PDA

View Full Version : Flying Pretty and wearing a corset

Michelle (Oz)
04-21-2013, 11:05 AM
Every month or so I have the opportunity of flying pretty (thanks Kim for the great term). I've become quite attached to my new steel boned corset and the look it gives so, swallows hard, let's give it a go.

Contacting airport security - yes it would set off the alarm. I would be given the choice of a pat down in the open or asking to go to a private room.

As it turned out, the security staff were not familiar with corsets and the supervisor became involved. We went to a private room and I showed them the corset. That was all they needed and nothing further was required.

All staff involved were female. They were polite and friendly. There was no sense of me being difficult. It was a learning experience for them (and me). All in all not a problem. It did help to be polite and confident. Just the price I was happy to pay for my choice and I'll return wearing the corset.

Oh and I read somewhere that the body swells while flying so I didn't tighten the corset quite as much. A good thing too.

Another tip too. I cross out my male name on my boarding pass and write "Michelle please". The great Qantas cabin crew are only too happy to oblige. Oh, I just love flying pretty.

Marcia Blue
04-21-2013, 11:18 AM
Michelle, you look great. Glad you were able to fly pretty. I really hope to someday.

Laura912
04-21-2013, 12:17 PM
That picture would make a nice avatar...

Persephone
04-21-2013, 01:29 PM
Michelle, you look lovely! And it sounds like you are having fun!

I don't think I would try that cross-out trick here in the U.S. Might try writing my femme name and "Please" on the pass though.

Hugs,
Persephone.

CynthiaD
04-21-2013, 01:56 PM
I just got patted down for the second time while wearing a bra. This time the full body scanner flagged the back-strap as suspicious. Weird!

Beverley Sims
04-21-2013, 02:19 PM
Have you obtained one of those non nondescript passports Australia are issuing now.

Julie Denier
04-21-2013, 03:32 PM
Good for you flying pretty! Love the pic -- you look terrific ;)

TeresaCD
04-22-2013, 03:47 AM
Way to go Michelle! Wouldn't have thought of security myself
- you are very brave, but then I guess that's the price for looking so good.

phlover
04-22-2013, 04:06 AM
Hi, Michelle, I appreciate you for your information on flying experience. I didn't know our bodies swell while flying. BTW, it's somewhat disappointing you didn't show your footwear in this picture. What did you wear for your feet? Snickers? Or sexy heels?

noeleena
04-22-2013, 04:21 AM
Hi.

Looking good , so when ya comeing over the ditch then, ill be overagain next year going to Hobart been to Malborne Syd & Bris as well.

Are you a T R member,

...noeleena...

Michelle (Oz)
04-22-2013, 07:15 AM
Thanks to all for your kind comments. I hope my experience will help you in the future.

Hi, Michelle, I appreciate you for your information on flying experience. I didn't know our bodies swell while flying. BTW, it's somewhat disappointing you didn't show your footwear in this picture. What did you wear for your feet? Snickers? Or sexy heels?

Sorry to disappoint phlover; full length below. I'd love to be able to wear heels but arthritis has me 'grounded' in flats. Heels are so feminine. I have been able to advance from athletic shoes to flats though. Ah, progress.

Hi.

Looking good , so when ya comeing over the ditch then, ill be overagain next year going to Hobart been to Malborne Syd & Bris as well.

Are you a T R member,

...noeleena...

Love to catch up. I just rejoined TR but not an active member. Tend to do my own thing.

BLUE ORCHID
04-22-2013, 07:29 AM
Hi Michelle, Your picture gives a whole new meaning to the term Flying Pretty.