PDA

View Full Version : Take the time for a makeover!!!!!!!!!

Nancie64
04-19-2013, 10:45 PM
As I read on here about all the girls who wish they could go and have a makeover but either don't take the time or are a little scared. Let me tell you, don't wait until it's to late. The 1st one I had was in 2004 or around there. I'm in my mid 60's and now and wish I would have done it a lot early. Now I try to do it spring and fall and whenever else I get the chance. Off to Vegas and the GB next week to have Amy turn this guy into his alias. Don't wait, Amy @ the GB is so great she will get you to relax and do her magic. Look in the mirror and move around Vegas for a while. Or go see Rory in Chicago, she also does a beatiful makeover. My next goal is to head for New Jersey in June to see what happens there. It's not that spendy and do it once, you will do it again. :o:battingeyelashes:

SheriM
04-20-2013, 09:07 AM
I have had one makeover and one where she just did my eyes. Both were wonderful experiences though they are expensive. $50.00 minimum purchase, which is not much for the hour that she works on you but it is a lot considering you wash it all off before bedtime. Hopefully, I learned a little bit about how to apply makeup. Still need another session on my eyes.
SheriM

joanne51
04-20-2013, 10:40 AM
I suggest you book a session at your nearest MAC store. Either a straight makeover, or a tutorial session where you get to do half yourself.
What you spend on the makeover you get back on whatever purchases you make (a bit pricey, but v.good quality).
I went for the tutorial and as well as learning a lot the artist drew a face chart with everything written down, including which brushes to use.
It was a wonderful experience, being made very welcome (I arrived when it was quiet, but it soon got busy - so I was a bit on show, but I just focused on the session and ignored the glances coming my way).
I cannot wait for my next one (I want the artist to go for the glamorous look this time).

~Joanne~
04-20-2013, 11:53 AM
I was going to go have a full session at ULTA before halloween but chickened out. If I couldn't do it then, I seriously don't think I could now. Halloween was the excuse, at this time all I could pull out of the hat is that I am a CD, not saying that shouldn't be the way to go, but it's hard when you still harbor quite a few fears and I think that is what keeps quite a few of us from doing anything like this.

AmyGaleRT
04-20-2013, 08:01 PM
I'm saving up for a proper MAC makeover still...probably during the next month or two, when it's easier to go out dressed. My fiancee doesn't quite understand it, though; she says, "You look fine! Why would you want that?" For all I know, I may have to spend the money to get her a makeover, so she understands...

- Amy

Beverley Sims
04-21-2013, 05:19 AM
Yes like everything else a makeover can be good therapy.