PDA

View Full Version : Essentials

Kate Simmons
04-20-2013, 07:58 AM
Many here use essential elements to look nice and project femininity. When you go all out what do you consider you need to project that image? Mine are the following:

panties
pantyhose
padded panty/briefer
bra w/forms
slip
dress/skirt/blouse
shoes/boots
makeup (shadow, liner, mascara,brow pencil, foundation, blush, lipstick, face powder)
nail polish
wig/hair
jewelery (necklace, earrings, bracelet, watch,rings)
handbag
fragrance

Once I have those basics, I'm good to go. What do you consider "essentials"?:)

Chari
04-20-2013, 08:23 AM
Depending on the event and season, your "basic list" is good, but I would also add a smile!

Jodi Anne
04-20-2013, 08:25 AM
Kate that's a good list, for me attitude is my first one on my list.

Ressie
04-20-2013, 08:50 AM
Wig, makeup and breast forms would be at the top of the list for me. Next I would add hose, shoes and a dress. Nail polish and jewelry after that.

Kate Simmons
04-20-2013, 09:03 AM
Wig, makeup and breast forms would be at the top of the list for me. Next I would add hose, shoes and a dress. Nail polish and jewelry after that.Thanks Dee. I forgot polish, I'll add that.:battingeyelashes::)

kimdl93
04-20-2013, 09:22 AM
Definitely add a corset or waist shaper to the essentials.

SheriM
04-20-2013, 09:32 AM
I don't often show cleavage, but still need to have some so a stick-on bra is essential. I don't think I saw foundation garments mentioned - my figure looks better when my waist is pulled in a little.

Lisa Gerrie
04-20-2013, 09:36 AM
Based on the feedback so far, and my own thoughts, I'd suggest changing

panties
pantyhose
padded panty/briefer
bra w/forms
slip

...to a generic...

panties
pantyhose
bra
shapewear and/or padding
slip

Stephanie47
04-20-2013, 10:53 AM
As an in home dresser if I am going to be en femme, it is a bra, panty, slip, hosiery (with a garter girdle or pantyhose), heels, dress and wig. Although I will shave my facial hair, I forgo the makeup. I just stay away from a mirror. A full length mirror works fine a displaying me from a distance. I do forgo fragrance since in a DADT, fragrance would in some sense violate the unspoken rules. If a wife comes home and smells fragrance I bet there would be some explaining to do. En femme husband or an elicit affair? Wouldn't that be a novel way of covering up an affair? "No honey, that was Stephanie! Not a female visitor!"

Julie Denier
04-20-2013, 11:01 AM
That pretty much covers it for me, except no slip, press-ons instead of nail polish, rarely fragrance and no purse (since I don't go out).

suchacutie
04-20-2013, 11:05 AM
I like the list but not pantihose. Some form of stocking is usually essential for me, unless the pantihose has a function, e.g. body shaping, tights, tucking assistance.

I also don't need the slip. It can be ok but not necessary.

Also, the padding is not necessary, but helpful depending upon the clothes being worn.

Otherwise, I think that list is just perfect for "things"

Lastly, I agree that the transformation process is one that changes attitude as well, changes perspective, and changes outlook. The nice part is that all those "things" we've been listing help in the transformation process of the mind as well as the body :).

~Joanne~
04-20-2013, 11:44 AM
I Think it's a pretty fair list of what I need minus the shape wear, add a purse, and like Julie, nails instead of polish (unless on my toes ;) ) . I have been out a total of 5 times to date and have had all those things at the time, except the time I got pulled over lol

Laura912
04-20-2013, 03:14 PM
A large hammer...for all the mirrors that lie.

Sometimes Steffi
04-20-2013, 05:29 PM
I guess the only things I change are deleting the slip and adding some form of shapewear top and/or bottom, depending on my outfit.

jaye_cd
04-20-2013, 09:36 PM
It doesn't matter if I'm going out fancy to dinner, blending at a movie, being trashy at certain clubs, or lounging around. The only thing that's essential to me is the confidence to own the look of the occasion and the courage to just get out there and have fun with my friends :)

sandra-leigh
04-20-2013, 10:25 PM
I'd been thinking of starting a related topic that fits within this one:

If you have only a short time to get ready to go out, what would you put on? Or conversely, how quickly could you get ready "enough" (for your comfort level) if there was reason to?

For me, I take my purse everywhere with me these days, so it sort of does not count. Likewise, the panties are permanent. If I only have a minute or so to get ready, I'll toss on lipstick -- but I carry lipstick in my purse so I can add that later if there is a brief moment. If I have 3 minutes, I'll toss on a basic denim skirt. If I have as much as 5 minutes, the hair gets brushed as well. I probably won't wear a dress unless I have 20 minutes at least to get ready (not that it takes long to put one on, but it takes time to figure out which one.)

So that makes my essentials "panties, purse, brush hair, denim skirt, lipstick", and my time "5 minutes if I need to"

juliew
04-20-2013, 10:34 PM
You folks make life way too complicated!

Angela Campbell
04-20-2013, 10:38 PM
A good list, but for me no pantyhose unless it is a bit cold. I would rather have bare legs.

Beverley Sims
04-21-2013, 04:47 AM
A s******...for all the mirrors that lie.

The trouble is I think mirrors are getting more intrusive these days.
I thought I looked good once.

noeleena
04-21-2013, 06:06 AM
Hi,

The how quick to be out the door, i like that , okay my head wear a scarve the one in my pic singlet , top one in the pic , a skirt that goes with my top. knickers ,sandles & yes i can be out the door down the road, & walking .with in ill give you 8 min's less when i need to, & iv done it ,

no hair or wig no makeup no jewerlly no perfume im not bothered, for this kid my makeup is if at all lippy & eyebrow linner,

A normal morning would include a wash get dressed breakfast feed our cat & dog , check for mail snale mail , do lippy & eyebrow liner do my headwear then do what ever after that, sometimes my friends pop in so if im up good if not they dont mind they know me well enough now so its pretty good ill just get up get my top & skirt on then meet them , if they like they can put the jug on if im not up . for a cupper, our dog will greet them first,

...noeleena...

Claire Cook
04-21-2013, 07:52 AM
Definitely earrings. My ears complain if those little holes aren't filled with something!

Stevie
04-21-2013, 08:42 AM
I try to stick with the basic items. Heels, boots, skirts, tops, and under garments. Would like to try make up but not brave enough yet. I have a lot of fears about it.

MichelleTea
04-21-2013, 08:28 PM
(My) very bare essentials for going out in public:

Wig - cannot pass for female with my boy hair
Makeup - cannot pass for female with my beard shadow
Female Top
Female Bottom
Female Shoes (usually high heels)
Purse - to hold things like keys and wallet

Secondary items like nails, jewelry, pantyhose, undergarments (which no one sees) are not considered top priority

SarahBJackson
04-21-2013, 09:49 PM
Wig, makeup, bra, feminine top, and high heels. If I wear a skirt, I'd add pantyhose too.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, finger nail polish and lots of bling! I wear three rings, a watch, a bracelet, and at least one chain.

CarleyR
04-23-2013, 12:05 AM
I agree 1/3 with suchacutie: I go for a garter belt and nylons over pantyhose. But I like the slip and shaper. The nylons and slip have a magic feel and the shaper or padding make those magic womanlt curves. Together, all these things, and all the things on Kate's list, help rouse those wonderful female feelings.

Eryn
04-23-2013, 12:49 AM
Kate that's a good list, for me attitude is my first one on my list.

I agree wholeheartedly! The most femme thing you can have is the attitude that you are female and nobody can change what you are!

Of course, to back that up I like to display femme cues like forms, hair, makeup, and nail polish. Everyone you encounter decides your gender by their first impressions and if those impressions are strongly feminine it takes quite a lot to make them doubt them.

Oh, and I like mirrors. I'm not the best-looking woman out there, but seeing how I am presenting gives me confidence that I'm doing things right.

Marcella Camira
04-23-2013, 06:30 AM
Crap. Now I gotta have a different list. The boy me don't have a list. LOL. Women are so complicated. LOL.