PDA

View Full Version : Out and more out with non-CD friends

Miriam-J
04-18-2013, 08:10 PM
With my wife's encouragement, I recently opened up to our best friends about my CDing. We had previously established that they were very open to various lifestyles, so there was little risk, but I was still quite nervous. Prior to that I had only shared this side of me with my wife and our CD support group in Indianapolis (IXE). It went quite well, and they immediately indicated that they wanted to see 'Miriam' for themselves.

We spend most Friday evenings together, so last Friday we just changed the mix a bit. I got fully dressed and made up in my feminine presentation, and we drove to their home. They said they were surprised by my appearance, but only because they hadn't expected me to look as good as I did. They used words like 'lovely', which made me feel great.

We went to one of their favorite places for dinner, and then visited their son's family, including a new baby, who lived next door. They knew nothing about me, and I was simply introduced as Miriam. Even in this cozy setting I felt quite welcome.

We then returned to their home and had a wonderful time as usual. The whole evening featured a mix of talk about normal topics and my CDing. It all felt so normal that I sometimes forgot how I was dressed. Through it all I felt so comfortable just being me, a guy in femme appearance with certain feminine influences.

While I now have a wonderful pair of people with whom I can share this side, what's even more important is that my wife now has people she knows and respects with whom she can share and discuss this craziness. I look forward to this enhancement to our our relationship in coming months.

Miriam

NikiMichelle
04-18-2013, 08:29 PM
What a great story...I wish I could do the same but I have not got the courage...I keep thinking about "once the toothpaste is out of the tube you can't put it back" and the consequences that brings...it is just sad we cannot just be who we are without the fear of losing the good things we haven in our day to day lives...

Barbara Maria
04-19-2013, 01:29 AM
What a great story...I wish I could do the same but I have not got the courage...I keep thinking about "once the toothpaste is out of the tube you can't put it back" and the consequences that brings...it is just sad we cannot just be who we are without the fear of losing the good things we haven in our day to day lives...
That's exactly my situation.Couldn't have said it better.I would LOVE to be able to socialize with friends as Barbara,but in my case I can't even tell my best friends.Sure wish I could.

BlairP
04-19-2013, 01:55 AM
That is so cool. Good for you.

Tracii G
04-19-2013, 02:22 AM
I'm happy you had such a great time.

Beverley Sims
04-19-2013, 12:57 PM
Miriam, it is all very well having acceptance from others, but do not overwhelm them with it.
They have other interests as well and a little bit at a time is plenty.

kimdl93
04-19-2013, 01:25 PM
That's wonderful in every possible way! Good for all of you!

Miriam-J
04-20-2013, 08:18 PM
Miriam, it is all very well having acceptance from others, but do not overwhelm them with it.
They have other interests as well and a little bit at a time is plenty.

Sorry for the slow response. Major airline problems! Anyway ... yes, this is a big issue and was a major concern that we discussed at length. My crossdressing is a minor feature relative to the other aspects of our friendship, and I wanted to keep it that way. I think we've struck a reasonable balance.

Miriam