PDA

View Full Version : Just knowing that they're "mine" makes me happy

Camille15
04-23-2013, 09:33 PM
I don't often get the chance to dress. But I find I still derive a certain satisfaction knowing that in my closet are several pairs of heels, some pretty dresses, and various undergarments, and that they're "mine". I still remember getting my first bra, from a bag of clothes to be donated by my roommate, and feeling giddy when I said "This is *my* bra!". Being able to say to myself now that , "I have 3 pairs of heels at home.". Or seeing a pair in the office and being able to say, "I have a pair just like those", makes me feel happy inside. It also makes me want to buy more things, even though I may not get to wear them much, so I can expand that wardrobe.

Does anyone else ever feel this way, especially if you're like me and can't dress often?

Camille

~Joanne~
04-23-2013, 10:02 PM
I feel this way all the time :) There is a certain level of joy knowing that everything hanging in the closet is yours. I just bought my 14th pair of heels and a few new outfits and I asked myself, when is enough enough? The answer is never lol

Ceri Anne
04-23-2013, 10:10 PM
And now we understand why its not safe to give the credit card to our SO's ............. much less ourselves :)

Beverley Sims
04-24-2013, 04:13 AM
Years ago when I was building a wardrobe I started to say the same thing.
I had something borrowed something blue when I started out too.

cdrachael
04-24-2013, 04:42 AM
Hi, I'm new to this site, I'm from Australia and I just love to dress up when at home. I've only been able to embrace this choice in the last year and constantly looking for a nice dress or underwear to buy. I sometimes think I have too much but I like to have options. I have three pairs of shoes and at the moment I'm thinking I need a red pair of heels to match a new dress I recently purchased.

All I can say is there is so many options of styles in clothing yet the budget doesn't stretch that far..lol,

cheers,
Rachael

Frédérique
04-24-2013, 08:03 AM
Just knowing that they're "mine" makes me happy

Yeah, I have a relationship with each and every article of femme clothing I own, and it DOES make me very happy to know that I went out and got my own “stuff,” as it were, in a series of never-ending mini-adventures. Over the years, I’ve only shown my things to a couple of individuals, thus violating the sanctity of the closet, and this verified my desire to keep things permanently secret, if only to maintain my precious feelings of happiness...

Those who don’t have a relationship with their femme finery are very much on the “other side” of the proverbial coin, if you ask me. For some of us, the gathering, or acquisition, of the things we love to wear is part and parcel of the joy of crossdressing, something that gets lost in translation among other CD viewpoints. If happiness is so bad, why are so many doing it, or trying to do it? You really can have FUN crossdressing, and being happy is a great way to be, believe me...
:)

carhill2mn
04-24-2013, 12:08 PM
I have many "feminine" things that I rarely wear or use yet I keep them as I, too, enjoy just having them.

CynthiaD
04-24-2013, 09:28 PM
Yes, always! When I can't dress I often find myself in my closet thinking "this is my dress!" Or "these are my high heels!" Or ... Well you get the idea. It makes me feel good just having these things.

me
04-25-2013, 04:45 PM
vocalizing really does change it.

mollycd99
04-25-2013, 11:22 PM
When I wear a pair of my girl jeans, something that nobody would ever notice was made for a woman, I still feel incredibly gratified. It's like my secret pleasure.

BlairP
04-26-2013, 12:13 AM
I dont understand, how do girl jeans fit differently? You make me want a pair.

Ciara Brianne
04-26-2013, 12:17 AM
I do like knowing my girly things are there waiting for me. :battingeyelashes:

Ciara:<3:

Taylor Ray
04-26-2013, 01:39 AM
Clothes and jewelry can become heirlooms and artifacts. When my grandmother passed away I was able to gather some of her jewelry, and a walking stick. Heirlooms can carry the essence of those who lived and used them.

Recently, I have moved into a new apartment. Each day I awaken, my closet becomes more of me. Yes, this is My Dress! I bought it new and it is becoming a part of me!

Seems dramatic but happens naturally with most wardrobes.

Is it a surprise because I never imagined my closet would be as such?

mollycd99
04-26-2013, 09:37 AM
I dont understand, how do girl jeans fit differently? You make me want a pair.

Of course girl jeans fit differently. There are lots of styles, of course, but I favor boot cut. They're slightly constricting in the waistline/thighs and flare slightly at the calf, and they have some extra room in the hips (which I can't fill without padding). Also, they're usually made from a softer, slightly elastic material compared to guy jeans. For some reason the pockets are uselessly small. All my guy jeans are straight-cut, relaxed fit, so these feel quite different.

I can wear them out in public in my male clothes and unless someone is really looking carefully they'd never notice. And I feel sexy and feminine but it's just my secret.

Now I have a pair of skinny jeans which taper all the way down and are quite form fitting. They also feel quite cute but I'm not sure I can pull those off while presenting as a guy.

docrobbysherry
04-26-2013, 11:10 AM
To me, u sound a lot like Dorothy as she takes her first few steps down the Yellow Brick Road, Camille. Let's see how much further down the road u r in, say 5 years? Ha ha!
--------------- feeling giddy when I said "This is *my* bra!". Being able to say to myself now that , "I have 3 pairs of heels at home.". ---------------------------

Does anyone else ever feel this way, especially if you're like me and can't dress often?

Camille
Your youthful naivety is refreshing. And, surely we ALL can remember feeling exactly as u do now? Enjoy your journey to womanhood, girl!