PDA

View Full Version : L.A. Support group for Crossdressers

BlairP
04-19-2013, 01:59 AM
Thanks to my therapist i recently came out of the closet. I love my newfound pride. Does anybody know of a good support group here in Los Angeles? I would love to make some CD friends :)

Debbi
04-19-2013, 03:45 PM
Hi Blair!

Never been to any support groups, but the support, comradery and encouragement in the TG/CD community is 2nd to none that I've ever experienced. There are great places and ongoing events almost any night of the week, which, in my opinion, is the best support you can get. I know a lot of the Orange County girls on here make a monthly outing for dinner and dancing in Long Beach, (hamburger Mary's), there's a weekly roller skating meetup on Wednesdays in Glendale at Moonlight rollerway. Weekly Tgirl dance clubs in Van Nuys on Saturday and Thursday nights. A great Meetup group, that has different outings in Orange/LA counties like photo shoots, dinner/movie outings, ect.

I try to make it out to as many of these as I can. Not only does it support the TG/CD community in a positive way, but you make friends!! I've met so many amazing girls since getting out and going to all these great places. I've never been part of such a great accepting, encouraging, empowering, genuine, friendly, positive and plain FUN click of people ever! I've made some really special friendships that I treasure. You'll find that there is no better support and encouragement than being out doing what you like within this wonderful community all around us.

http://www.meetup.com/SoCal-T-girl-Fun-Events-Group/

http://www.transgender.fm/

hugs from your friend,

Debbi

BlairP
04-20-2013, 01:40 AM
Thank you Debbie! I look forward to attending on in the next couple of months and hopefully meeting you in person.

Debbi
04-20-2013, 02:07 AM
message me anytime Blair and let's get you out and about girl!! warning!!! going out is addictive!!!! ;)

BlairP
04-25-2013, 11:47 PM
Debbi,

I used to go out all of the time to places like Dragstrip 66, Illusions and the Queen Mary. Then I purged. Such a dummy. I threw out a dozen wigs, some of them very expensive...thousands of dollars in Mac makeup, 30 pairs of shoes and a full wardrobe. (I will never be ashamed again and feel like I wan to tell everybody). Anyway, all of those places are closed now.

Beverley Sims
04-26-2013, 05:57 AM
Blair,
It is a shame that you purged and now for a new experience and getting on with the rest of your life awaits you.
All the best.

Debbi
04-26-2013, 09:00 AM
I remember those places from back then. and there was also Encounters in Pasadena.(that was a great little place close to me). Queen Mary is open again, but it's called Serras now. I was there last night. It's girls night every Thursday. last week was my first time back there in probably 15 years. Still looks the same inside. looking forward to your return Girl!

Hugs,

Debbi