PDA

View Full Version : deployed

rodybaby
04-22-2013, 11:46 AM
soo i am deployed again to afghanistan:(. Anybody got any tips to deal with wanting to dress and cant?

Sabrina133
04-22-2013, 12:00 PM
yes sweetie -- I know you don't want to hear this but DONT. Was in the Army for 5 years and military college for 4 before that. I didn't dress for the entire 4 years in college - believe me, its not that i didn't want to but i knew if i got caught, i'd be done. When i graduated, i was stationed at fort hood. I had the opportunity to take trips to Austin and Houston to indulge my desire and needs relatively safe from prying eyes. Both of those places were far enough away to feel relatively safe. In a place like Afghanistan or to any theater of operations for that matter know you are in such a closed environment, you are bound to get caught. Although DADT has been lifted - thank god - the military is still very much agaisnt CDers and TSs and hasn't solved the issue of TGs in the ranks. PM me if you want and we can talk a bit more. Meanwhile stay safe and dont trust anyone.

AllieSF
04-22-2013, 12:00 PM
Rody, Welcome top the Forum, if I missed your intro thread. Thank you so much for being there for the rest of us. And finally, please just pay attention, get through it all and try not to worry about what you cannot do. We want you home safe and sound so that later we can tell you how to live your live, apply makeup, buy the correct waist cincher, and all that other stuff that will make you whole and hopefully happy.

As a very, very old cartoon said and which is very wise recommendation for you, "It is hard to remember that your first priority was to drain the swamp when you are up to your ass in alligators!" Good luck and see you on the flip side.

LIKETODRESS2
04-22-2013, 12:27 PM
I think it would be kinda hard to be able to do it while over there. Just remember of all the great times that you have been able to dress. Stay safe over there we want you back home with family and friends

Stephanie47
04-22-2013, 12:36 PM
When you're deployed to a war zone your first priority and only priority is to get your ass and the asses of your buddies back alive and with minimal alterations. Forget or suppress the memories of cross dressing. Stay focused on your mission. Inattentive behavior may get you killed.

Frankly, when I was "over the pond," as we called going to Nam, I did not have cross dressing thought at all. You'll survive.

Persephone
04-22-2013, 12:39 PM
I have never been in your situation, so I have no tips to offer. But I did want to offer my deepest thanks for what you do for us every day.

It is the Soldier, not the minister
Who has given us freedom of religion.

It is the Soldier, not the reporter
Who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the Soldier, not the poet
Who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the Soldier, not the campus organizer
Who has given us freedom to protest.

It is the Soldier, not the lawyer
Who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the Soldier, not the politician
Who has given us the right to vote.

©Copyright 1970, 2005 by Charles M. Province

Our thoughts and our prayers will remain with you and your family.

Hugs,
Persephone

Barbra P
04-22-2013, 12:40 PM
I would think that staying alert and keeping your mind on what’s happening around you would be distraction enough to keep your mind off of dressing. Getting out of Afghanistan alive should be enough to fully occupy your mind. I served my time in the mid-sixties with the first group of Marines to land in Viet Nam and I didn’t have any time to think how I missed dressing. Even when I got back to the States the Marines kept me busy enough that I didn’t think much if at all about dressing.

I know the military changes over the years and it’s been 46 years since I was in the Marines. I just read your previous posts and can’t help wondering about “hey girls any of you wear make up in guy mode?? Ive been thinking about doing it. Just some foundation and toner to really soften my face” and “i have been looking at FFS and had some questions about it. I have not started hormones yet but i am looking for a therapist right now but i want to get FFS.” These are not comments that I would expect from active military personnel.

Well anyway, thank you for your service to our country and come back safe and sound.

Sabrina133
04-22-2013, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the quote Persephone. I've heard it before and no truer words have ever been spoken.

DonnaT
04-22-2013, 01:18 PM
Rodybaby, I agree with Sabrina. Note also, that Drs./Therapists, in the military are not bound by doctor patient confidentiality.

Concentrate on the enemy and every grain of sand to look for any little thing out of place. Best of luck.

Sabrina, I was also stationed at Ft. Hood, but back in the 70's.

Sabrina133
04-22-2013, 01:37 PM
Thanks. Donna. Yup, Fort Hood was in a great location to head away for a girls weekend away - north to Dallar or south to Austin/San Antonio or, for those extra long weekends, Houston.

nhlighthouse
04-22-2013, 01:43 PM
Godspeed to you and thank you for your service and time that you will never get back We all love you...Mykchelle

soo i am deployed again to afghanistan:(. Anybody got any tips to deal with wanting to dress and cant?

Kate Simmons
04-22-2013, 02:02 PM
Those of us who are serving and have served ensure the freedoms we now have. Remember that Hon. Your time will come again my friend.Thank you.:hugs::)

Beverley Sims
04-22-2013, 02:42 PM
Some have tried and got away with it.
You are playing with fire and are more than likely to destroy a good career.
If I had to weigh it up again I still wouldn't do it.
Certainly not in an active deployment.

Annaliese
04-22-2013, 03:01 PM
Keep busy with the job you have to do, keep so busy you won't even think about dressing. When you are not on duty get a fitness program going, get other involved. write lots of letter to family, I am sure there are some here that would share a male e-mail address with you. PM me if you want to and I will give you my male e-mail address. Most important come home.

Jodi
04-22-2013, 08:12 PM
Keep your head down. Straight ahead and don't bunch up.

Jodi

Sabrina133
04-22-2013, 11:28 PM
By the number of and nature of advice, it gratifies me to see the number of girls who've served. To all of you who did - especially our sisters who served in Vietnam - thank you for all you've done.

Marcella Camira
04-23-2013, 07:22 AM
Yeah, don't do it. And they cant do anything about what your thinking. So think about all the things you want to do when you get back. Because that is what you can do. Dressing is not an issue. You cant. Besides the girls in over there will b wearing same as you, except for the panties and bra. Good luck. And best wishes. We want you back in one piece you hear. Keep your head in the game, this will be here when you get back.

ronda
04-23-2013, 07:38 AM
Rodybaby first i would like to say THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY AND OUR FREEDOM THANK YOU!!! be safe follow you gut feelings and be ever mindful of where you are don't get distracted you can dress when you get back home talk to you then and Hugs Ronda

Jan Michell Collins
04-23-2013, 10:18 AM
Thank you for your service !!! The only thoughts I have are (1) keep your head down. (2) shoot strate. (3) keep your head down. (4) look out food your buddies. Hurry home and becarefull.