PDA

View Full Version : Spotting very Tall gg's in public

Alexis.j
04-23-2013, 12:10 AM
Im curious to know how many tall gg's you have seen about. A while ago I was doing some shopping in a grocery store and I spotted an exceptionally tall woman, I personally am 6'1", and I was looking up to her, I guess +7'...., and she was also wearing heels, I seriously doubt that she was trans as I stood next to her in the checkout, and heard her talk to a friend, presentation and voice seemed very natural gg.

Eryn
04-23-2013, 12:25 AM
Tall girls are not all that unusual. 6'2" is 99th percentile in the US for females, so that means that one out of 100 is that height. Add to that the number of women wearing height-enhancing footwear and the percentage of women breaking the 6' barrier goes up.

The other thing is that we 6'+ gals are very aware of our height and can easily gauge the height of others in this range. To a typical GG of 5'5" or so anyone over 5'10" is just "tall" and little distinction is made between the various lofty heights.

I am somewhat amused by the ritual exercised by the tall women I meet. The eyes move down to the feet, heels (or lack thereof) are noted, then the eyes come back up, she smiles, and I smile back. Sort of a sisterhood of tall girls.

Some time ago I was out to dinner wearing 5 inch platform heels. At 6'2" that made me about 6'6" tall. As I approached the gorgeous young willowy hostess I noted that I was looking her straight in the eye. She walked around her counter and she was wearing ballet flats!

erickka
04-23-2013, 05:21 AM
I too have recently run across some VERY tall GG's....At least 6'2" stocking footed. There was one gorgeous young lady in a restaurant I was at a week ago that had to be at least 6'7" with her 5" stilettos on. I was in La La land....I adore tall shapelt GG's!!!

Cheryl T
04-23-2013, 08:20 AM
There are lots of tall GG's in the world and I see some most every time I go somewhere.
My wife is always pointing one out saying, "she's your height" or something to that effect.

There are many tall women out there and fortunately that makes it a bit easier for those of us who are tall.

Beverley Sims
04-23-2013, 02:56 PM
All tall girls I see seem to stand out in a crowd.
They nearly always look elegant.
Tall western girls really stand out in China where they look even more elegant than they do here.
The Chinese population on average is about 5"7".

AllieSF
04-23-2013, 03:14 PM
I see them every once in awhile. I am short and very used to looking up at most men and a few women. Recently while standing and waiting for a table at a restaurant the girl sitting at the bar mentioned that she was tall. I said no way! She stood up and she was over 6 foot. You would never know that since she was sitting when I met her. Just this morning at the coffee shop I asked another taller woman who was over 6 feet (she told me after I asked) how was it for her growing up tall. She replied that it was tough and that her mother was rather conservative and believed that she should try to hide her height! She also made it a point to marry someone taller than her (by 1/2 inch!).

Norah_joy
04-23-2013, 03:15 PM
Being 6'3" myself, I know I notice the tall women. And I agree, a tall woman can be stunning as long as she isn't insecure about being so tall.

I find it funny how so many men who are 5'11" will claim to be 6 feet, but many women who are 6 feet, will say they're 5'11".

Alice Torn
04-23-2013, 04:15 PM
Wow! I wish some of those long tall women , middle age and up would move here! I live in a town and area, where i just don't see many tall women, unless they are teens! Most women around my area seem to be on the shorter than average side. At 6'6", , and 58 yo, i am cautious about going around here dressed up as Alice, as most of the tall women i see here are all married, and to men shorter than they are.