PDA

View Full Version : An unexpected question

Tiffanyselkoe
04-20-2013, 09:06 AM
Yesterday my wife asked me why, since I had so much Tiffany clothes in the closet, I didn't wear them more. She is used to me wearing a nightie at bedtime but I haven't worn much every day wear. When we go shopping and I see a dress or blouse I like, we sometimes buy it but then they sit in the closet. I hope to build up the courage to have a girl day out sometime. I have finally come to the realization that there is nothing wrong with me and see that my masculine and feminine traits make me a whole person.

Lacyfem
04-20-2013, 09:25 AM
You are truely a woman when you buy cloths, let them sit in the closet not wearing them with sales tags still on them. That can be a good thing.

franlee
04-20-2013, 09:27 AM
The same reason GG's hardly ever wear anything out, we have to have it but when we do we don't want to mess it up! My wife and I have this discussion regularly on both our part. We take such good care of our clothes they are like new when we either out grow them of they are out of style. I don't know of any exceptions.

bridget thronton
04-20-2013, 09:28 AM
Most GG's do not dress up and stay home (I too have some dresses I bought cuz I really like them but they seem too nice to wear around the house - so i tend to wear dresses and skirts that are machine washable and made out of sturdy fabrics both around the house and when i am out in the world)

Chari
04-20-2013, 09:31 AM
It is wonderful that your wife is accepting to your feminine side! Like most females, shopping is a big part of their life and your shopping habits are similar. Ask your wife if she is hinting that she would like Tiffany around and dressed more often, which IMO would perhaps "build up your courage to have a girl day out". No matter where you are comfortable on the gender scale - enjoy!

Stephanie47
04-20-2013, 10:22 AM
I don't think the primary reason for buying clothes and letting them hang in the closet unworn is "It's a girl trait." Maybe that would fall under the title of "Impulse Buying." If you wife is supportive, as it seems since she goes on shopping trips with you, then my question is whether or not you feel comfortable wearing feminine outwear around her.

Before my wife and I both discovered what the desire to wear feminine clothing was all about, I use to sometimes wear a nightie to bed. That was more about "bedroom" play. When my desires started to really surface towards bras and panties and slips, that brought out the real issue. So, for me, it is DADT.

Consciously or unconsciously, I would suspect you may be uncomfortable dressing totally en femme around her. If your wife is fully on board with your cross dressing, why don't you ask her if you and her could have an in home private evening of being en femme. Perhaps she may assist you in dressing. Girls seem to be totally at ease dressing together and giving each other tips. Then, prepare an evening meal together. Sip some wine together. If there is some underlying psychological barrier stopping you from appearing an a woman before your wife, maybe an evening like that would break it down.

As to wearing dresses, I don't wear any feminine outwear garments other than a dress with hosiery, slip, heels, etc. Sometimes a woman likes to dress up at home for her lover. You don't have to dress up pretty just when you go out.

suchacutie
04-20-2013, 10:45 AM
The question, "...why don't you wear them more..." sounds more like an invitation, or a question such as, "are you ok?". I think the question is an opening for a conversation and maybe an increased level of involvement or activity.

Time for a wonderful conversation?

~Joanne~
04-20-2013, 11:48 AM
I agree with suchacutie, It sounds as if your wife wanted you to dress for a bit. Maybe to see you dressed, she may think your stressing, or any number of reasons. Maybe you should have a full femme day soon and most certainly do a bit of talking:) I have a lot of clothes myself, seems they are slowly taking over the closet lol I don't always wear everything either so I don't think there is a problem there ;)

sometimes_miss
04-20-2013, 01:12 PM
The same reason GG's hardly ever wear anything out, we have to have it but when we do we don't want to mess it up! My wife and I have this discussion regularly on both our part. We take such good care of our clothes they are like new when we either out grow them of they are out of style. I don't know of any exceptions.

The women I've lived with usually have so many clothes that it's almost impossible for them to wear anything out. The stuff that gets discarded is either so poorly made that it comes apart and they don't want to fix it, it no longer fits, or it goes out of style.

deebra
04-20-2013, 01:41 PM
This is what your wife is saying and TELLING YOU, start dressing at home and wearing all those clothes you bought. She's fine with it or she wouldn't have said what she did, NOW the problem is YOU, she's accepted and is fine with you dressing in her presence so start dressing and wearing all those pretty clothes. It'll just take a little time and you'll be comfortable dressed in fem with her, so do it!!!

2B Natasha
04-20-2013, 01:54 PM
My wife sometimes ask me that same question. Or should I say used to. I looked at my life and when and where and how often I get out. Came to the conclusion that. While there are still things I just WANT because I want them. Mostly my closet is complete. So I don't buy as much any more on impulse. Not that I don't want to.

Stand disclaimer: my wife knows, accepts, encourages me and goes out with me when I want where I want. I do the same for her.

Cheryl Ann Owens
04-20-2013, 02:12 PM
Could we be somehow "afraid" and conditioned in a sense? You know, that feeling that goes way back in our lives of being caught when young, caught in public by someone we know, the first times we sought approval from a girlfriend and potentially a wife?

My wife often insists I get dressed.

I went to a salon the other day for a cut and brow waxing. Everyone was disappointed I didn't come dressed. Just a thought.....

Cheryl Ann

Rachel Morley
04-20-2013, 03:47 PM
As suchacutie and Joanne have mentioned, it could be that your wife wants you to dress more. For example, my wife has "pushed" me to dress more because she thinks that my dressing is good for me and that I should be doing it for my mental health and happiness. What I'm saying is that perhaps your wife thinks that you should "get some use" out of your clothes not just because clothes are for wearing, but that it would also "do you good" and make you happy which in turn will make her happy, because you're happy ... (if you get me?) :)

MissTee
04-20-2013, 09:47 PM
I agree with Rachel. My wife knows it's not healthy for me to go too long not dressed. She said if we don't let Misty out, then Mr Hyde will appear.

Beverley Sims
04-21-2013, 05:17 AM
If you are still in the closet and do not get out, there is little opportunity to wear some clothes.
When you start going out you will see the choice of clothes in your closet diminish.
So go out and have fun when the time comes.

Claire Cook
04-21-2013, 05:39 AM
I hope to build up the courage to have a girl day out sometime. I have finally come to the realization that there is nothing wrong with me and see that my masculine and feminine traits make me a whole person.

Hi Tiffany,

Your self-acceptance (not to mention your wife's support!) is a big step. I know when I reached that point (a game-changer for me) I took a whole new view about what was in the closet. Some of the stuff I'd bought that I wouldn't wear in public (with some exceptions, of course...) has gone to Good Will, and more and more when I'm shopping I'm thinking "Would that work for me when I'm Out and About?" After all, if I'm going to spend $$ on clothes, I might just as well wear them!

But that is this girl's opinion.