PDA

View Full Version : Everyday life

Tiffanyselkoe
04-23-2013, 02:02 PM
Last night I went downstairs to make cookies for the family and I after dinner. Nothing unusual about this except I had made myself comfortable for the evening with nightgown, panty, bra, forms, wig. As I walked into the kitchen I came face. To face with my father in law who is living with us at the moment and knows about Tiffany but has never seen her. It could have been awkward but I just said hi and asked if he wanted some cookies. We chatted for a moment like we normally would and no negative reaction at all. How awesome is that? Tiffany has become a regular in our household and has yet to meet the outside world but I sure am getting less timid. The point I am trying to make is that I am just an ordinary person and don't see myself as a curiosity or someone to be laughed at. From all the posts I have seen on this forum, I see the same in other girls like myself. It is refreshing to have a forum where I can talk about everyday life with others who truly understand where I am coming from. Once again, I can't say it enough times, thank you to everyone here.

Cheryl Ann Owens
04-23-2013, 02:20 PM
Hi Tiffany, I'm just getting used to everyday life myself being dressed almost all the time. It sounds like you had a "So what?" moment just being your casual self like nothing was out of the ordinary when you came face-to-face with your father-in-law. It also seems like your casual attitude rubbed of where he was not shocked and just acting normally. I'm getting there myself. My yard helper finished some projects and just left and now I can put on my house dress and do some housework. I don't do yard work much now and instead enjoy doing the stereotypical things women do. It's like it's no big deal anymore. Maybe for too many years we in our minds thought and felt we were't "normal" and did all we could to hide or just treat this as a wierd fetish? I don't know. I just feel all of this is becoming more normal for me.

Cheryl Ann

Marie-Elise
04-23-2013, 02:33 PM
This post, I think, makes a good point. Congratulations on being normal.

I have found myself actively getting rid of the "not normal" thought from my mind. I sometimes get dressed, look in the mirror and then think how abnormal it is for a guy like me to dress as a woman. No more. I refuse to believe I am not normal because I like to dress as a woman. I am normal.

Beverley Sims
04-23-2013, 03:37 PM
I think when a situation presents itself such as this just get on with life as if nothing unusual happened.
If someone wants to make waves, tackle the problem then.
The sunami? may never come.

I Am Paula
04-23-2013, 10:52 PM
It's a magical moment when you stop thinking to youself 'now I will get dressed as a girl', and it just becomes getting dressed. It's your new normal, and it's exilerating.

Claire Cook
04-26-2013, 07:54 AM
Tiffany, thank you for sharing this. It's wonderful that you are bedoming so comfortable with yourself, not to mention your family.

... and to follow Celeste's comment, it's like when you stop thinking you are wearing women's clothes and start to think "I'm wearing my clothes."

suzy1
04-26-2013, 08:04 AM
The poor man was is shock Tiffany!:eek:

But joking aside, that’s great but you are not ordinary, your one of us sister:)

linda allen
04-26-2013, 08:47 AM
It's great that you are being accepted by your family. Just one warning - wigs and stoves, ovens, or open flames are a dangerous combination. Most wigs would melt or catch fire in an instant and not only be ruined, but might cause burns to you or start a fire in the building. You can make the cookies but have someone else put them in the oven and take them out. Or remove the wig.

Just be safe.

boink
04-26-2013, 08:58 AM
As mundane as it is, feeling normal/ordinary while dressed is one of the things that I find most rewarding. It's good to just be able to be yourself.

kimdl93
04-26-2013, 09:40 AM
Its encouraging to hear that you're father in law is able to adjust to the new normal. It is great to be able to just be yourself and let yourself live life.