PDA

View Full Version : What other is as exhilarating as Dressing

MysticLady
04-19-2013, 08:59 AM
Hi All
Reading these threads it is obvious that our dressing experiences provide an exhilarating feeling for a great deal of us:). It provides us a pleasure that is almost a forbidden fruit but not quite since I believe it is a window to our inner being as well as to our hearts. My question is.......What other things do you do that provide the same feeling or better. Im thinking real hard myself and cant quite come up with anything in particular at the moment except the happy times spent with my family. What about you?

NikiMichelle
04-19-2013, 09:13 AM
Watching a beautiful sunset, skiing down the perfect ski run with fresh powder, preparing one of our favorite meals with my wife, walking along a path with my grandkids holding on to my hands with their tiny little hands asking hundreds of questions, vacationing with my adult daughters...

...there are so many things that describe "life" at its best...CDing should just be part of that; not the sole source of happiness!

Gretchen_To_Be
04-19-2013, 09:48 AM
When the Green Bay Packers are in the Playoffs

Norah_joy
04-19-2013, 10:01 AM
A beautiful day at the beach; a Pavarotti aria; the swish of the net when you hit a 15 foot jump shot. All enjoyable not quite the same as 3" heels!

il.dso
04-19-2013, 10:16 AM
Great question.
I've been crossdressing for over 40 years and the thrill, excitement, pleasure, fascination and relaxation are still incredible and hard to describe.

Sheila11
04-19-2013, 10:24 AM
Twisting a throttle. The immediacy of the power and torque. Being in the center of natures elements. Mastering the trail or the sweeping turn of the road. Then doing it again and again.

"Four wheels move the body, but two wheels move the soul."

Kate Simmons
04-19-2013, 10:35 AM
Projecting positive energy my friend. :)

lona
04-19-2013, 10:41 AM
A 9second run in 1.4 mile

Wildaboutheels
04-19-2013, 11:37 AM
The greeting I get from my SO every time I come home.

Laura912
04-19-2013, 12:04 PM
Perfect autorotation to full landing. And a lot of those things mentioned above.

Beverley Sims
04-19-2013, 12:28 PM
Skiing down some of those wonderful slopes in Switzerland, feeling free as a bird, flying through the air and then THUMP!

Down to earth again, back to dressing it's safer.

mikiSJ
04-19-2013, 12:56 PM
Sacramento, CA 1972: Making a 4th gear pass on Brad Lackey and going on to win the moto. (Brad Lackey won the 500cc Grand Prix Motocross World Championship in 1982)

Of course, after growing up, looking good in a dress was just as nice!

Lynn Marie
04-19-2013, 01:03 PM
For pure exhilaration, I'm thinking that leaving an aircraft in flight might qualify pretty well. It's always a rush. Dressing does get the blood flowing though. More of a transition than a rush.

AllieSF
04-19-2013, 01:57 PM
Standing on the lee side of a sail boat keeled over on the San Francisco Bay on a blustery day with the water rushing around my calves as I hang on for dear life and the pure thrill and adrenalin of it all.

Mickey_39
04-19-2013, 02:56 PM
Twisting a throttle. The immediacy of the power and torque. Being in the center of natures elements. Mastering the trail or the sweeping turn of the road. Then doing it again and again.

That's real close to how I relax. For exhilaration I do about 3 times the suggested corner speed while dragging my knee.

EmilyPith
04-19-2013, 03:19 PM
Finishing the last paint stroke, putting down the brush, stepping back, not seeing anything that still needs fixing, and realizing the piece is finished.

NurseSamGG
04-19-2013, 03:24 PM
When the Green Bay Packers are in the Playoffs

I am a GG and don't CD, but I just had to give Shibumi a big thumbs up with her reply! And 110% agree not much else could possibly be more thrilling!!! Cheeseheads stick together what can I say!

Xoxo...Sam

Annaliese
04-19-2013, 03:28 PM
Riding my horse on a winter day after fresh snow, seeing a fox or wild turkey or deer. come close.

suzy1
04-19-2013, 03:38 PM
I don’t think you can compare CDing with other pleasures as they all go to make up a happy and full life.

For me it’s everything from the joy I get from my family to that nice time when I crawl into bed at night with a good book to my love of motorcycle racing.

But having said that, my life would be incomplete without Suzy. So CDing is right there at the top.

JadeEmber
04-19-2013, 03:43 PM
Traveling someplace that's not the same as the place one originally came from.

Brynna M
04-19-2013, 04:02 PM
There is nothing quite the same as dressing. There are things that are equal but different in character. Being at the top of a long quiet hike with a beautiful view. Fighting a good martial arts match. They are all very different things bu they all have that sense of "this is a state that I is truely a part of me"

Cheryl Ann Owens
04-19-2013, 04:06 PM
The only thing I can think of that's better than the feel of dressing and being a woman is the karma I can receive and return for the love that my wife and genetic girlfriends give me with loving smiles upon their faces! It doesn't get any better! And I doubt it ever will unless I can fully transition. Then I can be in the girl club with them!!!!

Cheryl ann

Karren H
04-19-2013, 04:20 PM
Obviously you've never played ice hockey?

pantywaver
04-19-2013, 04:30 PM
Bass fishing on my favorite lake at sunrise.

CassandraSmith
04-19-2013, 06:22 PM
For me, playing guitar is equal. Also flying sailplanes is pretty mystical. Church has been amazing lately too.

Joni T
04-19-2013, 06:28 PM
[Obviously you've never played ice hockey?]
Actually Karen, I have. It's my 2nd favorite sport.
Now, back to the OP's question---I am a competitive rifle shooter (my #1 favorite sport) and getting a "possible" is a pretty exhilarating thrill too. Actually winning the match can't be beat.
Joni

Sometimes Steffi
04-19-2013, 07:42 PM
I like going to the Renaissance Faire.

Actually, I like going to the Renaissance Faire en femme.

Barbara Maria
04-20-2013, 12:08 AM
Listening to a newly finished record that I played on.It's quite a feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment.The best part is,I listen to it en femme!The best of both worlds.For me it doesn't get better than that.Barbara Maria

Sissy_Michelle
04-20-2013, 12:22 AM
Now that is something I believe I would try. /blush
I like going to the Renaissance Faire.

Actually, I like going to the Renaissance Faire en femme.

MysticLady
04-20-2013, 03:15 AM
I would say.............Bungee Jumping out of an airplane would be close to the dressing experience. I wonder its done or even allowed because of the obvious consequences.:thinking:
Nope, I'll stick with my dressing:heehee:

Mollyanne
04-20-2013, 05:47 AM
Being that you asked; Mine would be S H O P P I N G!!!!!!!

Molly

steftoday
04-20-2013, 06:57 AM
Obviously you've never played ice hockey?

Stopping Karren Hutton with the perfect glove save in the Shoot Out. :D

Pulling over on I-64 in the Shenandoah Valley on the overlook and taking in the vista.

Watching an injured Bald Eagle being released back into the wild and see her fly off to the trees on the river bank.

Hearing the peregrine's stoop, sounding like the tearing of fabric, as she closes with a green wing teal over the farm tank.

Standing in the sail of a nuclear submarine as it moves along the surface of the ocean and watching the dolphins swim alongside the bow.

Redlining 5th before you shift to 6th with the engine roaring in your ears.

Watching your kids move across the stage as they graduate; first from elementary school, then high school, and then college.

Stepping to the summit of Pike's Peak and looking down nearly 3 miles.

Flying over the Grand Canyon for the first time.

Watching the birth of your children.

There's so many wondrous and exhilarating things if you know where to look.

Erica Marie
04-20-2013, 07:12 AM
Sitting in a tree stand for 6 hrs then as the sun starts to set have a 12 point buck walk past. And no one knowing you have pink camo underneath your regular cloths.

Brenda Freeman
04-20-2013, 07:41 AM
I havn't found anything that tops when I truly have time to dress up and just enjoy the moment. Now if you add a beautiful sunset or gazing at a beautiful night with the skyline city lights and stars in the sky and or meeting a friend for dinner drinks and a girlfriend evening! That is over the top the ultimate! SO far for me. I am sure there are new Highs to enjoy and experience. And I hope to find them.

MysticLady
04-20-2013, 08:42 AM
meeting a friend for dinner drinks and a girlfriend evening! That is over the top the ultimate! SO far for me.

Brenda, that would be a dream come true for me. Spending a day with some girlfriends shopping and then in the evening having a couple of drinks and dancing the night away would be the ultimate. Im afraid I would need something to slow my heart down because it just may pop from the excitement:heehee:

Bree Wagner
04-20-2013, 09:21 AM
Summitting a peak that you've worked so hard to reach.

Dropping off that face (on skis) that you just told yourself was WAY to steep for you.

Sliding down the last 1/4 mile of a glacier on your butt. (Most fun 30 seconds of my life)

Playing Football / Watching Playoff Football.

Seeing my kids laugh or accomplish something new.

suchacutie
04-20-2013, 09:27 AM
1) That first moment that I look into my wife's eyes after being away from her (work, taking out the trash, anything that keeps me from her)

2) Anything else that involves my wife.

3) Listening to my daughter laugh.

4) I'm a violinist, so playing any number of pieces, really into it, completely transformed by the music.

5) Satisfaction of a research project that has just revealed its mysteries!

Tina is an exciting part of life, but Tina is not life.

Emjay
04-20-2013, 11:00 AM

Yes... that's it exactly.... :) The freedom of it all, that feeling of soaring, flying....... just...... freedom... :)

When I was playing regularly in bands. Being on stage, the lights, the energy, the crowd.... Tearing into that.......one......... favorite........ song on the setlist and hitting every chord, every note....... perfectly..... when everything sounds right, in tune, perfect harmony with the rest of the band..... is electric......

~Joanne~
04-20-2013, 11:38 AM
Finishing the last paint stroke, putting down the brush, stepping back, not seeing anything that still needs fixing, and realizing the piece is finished.

Is this painting a picture or putting on your makeup? ;)

I can't think of anything that gives me those feelings other than dressing. I live such a sheltered life :(

sometimes_miss
04-20-2013, 01:47 PM
I don't find crossdressing to be exhilarating. Riding a motorcycle quickly on a mountain road, scraping the pegs on the turns, now that's exhilarating.

Sallee
04-20-2013, 03:07 PM
It is interesting that CDing is such a thrill. I wish I knew why because in reality it is pretty boring. What it compares to for me skiing is there as is sailing and sex I suppose. The fact that wearing the cloths of the opposite gender is such a thrill is good I guess I still wonder why It is not the speed, or the beauty of nature May be that I am fooling some of the people some of the time :heehee:

EmilyPith
04-20-2013, 03:22 PM
Is this painting a picture or putting on your makeup? ;)

I can't think of anything that gives me those feelings other than dressing. I live such a sheltered life :(

Both. I love painting my face and the canvas.

I'm sure you've got something... but then again, if you're putting all your energy into dressing, you must be gorgeous!

Cassidy
04-20-2013, 03:58 PM
A track day riding either my Ducati and Kawasaki

MysticLady
04-20-2013, 05:13 PM
One thing that would take my breath away would be to ride an arabian at top speed without a saddle. My legs would be the ones grabbing the horse. Wow.....

Sometimes Steffi
04-20-2013, 05:20 PM
Now that is something I believe I would try. /blush

At the Renn Faire, there a a lot of people in costume, and both times I went, there were a few other crossdressers besides me.

Someday, I'd like to go as a lady pirate -- A man dressed as a woman dressing as a man.

Jenni Yumiko
04-20-2013, 06:04 PM
Exhilarating isn't the word I would use to describe dressing. Exhilarating is a hat trick, being the last man standing in PB, peg scaping your gsxr, bungee off royal gorge, your first solo jump etc...

Geena75
04-20-2013, 06:31 PM
When its exhilarating its like a nice buck coming out into view, but I have to freeze for 5 min not to spook him -- wow. Other times it just feels cozy like wrapping up warm on a cold winter's day with a good book and warm drink.

Geena

DeeInGeorgia
04-20-2013, 07:05 PM
You want exhilarating, try automobile road racing.

MysticLady
04-26-2013, 01:56 PM
Sitting in a tree stand for 6 hrs then as the sun starts to set have a 12 point buck walk past. And no one knowing you have pink camo underneath your regular cloths.

When its exhilarating its like a nice buck coming out into view, but I have to freeze for 5 min not to spook him -- wow. Other times it just feels cozy like wrapping up warm on a cold winter's day with a good book and warm drink.

Geena

Or out in the brush and walking up on a Javalina w/ her piggys and no weapon:eek:

Sabrina133
04-26-2013, 04:24 PM
I don't consider wearing a dress, cute heels and sexy lingerie exhilarating. I do consider exploring a ship wreck at 80 ft or the feel of the opening shock after free falling from 10,000 to 3,000 feet exciting. Just saying.

Acastina
04-26-2013, 06:14 PM
Good skiing is really the only thing that comes close, and it's much more a physical pleasure than one that is as emotionally based as it is grounded on physical sensations (e.g., the feel of clothes, smell of makeup, etc.). Lots of other things are fun, or amusing, or satisfying on some level, but this is the big one...

JamieTG
04-26-2013, 06:55 PM
A long bike ride on a sunny summer morning; going to a concert of one of my favorite bands.

Cheryl Ann Owens
04-26-2013, 07:22 PM
Ummm, hugging and kissing my wife who is totally 100% supportive buying things like makeup for me, showing me things in catalogs that would look good on me, our mutual hair stylist who treats us both as girls at the salon, and talking with my gal about the possibility of transitioning while we'd stay together!!!! Doesn't get any better!

Cheryl Ann

GothicEmily
04-26-2013, 07:39 PM
Wow, there are a lot of us who ride motorbikes here. I'm another. Some other risky sports have been mentioned in this thread as well. I wonder if there's some sort of connection between CDing and thrill-seeking behavior?

Ddannie
04-26-2013, 08:43 PM
Snorkeling in gentle water over a shallow reef. Enjoying the stunning visual perceptions while enjoying the physical pleasure of the gently rolling warm water.
Dannie

MysticLady
04-26-2013, 08:47 PM
I wonder if there's some sort of connection between CDing and thrill-seeking behavior?

Of Course there is........We're all Thrill Seekers and love living on the edge:heehee:

BLUE ORCHID
04-26-2013, 08:56 PM
Hi Mystic Lady, My two favorite hobbies are Rail Fanning & Railroad photography and crossdressing in no particular order.

Frédérique
04-27-2013, 07:26 AM
My question is.......What other things do you do that provide the same feeling or better. Im thinking real hard myself and cant quite come up with anything in particular at the moment except the happy times spent with my family. What about you?

I’ve been doing something very special, ever since I was a little boy, and I continue to do it as often as I can – can you guess what it is? I derive great pleasure from it, believe you me...
:clap:

BillieAnneJean
04-27-2013, 08:09 AM
Lifting the front wheel while accelerating out of a twistie.
Lifting all the wheels off the pavement when accelerating up the active.
Lifting the sails and feeling the boat get its feet.
Lifting myself up to stand on a pair of great heels.
Lifting her self imposed boundries by taking a new girl out in public for the first time.
Lifting the spirits of other CDers by providing needed friendship.

Aly Cat
04-27-2013, 09:48 AM
Id have to say sword fighting (Boken swords). Knowing that if you miss, youre gonna get whacked hard unless you can block it. It borders the same feeling of getting caught while dressing. If you screw up, pain will follow lol!

CynthiaD
04-27-2013, 03:55 PM
Solving a tough research problem after years of work, and realizing that you know something important that nobody else knows.

New Jen
04-27-2013, 05:31 PM
A brutal workout

High power rifle competition

RedBaron
04-27-2013, 06:59 PM
Flying a perfect hammerhead then pulling out from the downline at 8 g's. That gets the adrenaline going.

CarolynO
04-27-2013, 07:00 PM
Skiing down a black diamond trail with fresh powder and moguls on a cold sunny afternoon and motorcycling upstate NY,CT, MA,VT banking into curves on 2 lane routes with the great scenery(Long Island is just not as good).