PDA

View Full Version : Simple things women just know, the we have to learn...

Deedee Skyblue
04-18-2013, 06:56 AM
Don't carry heavy things up and down stairs while wearing a really long skirt...

Any others?

Deedee :doh:

Ellanore G.G.
04-18-2013, 07:20 AM
lol we dont know everything.
When getting married, I didnt know to lift up the front of my layered dress.:eek:
I near broke my neck coming down the stairs to meet my dad.
I have never worn a full layered dress before, and common sense prevailed.:)

And at the ripe ole age of 48. I still have not mastered the art of walking in heels without looking bow legged.
Yet My Husband can seem to glide along...:doh:

MysticLady
04-18-2013, 08:07 AM
Applying makeup on the run. The other day I saw a woman driving,using a cell phone and putting on her make up. How do they do it?:eek:

suzy1
04-18-2013, 08:28 AM
Don’t do anything with your hands like fixing the car or working on motorbikes because you will brake a nicely manicured nail! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Stevie
04-18-2013, 08:46 AM
Keep everything practical and simple. Like shoes for example most are slip on and off little bending.

Melissa Rose
04-18-2013, 09:34 AM
It is not that women already know all of these simple things (i.e., it is not encoded in their DNA), but have learned them through many years of life experience starting in childhood. The same can be said about men. Many late starting cross dressers are like 11-12 year old girls who are in the early stages of learning more about fashion, makeup, hair, deportment, etc.. Mistakes are made and lessons are learned along the way. I have made my share of mistakes - way too many to list.

Beverley Sims
04-18-2013, 09:41 AM
Don't wear short skirts when climbing a ladder.

Be wary if standing on the glass floor of the CNN Tower in Toronto.
There may be someone down there with binoculars and a telephoto lens. :)

Stephanie47
04-18-2013, 09:44 AM
When en femme wear an apron when doing the laundry if you're using chlorine bleach.

Annette Todd
04-18-2013, 09:44 AM
Applying makeup on the run. The other day I saw a woman driving,using a cell phone and putting on her make up. How do they do it?:eek:

That is a skill that should not have been learned in the first place! Distractions like that while driving are plain stupid. That behavior is more indicative of lack of planning than skill. I hope no one here talks or texts while driving. I have seen many awful crashes happen due to distracted driving. There is no such thing as an accident. If you can't wait to use your phone, you don't belong behind the controls of a car. Commercial drivers can be fined 2600 dollars for not using a hands free device or texting while driving. I think stiff fines like that also need to be applied to the general population. That, and the appalling lack of sense most drivers exhibit.

Drive safely and use your eyes and brain when you get behind the wheel. Driving is all you should be concentrating on...

Annette

Diana Bain
04-18-2013, 10:01 AM
Crossing legs at the knee...still a tough one for me.

Tracii G
04-18-2013, 10:11 AM
The art of getting out of an SUV in a mini skirt and looking good doing it.
I failed at that the other day LOL.

I Am Paula
04-18-2013, 11:22 AM
Or a sports car. I end up flashing everybody.

Cheryl H
04-18-2013, 11:23 AM
When going out in stilettos always keep a pair of flats in the car.

When getting out of a SUV or sports car, the trick is to hold your purse in your lap when you swing your leg out.

DawnD
04-18-2013, 11:35 AM
The hardest thing I've ever had to learn was how to walk down the stairs in heels. I look like an epileptic having a seizure!

Lisa Gerrie
04-18-2013, 11:42 AM
How to ask for directions.

Marleena
04-18-2013, 11:44 AM
Always sit down while using the women's washrooms. It's bathroom etiquette.

Greenie
04-18-2013, 12:00 PM
Seeing as how I am about 5'1... Getting out of most SUV's is a problem for me regardless of what I am wearing. Lol. I have "fallen" out of a suv too many times. Lol. So if you feel better, some of us GG's don't even do that right.

Persephone
04-18-2013, 12:20 PM
Every move (click here, includes audio) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbQqnJw7xL0)

Hugs,
Persephone.

MysticLady
04-18-2013, 12:54 PM
That is a skill that should not have been learned in the first place! Distractions like that while driving are plain stupid. That behavior is more indicative of lack of planning than skill. I hope no one here talks or texts while driving. I have seen many awful crashes happen due to distracted driving. There is no such thing as an accident. If you can't wait to use your phone, you don't belong behind the controls of a car. Commercial drivers can be fined 2600 dollars for not using a hands free device or texting while driving. I think stiff fines like that also need to be applied to the general population. That, and the appalling lack of sense most drivers exhibit.

Drive safely and use your eyes and brain when you get behind the wheel. Driving is all you should be concentrating on...

Annette

Hi Annette

I must ask..........are you a police officer or a state trooper of some sort. I completly agree with you on your post 100%.

outhiking
04-18-2013, 01:21 PM
I've noticed when at church or at a band or choir concert, women can sit still. Many guys seem to be fidgeting and jiggling knees, but the ladies are usually very still. Also, women seem to try to take up as little space as possible when sitting on a bench or couch where as guys like to spread out.

Jenniferathome
04-18-2013, 01:29 PM
Women LEARN everyting, just like a cross dresser, but they have more time with it so it seems like they "know"

stephNE
04-18-2013, 01:30 PM
Yes, all those things are very hard to learn. When my wife and I are out, we usually eat in a restaurant. I often find that when I get up, I tend to swing one leg out first, and have observed that women usually swing out both legs together. When I forget, my wife points it out, and will ask "Are you trying to tell everyone you're open for business?"

Annette Todd
04-18-2013, 01:52 PM
I drive a truck and I am cut off and endangered by aggressive drivers every day.

Annette

Persephone
04-18-2013, 02:41 PM
I've noticed when at church or at a band or choir concert, women can sit still. Many guys seem to be fidgeting and jiggling knees, but the ladies are usually very still.

Definitely! And try as I may, I can never get that one.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Courtneigh
04-18-2013, 02:46 PM
Woman are awesome and stunning creatures and I just love and
Adore them.

Loni
04-18-2013, 04:30 PM
just remember when getting into a car.

sit down with both legs together and spin into the car.

reverse to get out

spin both legs out together then stand up.

tall trucks make the man put out a step stool for you.

and he should offer you his hand for support.

keep the knees together at all times.

having no prostrate helps a lot here.

suchacutie
04-18-2013, 05:15 PM
The list has no end. When we first found Tina, my wife explained that Tina had to (in an accelerated fashion) live through growing up as a girl to experience and learn the vast array of things that girls learn and guys don't!

That's years worth of information and experience! Just think of all the words related to fashion that we, as guys, don't know!!!

And the rest of the 14 years of experience!!!

My wife is putting Tina through her paces! We are just past adolescence!

JoanneCDSydney
04-18-2013, 05:16 PM
just knowing how to apply make-up to ones self has me...
so love heels... I need truing.. how do girls just do this?
matching the right outfit to the occasion
matching the right colours to the out fit!

OMG.. so much to learn..
am enjoying it ...

go girls

Angela Campbell
04-18-2013, 05:18 PM
Be careful what you eat before going out dressed up. Gas and pantyhose is a bad combination...seriously you could blow out a toe and ruin some nice shoes.

Eryn
04-18-2013, 06:40 PM
Many late starting cross dressers are like 11-12 girls who are in the early stages of learning more about fashion, makeup, hair, deportment, etc....

Very true! We face a steep learning curve. Luckily, we usually have a larger budget and we don't have parents worrying about us wearing makeup at an early age.

One thing I found difficult to learn was how to use shoulder bags and handbags gracefully. Wearing them, putting stuff in and taking stuff out of them, takes techniques that males don't learn. It wasn't until I started carrying a bag in male mode that I got a handle on the nuances.

Persephone
04-18-2013, 06:48 PM
Be careful what you eat before going out dressed up. Gas and pantyhose is a bad combination...seriously you could blow out a toe and ruin some nice shoes.

Joan Rivers once said, "My pantyhose are so tight that when I fart my ankles swell up."

Hugs,
Persephone.

Georgina
04-18-2013, 07:08 PM
Girls have to learn it all as well. If you have watched a mother raise a daughter you will see that to be true. What they are not taught they copy. If a young boy was taught the same as girls, there is no reason to think he wouldn't have the same skills.

AnnaBMarie
04-18-2013, 07:11 PM
Do not wear a jacket with Velcro fasteners while wearing nylons. I bent over to pick up something and two tabs locked onto my legs.

brenne
04-18-2013, 07:28 PM
Don't wear short skirts when climbing a ladder.
Be careful going on a step-stool with long skirt (esp. with heels)

MysticLady
04-18-2013, 07:59 PM

.......................:heehee:. thats a good one, need hose with relief valves!:D

I drive a truck and I am cut off and endangered by aggressive drivers every day.

Annette

Now I understand your frustration. Don't you just hate those little mini cars just zoom in and out your lane.:Angry3: They just don't understand that you can't stop on a dime and you'll crush @ 30 of them within your braking distance.:eek:

Jilmac
04-18-2013, 09:44 PM
One thing I learned the hard way is never walk over a street grating wearing high heels.

Sara Jessica
04-20-2013, 09:51 AM
All-sequin strapless dresses are hazardous to your underarms! Learned this firsthand last night.

Chari
04-20-2013, 10:09 AM
Always keep your knees together when seated, and never forget your purse!

sometimes_miss
04-20-2013, 12:11 PM
Simple things women just know, the we have to learn...
...that women are always right. Just ask any one of them!

Womens' brains are wired differently. They can multitask way better than we can, but we are better at doing any one, single task. Evolution; women have to be able to watch the children, talk with other women, and do assorted other little tasks all at the same time.
We, on the other hand, have to kill 'lunch' before it eats us.
So those with the genes to construct a human with the needed capabilities were the ones who survived and passed on those skills. Hence, I can't answer the phone and type this at the same time without constant task switching every few seconds, while my sister for example can easily do both at the same time. Sure, with practice, guys can get better at it, but never really to the level that women are.

Eryn
04-20-2013, 02:49 PM
Oh, and a bit more about handbags...not only do they have to be handled gracefully, women have to be adaptable and be able to switch from one to another seamlessly. Today I'm starting out with my normal male shoulder bag, but later on Mimi and I are going out to a nice restaurant. I have to decide which of my dressier handbags will go with my dress, figure out what subset of the things I carry in my regular bag will fit into the evening bag, which additional items I will need for the evening, and organize them so I can find everything without digging too much.

It's like living part-time in a mansion and part-time in a series of different efficiency apartments but being expected to host fancy dinner parties in the apartments!

susan54
04-20-2013, 08:02 PM
When wearing a long elastic waisted skirt,check it isn't caught on anything before standing up quickly! And wear a petticoat to be on the safe side if out in public in such a skirt.

Asp
04-21-2013, 06:53 AM
I still haven't found out how people put on eyeliner without a mirror.

Claire Cook
04-21-2013, 07:45 AM
Women LEARN everyting, just like a cross dresser, but they have more time with it so it seems like they "know"

Don't we wish we had the time to learn that they had! I'll add one from my experience: always keep your car keys in your purse, so you won't drive off without it.

Michaela42
04-21-2013, 09:16 AM
Yes, all those things are very hard to learn. When my wife and I are out, we usually eat in a restaurant. I often find that when I get up, I tend to swing one leg out first, and have observed that women usually swing out both legs together. When I forget, my wife points it out, and will ask "Are you trying to tell everyone you're open for business?"

"snort"

/sorry, that just struck me as funny

Danielle8533
05-03-2013, 04:13 PM

Also, make sure you are not showing anything you don't want to show after you stand up either!

Eryn
05-03-2013, 06:03 PM
^^^^

That applies to cars too. Sit with both legs outside of car, then swing knees in. Getting out, swing both knees together and touch both feet to the ground at the same time with knees togetherl