PDA

View Full Version : What would you do....

Cheryl Ann Owens
04-23-2013, 08:16 PM
if your doctor told you had only one more year to live?

Me? I'd request SRS immediately!

Cheryl Ann

Leah Lynn
04-23-2013, 08:34 PM
I would love to do the SRS, but not having the funds, I'd just live that last year as a woman. Probably as a WILD woman.

Leah

Deedee Skyblue
04-23-2013, 08:34 PM
I'd make a liar out of him!

Deedee

kimdl93
04-23-2013, 08:43 PM
Go fishing with my kids and grandkids.

BLUE ORCHID
04-23-2013, 08:49 PM
Hi Cheryl Ann, I would really start working on my bucket list .

Wonderwho
04-23-2013, 08:52 PM
Spend every second with all the people in my life that matter.
Crossdressing would be in the way of the time with my loved ones.
Therefore the CDing would have to go.
WW

DameErrant
04-23-2013, 09:04 PM
Convert all my assets into cash, except for family heirlooms that I would give to my brother and nephew, and after settlling affairs with my family, live it up lm Mexico until I couldn't walk anymore. Then let the county take care of me.

EmilyPith
04-23-2013, 09:10 PM
I'd make a liar out of him!

Absolutely right... heal thyself!!

Alice Torn
04-23-2013, 09:14 PM
I would do even more intrspection and soul searching, and worrying tan i already do!

AllieSF
04-23-2013, 09:21 PM
I would definitely get a second opinion!

Cheryl Ann Owens
04-23-2013, 09:53 PM
LOL! I'd get the second opinion. But meanwhile I'd get breast implants, SRS, FFS, And whatever money was left over I'd go on a shopping spree. I do have a wicked sense of humor only about the shopping spree! The rest is serious!

Your girlfren Chearyl

SarahBJackson
04-23-2013, 09:58 PM
Assuming that the opinion is solid, I'd sell everything and quit my job. Then I'd spend every day however I want, dressing how I want and hanging with whoever I want. One day I might drive to the ocean, another I might stay home and . . . nah, I can't picture a day I'd stay home. I'd go out in true Dionysion style, secure in the knowledge that my wife and son would get a windfall in a year thanks to the life insurance!

RenneB
04-23-2013, 10:15 PM
Carpe Deim.... today is the best day of your life. It's a real gift...that's why they call it the "present". I try to live each day to the fullest and try to make a different in the world. A whole year would be nice... but what if you wait for the last 11 months to do something and you get hit by a truck in the first month.... Don't wait....

Renne.....

Rachel Morley
04-23-2013, 10:19 PM
Spend as much time as I possibly could being with my wife doing all the things we like to do together, which would include me dressing more often and staying dressed for longer periods of time.

Ceri Anne
04-23-2013, 10:22 PM
Spend every second with all the people in my life that matter.
Crossdressing would be in the way of the time with my loved ones.
Therefore the CDing would have to go.
WW

As much as we would like to fantasize about living the last year Dressed, I think we would all spend it with those who are most important to us.........but I would defiently make the most of the time I had left.........but since there is no guarantee in life, shouldn't we do that anyway? Do we need someone to tell us we only have a little while left in order to do what we really want?

NathalieX66
04-23-2013, 10:32 PM
I never saw crossdressing in public or gender change as something on my short list of things to do when I die. ....been there/done that.

But I'd love to travel the world with someone I love, and how I'm dressed doesn't matter. I'm just a living soul that occupies a short time on this rock.

nvlady
04-23-2013, 10:36 PM
I would very carefully consider who I should leave my dog to.

Eryn
04-23-2013, 10:43 PM
I believe that the famous writer Isaac Asimov was asked this question. His answer was "Type faster."

My answer would be similar. I'd continue to do the things I like to do, probably to a greater extent, and I'd likely start to neglect doing the things I really don't like to do. Let the grass grow!

ossian
04-23-2013, 10:46 PM
Spend as much time as I possibly could being with my wife doing all the things we like to do together, which would include me dressing more often and staying dressed for longer periods of time.

I think I would have to say the same thing word for word.

Lorileah
04-23-2013, 11:05 PM
88% of the time they are wrong about the time you have left.

Allison Chaynes
04-23-2013, 11:07 PM
I would very carefully consider who I should leave my dog to.

Amen to that! I actually wrote that into my last will about a decade ago.

Nikki A.
04-23-2013, 11:11 PM
Not pay the Dr. Then he'd have to give me another 6 mos

marny
04-23-2013, 11:38 PM
Don't cry for me. I'm already dead..........heavily plagiarized if you don't know

Beverley Sims
04-24-2013, 12:14 AM
Think what I was going to do until D day.
Like working out my affairs.
You generally only get a six months warning any way.

Chickhe
04-24-2013, 12:26 AM
You could die tomorrow.... so you could be living today as if it was your last. The way I look at it, obviously you might not die in which case you still need to eat, so you can't blow your bank account, but if you consider only what you could have done today, if tomorrow was your last, would you feel good about it? I mean, suppose you could have done one of your bucket list items today, did you do it, or make the mistake of thinking you'll do it tomorrow?

noeleena
04-24-2013, 04:58 AM
Hi,

It would not worry me because ill be doing what i do now no changes my life ,,,is,,, as it should be,

...noeleena...

Angela Campbell
04-24-2013, 05:02 AM
I wouldn't quit my job, but I would find out what it takes to get fired.

Kate Simmons
04-24-2013, 05:21 AM
Pretty much the same thing I do every day which is helping others and doing what I can to makes things better.:)

NicoleScott
04-24-2013, 06:12 AM
When a family member asks me what the doctor said, following a trip to the doctor's office, I always reply "he said I would live long enough to pay the bill."

BOBBI G.
04-26-2013, 06:04 AM
At my senior status, I would come home ,change clothes, and go shopping. I want to go out in style.

Bobbi

linda allen
04-26-2013, 09:05 AM
I would definitely get a second opinion!

That's the best answer yet and that's what I would do. Honestly, I don't think you would recover from SRS in time to really enjoy it. And whatever is causing your demise in a year will probably be slow and have you in pain and in bed towards the end.

So what would I do? Spend time with my loved ones, do the long list of theings I've wanted to do but haven't, and get my affairs in order.

5150 Girl
04-26-2013, 07:31 PM
If I could afford SRS I'd do it. However, if the best I could do would be electro on my face and implants, I wouldn't be totaly happy, but I'd be satisfied

Annette Todd
04-26-2013, 08:51 PM
I would tell the IRS and my wife to go do something physically impossible to themselves!

Dana L
04-26-2013, 10:06 PM
Of course SRS and implants would be at the top of my adjenda for myself. On the other hand that would be selfish. My wife is the only one in my family that knows of my CDing and my desire to be female. I think it would be best to spend as much time with my loved ones as possible and let them remember me as they've known me.

heatherdress
04-26-2013, 10:07 PM
Pretty much the same thing I do every day which is helping others and doing what I can to makes things better.:)

I, also, would try to continue to live my life as I do now - live my life day by day - try to do my best at things I do - try to make a difference - try to help others - try to love and be loved - try to keep a sense of humor - try to do what's right.

Frédérique
04-27-2013, 07:20 AM
What would you do.... if your doctor told you had only one more year to live?

I don’t have a doctor. The members of my family have all been misdiagnosed, for one thing or another, so I am forever deaf to the advice of doctors. However, if I had only one year to live I would NOT change a thing – I’d continue to crossdress, and SMILE, to the very end...

SRS? No, thank you... :hmph:

Lynn Marie
04-27-2013, 10:37 AM
I'd lay on the floor on my back and kick my feet................ in a great pair of heels.

Stephanie47
04-27-2013, 10:52 AM
I already have my final resting place picked out- a national cemetery where I'm assured my dead ass will not be picked up and moved because someone wants to build a mall. Frankly, I'd move to my favorite spot on the Washington coast, and, set up my beach chair at the edge of the surf and watch the sun set each evening. There's nothing like listening to the surf pound and the sea birds call. No need to be en femme.

Aly Cat
04-27-2013, 11:09 AM
For me, I would probably try and find a different job. One that would allow me more time with my children. I would then tell my wife that she can shove her rules where the sun doesnt shine and I will be fully out and dressed how I want to dress. I would then spend the next year building as many memories as I could with my children and visit all the exotic places I could. I would build as many friendships and relationships as I could and touch as many peoples lives as I could so that I would leave them with lots of stories and happiness.

Jenni Yumiko
04-27-2013, 12:08 PM
Go on LTD, upgrade the life insurance to 2x what it is today, tell the wife and kids we are all taking a year off sabbatical, and travel the world with them.

Starr
04-27-2013, 12:43 PM
I would go sky diving, Smokey Mountain Climbing, i would ride a bucking bull..

I would live like i was dieing... flat out and wide open...

Cheryl Ann Owens
04-27-2013, 02:18 PM
I would go sky diving, Smokey Mountain Climbing, i would ride a bucking bull..

I would live like i was dieing... flat out and wide open...

Glad you mentioned it! I love this! This could apply to many of us after the GID diagnosis. Moderators, I hope this is okay to link and post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiOcW_YR1G8

Cheryl Ann

chris80
04-29-2013, 04:54 PM
since I am already retired I would continue doing what I now do,dress as much as possible. SRS would take too much time to recover from and hinder my enjoyment

BLUE ORCHID
04-29-2013, 08:28 PM
Hi Cheryl, I would ask him if I could pick the year then say I'll take 2033.

marny
04-29-2013, 09:10 PM
I'm sure it is odd to reply to myself but it seems no one picked up the quote. it was Barny from the Simpsons,probably the best one they made
Don't cry for me. I'm already dead..........heavily plagiarized if you don't know

BillieAnneJean
04-29-2013, 09:48 PM
OK here goes. If I saw a thread like this and didn't respond, and found out someone died as a result, I would carry that burden for the rest of my life. So I have been talking to guys about this. And now you must suffer through my speach. So forgive me:

That doctor announcement/bad news happened to me. Three years ago a doctor told me that I had an agressive cancer and that if it spread, I would not last more than three months. I had to tell my wife the bad news. I then started getting things in order in case I didn't make it. Getting her ready also. Then I had to wait a month before I could get surgery to remove the cancer. That was a long month. Fortunately, thus far, the surgery went well and I am still here. Although I had been taking all the advised precautions a guy should take, my previous physician that told me I was OK could have killed me. Unfortunately I had trusted his judgement. Only by changing doctors, unrelated to the cancer, prior to its discovery, only the change to another more aware doctor, saved me. I went back to that new doctor after the surgery, and told that doctor that he saved my life. He was moved to near tears. I have informed myself and take a more active part in my health care.

So guys, get your prostates checked. It is a silent killer. There may not be any symptoms. But if it gets out of your prostate, mine was just a few cells away from getting out, then it will spread to your pancreas and/or marrow. Then you may only have months to live. The smaller your PSA the better. Then the rate at which it is going up must be considered. Obviously any increase would be of concern but if the increase is a tenth over years then it is not a big deal UNLESS the cancer is near the edge of the prostate, then even a small increase can mean danger. While the PSA is only part of the maintenance/testing, it should be done even if you have to pay for it yourself. That and the finger up your @$$. Get it done twice a year. I went one year from OK to OMG. Had I waited any longer, I might not be writing this. Had I done it twice yearly, I would have significantly cut my risk.
Get tested!
So did it change me? You bet. Did I do things as a result? Some, but I always try to keep my bucket list completed. I couldn't hug or kiss my SO any more than before or I would be devowering her. But the roses do smell better.
Get tested!
Any questions of a private kind? Feel free to PM me.

Lisa Gerrie
04-30-2013, 05:06 AM
If I had one year left I would certainly not choose major surgery that would require me to spend time in the hospital and months of healing and recovery.

Reminds me of a favorite joke...

A man goes to the doctor and after the exam the doc says "Bill, I'm sorry to be so blunt, but you are going to die."

"What? Oh my God! How long have I got?"

"Ten."

"Ten? What do you mean? Ten what?"

"Nine..."

Beverley Sims
04-30-2013, 07:25 AM
Billie-Ann,
You did the right thing. Get it cut out if you are healthy.
Radiation treatement is really for older people as the PSA does increase over the years ever so slowly.
Me, I have been going for three years now psa <.05
I will probably get hit by a train.
I wish you luck in the rest of your journey and may there still be many years of dressing.

Mich.
Love the Joke.
Eight.......