PDA

View Full Version : That b!**&y voice!

Emma_Forbes
12-14-2005, 02:20 PM
Hi All,

This has all the potential for being a controversial subject so I'll apologise up front - sorry if I upset anyone.

I find men who sound effeminate somewhat nauseating and don't really know why. The more effeminate the voice, the worse it affects me. I don't mind if they act effeminate but that voice just grates with me (bit like nails on a blackboard!). I have no problem with crossdressers - probably just as well - lol! I also have no problem with gay men or women, or butch women (although feminine is better imo) so why do I just hate that voice. It even applies to straight men who sound effeminate - quite probably through no fault of their own. I'm not aware of anything in my upbringing which would cause such an adverse feeling.

I was trying to think of some examples but the only one who comes to mind immediately is Will Young (winner of pop idol for all the non-UK folks). I'm sure there are more but just can't bring them to mind at the moment.

I wondered if anybody could explain this or whether anyone else feels the same.

Emma

Darlena
12-14-2005, 02:28 PM
Girlfriend sort of know what you mean. But I have heard some T-genders who have lush & soft voices that are truely feminine. That's after hormonal treatments. By the way...how's everything in Kent? Any news on the fuel fire? Love, hugs & kisses,

BeckyCath
12-14-2005, 04:45 PM
... I have heard some T-genders who have lush & soft voices that are truely feminine. That's after hormonal treatments.

Hi Darlena

Hormone treatment will have no effect at all upon the voice, unless of course they're F2M, where the voice would drop...

Emma, i agree with your comments that Will Young is immensely irritating, i have to say that his lips remind me of something that should never be on a face...

I don't have a problem with anyone's voice, even David Beckham...

Rebecca

jo_ann
12-14-2005, 09:44 PM
the only time it annoys me is when men with femme or gayish voices try to act extra macho to make up for it when they're probably as femme as me. I wish they'd just stop trying to put up a virtual shield and wearing the fake mask for everyone. There was an american idol contestant a season or two ago that if you closed your eyes you'd swear a sexy woman was talking, and it was just strange to hear him talk much less sing. it was freaky, yet I was somewhat jealous!

Rachel Morley
12-14-2005, 09:48 PM
Sorry, I can't help you. Personally, I have no problem with guys having feminine voices. In fact I kinda wish mine was all camp and girly, it might help me when I'm out en femme. :)

Denise01
12-14-2005, 09:58 PM
I have no problems with guys with feminine voices.
in fact, I wish mine were softer and more feminine as well.
I do know some gg's that have very masculing voices as well, and while it makes me look, does not bother me either.
After all we are who we are.

Denise

StephanieCD
12-16-2005, 10:40 PM
Sorry if I'm dredging up an old topic - reading what I've missed - but this reminds me of a question I wanted to ask and since it's on topic...

My GF is supporting and a few times we've "played" where I go all out and dress up, wig and all. Once I asked her - is it weird when my voice comes out? And she said that sometimes it was because (oh my) "you look so pretty" and I have a deep voice sometimes... wondering - how do the GGs feel? Better to be true to who a really am and use my real voice or is it better for "pretend" to try and use a femme voice?

(for the record - my voice is far from femmy ;) )

terza
12-17-2005, 01:55 AM
i think that a person's voice and other tones, such as laughter, is a major expression of oneself that cannot be easily altered -- it is very much wired into a person. i like my roaring laughter -- i would hate to have to find a different way to express my jovial self.
in my opinion, you use what you got (if you're happy/comfortable with it).

anyway, i find high pitched voices on a generic woman annoying --
and not any less annoyed by men w/ unnatural trained feminine voices.