

View Full Version : Funny thing at the grocery

Tracii G
04-17-2013, 07:28 PM
I was behind to black ladies in the check out say mid 40's.
The had just come from the work out place next door.
One of the ladies was saying no pain no gain and I said work out talk gets me tired LOL she laughed and said you don't need to work out hunny I do!
I was in semi boy mode BTW.
We chatted for a min then she looked down at my sandals.
She said your toenails are so pretty I love that color red what number is that I sure need some red in that color.I told her Revlon 900 Alluring red.
Her friend said Oh my gosh I love that color Girl we need to go to CVS when we get done here.
I said a guy can have pretty toes can't he? They both agreed as did the cashier one of my fave cashiers she is about my age and has seen me in both modes.
Ruth the cashier said ladies look at his fingernails aren't they nice too?
One lady looked and said Oh Damn!! Honey you are rockin' those french tips too.
I told the ladies thank you for such nice compliments from some lovely ladies.
They said its nice to see a guy that has nice nails you got my vote baby!!
The other lady said you are adorable for real I'm going to paint my mans toes tonight in his sleep LOL
The young boy bagging groceries had his mouth wide open wondering what just happened, the one lady told him and this was soo cute she told him close your mouth honey a fly might land in there and walked away.
Ruth and I got a nice laugh and the boy just walked away like he was looking for his lost puppy.

nhlighthouse
04-17-2013, 07:34 PM
The bagger may be a future Crossdresser!
Good for You!

Tracii G
04-17-2013, 07:42 PM
Ruth's nephew( FtM) is part of my trans group.
She is such a sweet lady and understands all that TG people go thru.

Cheryl Ann Owens
04-17-2013, 07:44 PM
I must add the word "PRICELESS" to this thread! LOL!

Cheryl Ann

Tracii G
04-17-2013, 07:47 PM
Be proud and own the situation IMO.
Quirky things like this are soo much fun when they happen.

Stevie
04-17-2013, 08:13 PM
Thank you Tracy I really enjoy reading your posts. That was priceless

Brynna M
04-17-2013, 08:34 PM
:I wish I had your attitude. Bust I agree with Stevie your stories are always good for a smile. :)

Cheryl H
04-17-2013, 08:50 PM
I just joined but I have to mention a very similar experience I had a few years back. I was spending the weekend in fem with the local Tri Ess group. After a night out, dinner and a bit of partying, I felt something just wasn't right under my top. I checked and my bra had ripped away from the under wire and my right breast form was falling out. I don't know how it happened but with no options and needing a bra fast and at 11pm, I found a 24 hour Walmart and quickly ran in. I spent little time browsing and found what I figured would work and went to the check out. Keep in mind I was wearing 4 inch heels as well. Black pants, zebra striped top and very long red wig.

When it was my turn to check out, the cashier just smiled and took my money, but there were two black girls in their early 20's behind me and I could hear them chatting and making comments. Then one said to the other "Girl they always look better than us they work at it more." So I realized I had just gotten a great compliment, I may not have passed, but I still looked good to them. I looked over and just winked, then the one who complimented me said, "Girl I have to give you some props. You look GOOOOD!" Well that was reassuring. Then we had a great little conversation about the usual m2f crossdressing stuff with all the usual questions, while the other girl checked out. After a few minutes, she said she could talk to me all night. I said I could go for a cup of coffee at the IHOP in the parking lot. We all walked over and after changing into the new bra in the IHOP restroom we had about a 2 hour chat over coffee and a late breakfast, and I made two new friends.

I Am Paula
04-17-2013, 10:09 PM
Awhile back, I used to mix up boy and girl clothing, paint my nails, or wear makeup in guy mode. Sometimes even wear boobs in guy mode. I never got anything but compliments, and a few 'I'm going to get my husband to do that'.

Nicole Erin
04-17-2013, 10:19 PM
Make no mistake - black women are the most accepting group there is. I work with a lot of them and I am around them every day and it is almost a shock when I get a bad reaction from one.
I asked a black female friend about that and she said, "Cause almost all of us have someone who is (GLBT) in our family..."
Besides, if any group knows what it is like to be judged or seen as "less than", it is the black woman. Therefore, very few of them pass judgement on others.

Though I am glad for you, I am not at all surprised by your good experience.

Tracii G
04-17-2013, 10:47 PM
I love and accept everybody a friendly person is a friendly person IMO.
We are all human beings and should be treated with respect and kindness.That is one rule I will always follow.
The only reason I stated race was to convey the perspective of the people involved.
The two ladies were just open, lovely gracious women with a great sense of humor can't ask for more than that can we?

Beverley Sims
04-18-2013, 01:14 AM
The poor boy, scarred for life.
He will be cured if he takes up Facebook and YouTube.

Alexis.j
04-18-2013, 02:00 AM
Times like that sure make you feel great. Very happy for you Tracii

Wildaboutheels
04-18-2013, 02:16 AM
So it's not just a Florida thing? Black ladies. I've had plenty of compliments from white ladies but Black women are FAR more likely to give them. Plus they are far more likely to ask for opinions in the shoe aisle.

I wonder what might account for that?

Nicole Erin
04-18-2013, 06:16 AM
The poor boy, scarred for life.
He will be cured if he takes up Facebook and YouTube.

The poor kid got "pwn3d" at work.

Jennifer Marie P.
04-18-2013, 06:28 AM
Thats so great to hear.

Ms. Laura
04-18-2013, 07:59 AM
That HAD to leave you laughing and feeling good!

Tracii G
04-18-2013, 10:28 AM
Incidents like this that just happen spur of the moment are the most fun,I just roll with it and have a good time.
No reason not to make the best of an opportunity to show your good side.
Out enfemme I'm the same way no reason to hide who you are.If you do hide how are you ever going to gain acceptance?
I'm not 24/7 yet but I'm out and proud.
This forum has given me the courage to do it so thanks ladies I love you for all you have done for me.
Karren Hutton especially it was her attitude and moxie that made me say I can do this.
Also Victoria Williams for teaching me style,grace and to always be a lady first.Her pride is amazing.