PDA

View Full Version : travelling abroad

Ciel
04-19-2013, 04:17 AM
Hi! For those in Europe and UK (or anyone else with experience flying to different places around the world...), I'm planning on travelling from the UK to Amsterdam within the next month... so any of you girls have problems with international travel? do you travel in femme (if your documents state "male" still)? any input would be greatly appreciated.

Stephanie-L
04-19-2013, 07:18 AM
I recently traveled from the USA to Mexico (for FFS) and the only problem I had was as I was going through security to board my outbound flight. I was using my passport with my male name and an older photo as ID, the security officer looked twice, I told her that my look had changed since then, and that was it. I also had my new driver's license and my name change paperwork with me, as well as a letter from my surgeon on the return flight. I did not have to use them in either country...................Stephanie

Deborah_UK
04-19-2013, 10:53 AM
As long as your passport and ticket match then you should have no problems with Immigration at either end. (And I speak as someone who used to work on the UK border control). If presenting as female but still using your male ID - as long as you are identifiable from your photo then again you'll have no problem this end, Immigration Officers have seen it all before!

Ciel
04-19-2013, 06:09 PM
Thank you very much for that information! i'm less anxious with travelling as myself in UK airports now. ^_^

to stephanie: thanks for the input! it seems that as long as the face on the passport and other documentations are consistent, there's no problem... all my papers still say that i am male, but at least the photo on my passport was taken very recently! ^_^ (happy days!)
cheers ladies! :D

tori-e
04-25-2013, 07:38 PM
I few years ago I went through US Customs at YVR. Female appearance, Female name, Sex :"M" Officer says, "Have a nice day ma'am." :D

CharleneT
04-25-2013, 09:58 PM
When I went to Thailand for GRS etc, I had no problems at all. Prior to that I had flown several times in the USA without issues either. The TSA here were quite polite and in Korea and then Thailand, they were totally fine/great - you really will feel like they do not know. I went thru two domestic and 1 international flight where they used back scatter Xrays... so they "knew", but they never treated me as anyone but a woman.