PDA

View Full Version : Where to start? (Crossdressing)

Lulu Pei
04-20-2013, 09:37 AM
Okay gals I have an important question to ask. Where do I start? I know I want to wear a dress but how do I start?

I should mention that I am kind of... umm... how do I put it... kind of heavy and maybe a bit large. I am in the process of slimming down but I can't wait. I'm so impatient! Lulu's birthday is 6 more months but I just can't shake the thought of crossdressing out of my head.

I know I can't wear a dress yet. I've tried my mom's(Shh...) but they are all too small. I am like bigger than her so that might be why. But the fabrics. OMG!!! I want to wear it like crazy. It's just so... heavenly. Totally different from guys clothes.

I would like to know is there anything else I can do while I wait for my body to naturally slim down? Something to keep me occupied for the while because I am going nuts.

That's all. Phew! Wow feels good getting that all out. :)

Chari
04-20-2013, 10:01 AM
Welcome here Lulu! We all started CDing at various points in our life, dressing with a variety of items. Also, it is great to hear you are "in the process of slimming down". What ever your size, consider that somewhere out there is a GG in a similar size! Before you start "dressing", if your family does not know about your need to "dress", and you don't want to tell them yet, you should have a safe place to hide all your feminine items! Be aware that you may get caught wearing a dress and that could be a big negative change in your life!

Tilly Vega
04-20-2013, 10:16 AM
As a bigger girl myself i can fully trust in the fact that theyre gg's way bigger than me. Just start looking around for plus size clothing,but to start maybe by customizing clothes you already have. Ive bought simple panties, sleep wear,boy shorts,girl tees,just so i can lay around get cozy as a girl. You should always start simple,just worry about basics hun :) When your comfortable take some pics :)

Barbara Ella
04-20-2013, 10:19 AM
Lulu, these feelings, and new ones that may develop over time can be so very hard to understand, and then act appropriately. As Chari said, do not act impetuously. Think things through before jumping. It is good you are slimming down, something we all wish we could do more easily. I don't know how extensive your dressing is right now, but start small, hose, a camisole, a pair of shoes you like. A dress is not complete without a great pair of shoes. A skirt is always an essential piece, and can look very nice regardless of your size. Be safe.

Barbara

AmandaCDFL
04-20-2013, 05:02 PM
You seem very set in your head that you want to wear a dress. Have you ever thought about a business like outfit with and skirt, nice blouse and heels. My be an option. Good luck.

Alberta_Pat
04-20-2013, 06:24 PM
Hi Lulu;

You may wish to start with a sarong style.

Being in Malaysia, I think it would be fairly easy for you to find what you need in this style.

Lulu Pei
04-20-2013, 09:10 PM
Thank you all for your suggestions and valuable input. I will consider each and every one of it.

@ Alberta : That is a great idea! Why haven't I thought of that before. Sarong is unisex so it should be easy to shop around without attracting too much attention. Thanks! :)

bicurman35
04-20-2013, 09:56 PM
Good luck! Keep us updated!

Lulu Pei
04-20-2013, 09:59 PM
Thanks! Will update when I can. :)

Barbara Maria
04-21-2013, 02:26 AM
It doesn't sound to me like you're going to be able to wait 6 months.I couldn't.When it came on I had to stop fighting it and do it immediately.In my case I'm glad I did.You'll be surprised how many nice,flattering clothes you can find in plus sizes.I get most of mine from Layne Bryant or Cathrines.

Lulu Pei
04-21-2013, 02:36 AM
Thanks for the input Barbara but the problem is it is very difficult to find plus sizes here in Kuching. The last time I went with my mom and sis shopping, all I can see are medium sized clothes. :( I feel so lost. But I will continue to search. Wish me luck. ;)

Beverley Sims
04-21-2013, 04:36 AM
Lulu,
Looking at the heading only......
I would suggest the bedroom out of the way of everyone else....
Being serious, have you tried draping yourself in a sari?
There are hundreds of shops that sell them.
I realise that with small sizes readily available there is little there for a larger person.
I know how frustrating this must be for you and I wish you well.

Vickie_CDTV
04-21-2013, 05:54 AM
From what I understand, the average GG is physically smaller than in the US, so you might have to buy clothing from the US (or maybe Australia.) There are sellers on eBay who sell plus sized clothes (dresses too) and ship internationally.

Christine.Lolita
04-21-2013, 07:20 AM
Not sure what your style is, but all my Lolita style dresses are tailor made. There are several vendors on e-bay who I have bought dresses from and their work has been very good.

Lulu Pei
04-21-2013, 07:40 AM
@ Beverley Simms : Hahaha okay. xD No, I have not tried a sari yet. It is indeed frustrating but I will try to not give.

@Vickie_CDTV : You are correct about GG's in Malaysia being physically smaller than in the US. Yes I will probably have to buy off the internet, but I try to keep that as a last resort. What with the exchange rates and the shipping cost, I don't think I can cover it unless I save up for a few months. Ahh.. sometimes I wished I lived in the USA. :P

@Christine.Lolita : I am currently interested in the Gothic Lolita Fashion and maybe Classic Lolita. Do the vendors that you buy from tailor for these styles as well?

Tina B.
04-21-2013, 09:42 AM
Lulu, there must be some larger women in a city that size, and they have to shop somewhere! Over here, the larger size clothes for women, will be in a spate area of the store, labeled plus size, There, it could be a separate store but there must be one somewhere around town. Find a larger woman, ask her where she shops, you can always say it's information for your mother or something like that, so they don't know it's for you. Good luck on your search, I know it won't be easy, but if it's something you really need, then you have to find away, it makes life much better, when you can dress.

Ressie
04-21-2013, 10:02 AM
You're living with your parents? Is that going to be a problem? I started with my mom's and sister's clothes - secretly of course. Sometimes a dress would be too small and start to tear at the seams when taking it off.

Do they have thrift shops in Malaysia? Check out a size conversion chart to get an idea of what size you should wear.

lithiaann
04-21-2013, 10:12 AM
lulu, the places i started was at wal-mart female clothing section.it's a little scary at first to go there and buy things for your self but it becomes fun... the only way you are going to open up is try and try again..good luck girl freind...

Lulu Pei
04-22-2013, 08:08 AM
@ Tina : Great suggestion! I will keep my eyes peeled for large women from now on. :heehee:

@ Dee : Yes I am currently living with my parents and yes it is a problem. But I have plans to move out in the near future. Oh I asked my mom and she told me that there is a Salvation Army thrift shop somewhere in Kuching. Yay, have to check it out once I have some free time. :)

@ lithiaann : Does that mean that I should just go to any hypermarket and head for the women's department? If so I have just the right place in mind. ;) Can you give me any suggestion on how to open up? Let's say for example a salesgirl asked me if I needed help. What do I do? Should I say that I am buying it for myself? Won't that be awkward? :eek: