PDA

View Full Version : Movie dress

NicoleScott
04-23-2013, 09:23 AM
I've seen My Cousin Vinny countless times, and it still pops up pretty often on one cable channel or another. Cute movie, I liked it, but I don't want to watch it anymore. That is, until the final 45 minutes or so at the end. I just have to see Marisa Tomei in that short purple dress with gold accents spiraling down. I love it, and want one, but I could never do it justice like she does, so maybe it's better to be just a memory.
So, does anybody else watch a movie, or just part of it, compelled as I was just to see a dress?

Sabrina133
04-23-2013, 09:44 AM
LOL, yes... so many so little time. but ... The Devil Wears Prada when she shows up all dolled up for the first time in the thigh high leather boots and then all the dresses she wears after that. The other was in the opening scene in MIB III when she walks through the prison wearing a skin tight black leather dress and over the knee chirstian louboutin boots.

Whenever we go to the movies and i see a seriously gorgeous dress on an actress, GF will gently (mostly) tap me on the shoulder knowing what am looking at.

Bree

~Joanne~
04-23-2013, 10:05 AM
I would love to have that dress also, she totally rocks that dress in that movie :D Purple being my favorite femme color is just an added bonus ;) I am sure I have seen quite a few movies (being the movie buff I am) where I saw an outfit that I would love to have but right now, I am drawing a total blank. go figure.

Beverley Sims
04-23-2013, 02:38 PM
I have watched movies just to see a dress that I would almost die for.

pink femme
04-23-2013, 03:43 PM
The polka dot dress worn by Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. Gets me every time, so summery, so feminine and so wearablexxxxx

Abbygirl
04-23-2013, 07:36 PM
I have bought DVD's quite a few times just for something an actress was wearing. Even when the movie is only average. Erin Brokovich, Miss Congeniality(you know the dress and scene- slow-motion with "Mustang Sally" playing in the background), Legally Blonde, etc etc etc.
I too love Marisa Tomei's purple dress in My Cousin Vinny (OK, well really I just love MARISA, and her character in that movie was awesome- very attractive woman, and that accent just kills me. The purple dress is only one of many outfits she totally rocks in that flick).
And ahhh yes - Vivian's "My Pretty Woman" polka dot dress!!! I truly believe that dress could have been the start of my lasting love affair with polka dots. Just timeless in my opinion - here it is almost 25 years later and I think that dress would still work. And not just at the polo club. Feminine, summery, wearable- exactly!!! I would add flirty yet sophisticated, sexy yet demure. I'd love to wear a dress like that.

Lady Catherine
04-23-2013, 08:27 PM
I like to watch period films so I can watch the beautifully dressed women. Anything 19th century or older.

BLUE ORCHID
04-23-2013, 09:01 PM
Hi Nicole, Just tonight the movie 27 dresses was on FX.

Abbygirl
05-21-2013, 07:35 PM
Sorry, I just have to re-open this thread! I was watching "Walk The Line (http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3688956185/)" (Johnny Cash movie) the other night and there were at least half a dozen dresses that Reese Witherspoon wore that were just heavenly. So feminine! Mostly the 50's- early 60's dresses in the first half of the film, back in the days when females wore dresses and males wore hats.

Lacy PJs
05-25-2013, 06:50 PM
Have got to admit that I bought a DVD of "Rio Bravo" because of the way Angie Dickenson is dressed in the last scene :)

Lacy PJs

Tina B.
05-26-2013, 09:00 AM
Just went to see Gatsby in 3D just cause I wanted to see the clothes, it wasn't as good as I had hoped for, but there where a few nice dresses from the thirties but most of the great party scenes where shot with such rapid movement you couldn't really appreciate all of the dresses.

falcongts
05-26-2013, 01:27 PM
Yes I loved that movie also tv shows and movies help me pick colors that work for me
Thanks for posting

Alice Torn
05-26-2013, 02:46 PM
Oh yes! !960's comedy, "What A Way To Go", with Dean Martin, Paul Newman, and the gorgeous Shirley MaClain. She wore a little black dress, high heels, and a black fur hat, and looked WOW! I never thought i would be wearing the same combo someday!

docrobbysherry
05-26-2013, 03:54 PM
Absofrigginlutely, Nicole! MANY of my outfits, past, present, and future r movie inspired!