PDA

View Full Version : Wearing Bras

susancheerleader
04-24-2013, 10:32 PM
When I get home at the end of a day I often rush to put a bra on. Usually with my forms. But sometimes with out.

Talking to GG women. The first thing they do at the end of the day, is take thier bra off.

I/ we are doing it backwards. At least in this case.

SarahBJackson
04-24-2013, 10:47 PM
I like wearing a bra too. I like to put one on when I have the house to myself. I then love to see me in a mirror!

Candice Mae
04-24-2013, 10:52 PM
When you have to wear one almost as much as a GG, you will learn to dislike wearing a bra. And really appreciate when you find a good fitting one that's comfortable to wear all day. Eventually it becomes all about comfort and support once the novelty wears off.

Sometimes Steffi
04-24-2013, 11:15 PM
I agree. On the few occasions that I've had to be able to wear a bra all day, I come home wanting nothing more than to get the bra off, and the forms with it. I guess I'm just not girl enough.

DawnD
04-24-2013, 11:18 PM
I hate wearing them. I have a few that fit really well, and a few that look super pretty. But ultimately, at the end of the day, I can't wait to get them off and not feel bound and constricted.

Jenniferathome
04-24-2013, 11:19 PM
A bra is only a tool for my forms to give me a shape. I don't care for them too much. I certainly would not wear one just to wear it.

Taylor Ray
04-24-2013, 11:34 PM
I agree with Candice; there is a novelty to starting off. Being able to dress all day does seem to change the novelty. If I am relaxing at night I will usually go with a nice top that is comfortable and very feminine. If I am entertaining a date I will wear a bra for sex appeal.

Dana L
04-24-2013, 11:50 PM
Before I developed any breast tissue it was a novelty to wear a bra. Now I wear sports bras or compresion shirts everyday to hide them so it's nice to get home and let them out to breath. I still love to put on a real bra and maybe my enhancers and look down at them.

MaryAnn40c
04-25-2013, 12:00 AM
I too rush home to wear my forms and bra. I do like to wear them as much as I can. I will at sometime wear my forms to work but for now I just wear them(forms) while out and about around town.

ShelbyDawn
04-25-2013, 12:11 AM
Just like everything else to do with crossdressing, I am sure we are all on different spots on the curve...
For me, dressing is very comforting. I equated it to putting on baggy sweats when discussing my dressing with my counselor(that is another thread altogether).
My bra and forms are part of he comfort. I like the feel and actually sleep better with them on. That and a nice satin nightgown.
Go figure...

Melissa Rose
04-25-2013, 12:11 AM
If you wear a bra all day like I often do (and it is not only because I want to), you want to take it off at the end of the day. I notice it more after I take it off. The same goes for my shoes. They are off of my feet within 1 minute of getting into the house especially if I have been in heels all day (I work in an office).

This is a joke.......cross dressers say "ahhhh" when they put on their bra; GGs and TSs (or those who have to wear one) say "ahhhh" when they take off their bra.

Cynthia Anne
04-25-2013, 12:23 AM
For the last two years the only time I've been without a bra is in the shower!!!

Ciara Brianne
04-25-2013, 12:23 AM
I like wearing bras. I don't rush home just to put one on though. I like wearing them under my clothes when I can. The last time I actually had one on all day, it was gone within minutes of getting to the house.
Ciara

Eryn
04-25-2013, 01:56 AM
I'm with the take-it-off-and-say-aaah group! I love the shape a bra and forms gives me and I don't find them particularly uncomfortable to wear, but it does feel good when it comes off!

noeleena
04-25-2013, 01:58 AM
Hi,

Yes it seems most if not all dresser's like the bra What i did for Jos was give hers away & got some that fit her better more like a sports bra. Jos likes them far better than any normal bras , & no wire, as i used to take that out ,

For myself i have not worn any bras since May last year & the way its going i maynot bother again, the reason i stoped wearing them was i injured my shoulders in a fall.

...noeleena...

Cheryl T
04-25-2013, 02:39 AM
Why is this backwards??
If I had breasts and wore a bra all day I might do the same thing, but I don't so I wear mine in the evening and to bed (if I don't my boobs fall off...lol).

gender_blender
04-25-2013, 06:08 AM
I wear bras in public frequently, so I can relate to wanting to take it off at the end of the day. I usually come home to wear a designer bridal gown.

linda allen
04-25-2013, 06:10 AM
Without a bra, my boobs fall off. A bra that fits well is not uncomfortable.

Karren H
04-25-2013, 06:23 AM
I typically wear mine all day and after 12 hours take it off when I get home from work....

stephNE
04-25-2013, 06:24 AM
Yes, I too have often thought this is sort of backwards. My wife can't stand to have a bra on in the house, but I love wearing bras, as often as possible.

monalisa
04-25-2013, 07:23 AM
Wearing a bra makes me feel more feminine and I enjoy wearing one but I'm sure if you wore one everyday all day you would be ready to take it off. Most girls I know also can't wait to take theirs off after wearing them all day.

Cathy Jooste
04-25-2013, 07:37 AM
It's all about comfort. Right size is soooo important.

Elle1946
04-25-2013, 08:00 AM
We do what we can when we can and they do what they can when they can. Are the girls closet crossdressers???

Lacyfem
04-25-2013, 08:43 AM
I guess if I were able to wear it all day I too would want to take it off at the end of the day but I don't so relish the chances I get to wear them and love it. On the other hand as soon as my wife gets home, and she has very nice breasts, she takes her bra off.

SheriM
04-25-2013, 08:57 AM
When I get the opportunity to wear a bra all day, it feels good to take it off but in a short time, I want it back on.

Daryl
04-25-2013, 08:59 AM
I wear my bras almost 24/7. I have my enhancers in also likewise. Now that the weather is getting warmer and can leave the jacket on the hangar.
I take my enhancers out and I still have a nice looking bust. When out and about I normally put a loose fitting top on over my tee or tank top.

I Am Paula
04-25-2013, 10:46 AM
I wear a bra almost 24/7 aswell. During the day I still like pretty bras. To sleep in, some well broken in cotton bras are great. After 30 years, I still love bras, even tho' they are really just tools to keep my boobs on. I'm getting a BA in Sept. and I've often wondered whether my love of bras will change to a more GG attitude of-Can't wait to get this thing OFF!

Sandra1746
04-25-2013, 11:01 AM
If you don't have any breast tissue to support then the bra is optional. However if there is breast development, and especially if it is sensitive or tender due to HRT, then a bra is likely mandatory. I wear one all the time, often only a 'crop top' but I find that I need them for support and protection. As long as I need one it might as well be pretty.

Just my style,
Sandra1746

Kimberly Renee
04-25-2013, 11:12 AM
I can understand that GG's, since they have(?) to wear one will enjoy taking them off, just as I enjoy taking off an athletic supporter.

Because I equate wearing bras with being fem, when I'm in fem mode I will wear all day and don't enjoy removing it at bedtime, if I'm still in the fem mood. I can soothe my fem side with female nightwear.
My 'everyday' bras are cotton no-cups that aren't binding. I have a few underwires for when I use forms and they fit rather tight, so yeah, I like to remove them.

(my opinions only)
Bras can be a fixation or focal point that men may use to trigger their feelings of fem. "Because only women wear bras, if I wear a bra I must be a woman" or "To become a woman, I must wear a bra" are thoughts that go through many CD minds.
Many things can be points of fixation and not every CD views bras in that way. For some it may be shoes, painted nails, dangling earrings, etc.

I could be dressed to the nines but if I'm not wearing a bra then I don't feel like woman. (insert Shania Twain song here (http://youtu.be/ZJL4UGSbeFg))

Tora
04-25-2013, 11:30 AM
While listening to a radio show Sunday evening, out of Columbus, Ohio. The 2 gals got into the topic of getting their bras off. One implied the need for a proper fitting, for her co-hostess. Can not wait to see if this becomes a topic.

Monique53
04-25-2013, 11:50 AM
I, too, enjoy wearing a bra when I can, but, obviously i dont wear as much as a GG. There are times,after extended wearings, that I am glad to take it off and just relax. I must say that since I have experimented long enough to find bras that fit me reasonably well, I can wear them for longer periods of time and even seem to forget that I have one on. I think I have just gotten used to it and it no longer feels strange to have it strapped around my chest.

Monique

Cheryl Ann Owens
04-25-2013, 12:23 PM
I wear them occasionally. They do feel good and remind me of my fem self. Comfort is everything and I'm sure they can feel like part of the full CD "uniform" like combat boots. LOL! I have gynocomastia and fall just short of a B cup. (a good thing!) Lots of times I can feel the girls bouncing especially driving down a bumpy road and can use the support.

Cheryl Ann

Beverley Sims
04-25-2013, 12:43 PM
I am sure there are many reasons for role reversal when wearing bras.

me
04-25-2013, 04:36 PM
That's what you call irony, eh?

Annaliese
04-25-2013, 04:44 PM
I wear a pull over bra with padding or a sport bra with padding every day, when I get home will add some enhancers. I start getting ready for work at 4am put my bra on by 5 am I don't take it off til I go to bed at 9pm. I don't even notice them all day.

Lindahexi
04-25-2013, 06:11 PM
I wear a bra every day all day and also sleep with the bra on, sometimes I leave the forms in all night as well. I actually don't find my bras uncomfortable, quite the reverse, I don't feel good without one. The only complaint I have is that one or two of my bras have straps that keep slipping off my shoulders, so I try to use only the really good fitting ones.

KimberlyJean
04-25-2013, 06:34 PM
I enjoy wearing a bra, I have some nice bras that fit well. The times I get to wear them all day I forget that I am wearing it and it just becomes part of the outfit. I love the feel of my forms on my chest and I need the bra to hold them up. I was buying bras for a while because I really like the color or style until I realized I had several hundred dollars worth of bras that I don't get to wear nearly enough.

suchacutie
04-25-2013, 08:28 PM
It's the difference between needing to do something and wanting to do something...:)

Cheryl Ann Owens
04-25-2013, 08:58 PM
It's the difference between needing to do something and wanting to do something...:)

Or the difference of wanting to feel like a woman with all of the stipulations and consequences, and feeling complete? If I had DD breasts that needed a good support bra, I'd be happy to deal with it!

Cheryl Ann

Sissy_Michelle
04-25-2013, 09:24 PM

I have to agree with Suchacutie, most GGs I know cannot wait to take their bras off once they get home for most of the reasons stated above. Then again the few TS, Crossdressers I know are split between wanting and needing for various reasons.

For me I will be with the group that will enjoy wearing a bra when and for as long as he can due to company or location. Novelty? Perhaps... Though I do enjoy it, the taboo, excitement of wearing it, not sure and have never really dived that far down to figure out why? If you enjoy something why ask yourself why do you do it? If you over analyse something you will forget the "Fun" in it.

Rachel Morley
04-25-2013, 09:51 PM
I wear two types of bra, one that I wear all the time I am undressing in my girly boy style of presentation that includes going to work, and then there is the other type that has shaped cups that have forms in then for when I am fully enfemme. The only time I want to take them off after a hard day or long night of partying is when I have fastened them too tight. Most of the time I love wearing a bra and want to keep it on:)

mollycd99
04-25-2013, 11:17 PM
My wife has had a double mastectomy. In the old days, she also used to relish taking off her bra after a long day. Now that we are both are flat-chested, she doesn't much miss having to wear a bra, but sometimes she gets a little wistful. Having said that I very much admire her in that she rarely bothers to wear her forms, and is very comfortable with her body as it is.

Of course I relish wearing my forms as often as I can!

I Am Paula
04-26-2013, 11:09 AM
Molly, My wife too, had a mastectomy. It made her realize how important my having breasts was to me. She used to think they were silly, and asked why I would want a BA, if I could take off my boobs at will, or change their size.
Although she has adjusted well, emotionally, she wears forms 24/7.

sometimes_miss
04-26-2013, 11:17 AM
When you have to wear one almost as much as a GG, you will learn to dislike wearing a bra. And really appreciate when you find a good fitting one that's comfortable to wear all day. Eventually it becomes all about comfort and support once the novelty wears off.

^this. HOWEVER.....when young, before they have any need to wear a bra, most girls also want to wear one, and do so, way before they ever fail the pencil test. It's about broadcasting to not only the rest of the world, but to themselves, that they are becoming sexually mature females, and some probably also view the wearing of a bra as separating them from their 'immature' sisters.

NV Susan
04-26-2013, 11:27 AM
I wear a bra most days, some days I can't wait to take it off, other days with a more comfortable bra I forget I have it on. I have a natural B cup and never wear forms. I have found wearing a bralette very comfortable, and I'll change into one of them at the end of the day.

Stephanie47
04-26-2013, 11:38 AM
When I am enfemme, it's all the way. There is no middle ground. It's bra and panty, slip, hosiery, heels of various height, dress, and wig. If the band and shoulder straps fit well, I really do not feel uncomfortable. Shoes can become uncomfortable, but, then that's why the goddess designed flats.

Megan Thomas
04-26-2013, 12:04 PM
As already said a few times, when you wear one because you need to and for any extended period you generally can't wait to get home and remove it - much the same as spending hours in heels. In the meantime enjoy wearing one while it's still a pleasure for you.

Cheryl Ann Owens
04-26-2013, 12:52 PM
I wear a bra most days, some days I can't wait to take it off, other days with a more comfortable bra I forget I have it on. I have a natural B cup and never wear forms. I have found wearing a bralette very comfortable, and I'll change into one of them at the end of the day.

LOL! I've been wearing my most comfortable one all day and mostly forgot I had it on until I read your post. :-) I'm just under a natural B cup and it does feel natural for me to wear.

Cheryl Ann

k lynn
04-27-2013, 04:41 AM
I enjoy wearing my bra everyday about the only time I dont wear oneis in the shower I have just 4 bras but going to buy 2 more soon

Lisa Jeffreys
04-27-2013, 05:27 AM
Hi! I'm new here and this is my first post. I'm new to crossdressing (about 1 year) so I don't have a wardrobe or closet as big as my desire... yet. I have one bra that fits fairly well, it's a 42 A/B I got on sale for a pretty good price.I wear it to work quite a bit and I love the feeling of "getting a hug" all day but by the time I get home I've had enough of hugging. I can imagine how my ex girlfriend (M cup) must feel at the end of the day.

Lisa

Mollyanne
04-27-2013, 07:02 AM
I wear a bra because I like the way it holds my boobs, gives my chest a nice "look" and just gives me a "REALLY GOOD FEELING". I amy be the only one who looks forward to wearing one all day and I usually do.

Molly

VAWyman
04-27-2013, 08:29 AM
I just plain love the feel of a bra. It's almost magic, I put it on and the change in my thinking (from drab to fem) is immediate.

Heather1129
04-27-2013, 10:55 AM
I put my bra on shortly after my morning shower and take it off when getting undressed for bed in the evening. I wear one every day with very few exceptions. I can fill out a C cup fairly well, so the girls need the support. A comfortable, well fitting bra is a pleasure to wear, I feel awkwardly naked without one on. They don't have to be uncomfortable and irritating. I love the all day hug and bit of femininity it gives me during my day.

Heather

rita63
04-27-2013, 11:02 AM
Whenever I have the freedom to wear a bra all day I do and I suppose it could grow uncomfortable if it didn't fit right but when I get home I can become femme and I put mine on cause I love it.

hugs rita

susancheerleader
04-27-2013, 04:05 PM
WOW! Some impressive perspectives on this topic.

I don't "have" to wear a bra all day. There are occasions when I did, and when I got home I stripped it off fast. HOWEVER, there are times I also wore a bra, not only all day, but all night also. In that case, I felt I did't even have one on. It fealt like I didn't even have one on.

As some of you pointed out, a proper fitting bra makes all the difference. If you feel "constrained" you will want to get the bra off as fast as you can. But if you feel comfortable, and it fits, you won't notice it and in that case MIGHT wear it longer.

EllenJo
05-12-2013, 07:17 AM
I find my bra to be very comfortable most of the year, however it does get annoying in the summer heat. I prefer bralettes, which I can wear all of the time, light, feels great while on and very feminine. Just wish I could find more of them in size 44. My wife is small breasted and doesn't like to wear hers in the summer either. Being a 32 near A she has a wonderful wardrobe of bralettes that I wish I could borrow from.

VAWyman
05-12-2013, 07:21 AM
Has anyone tried to put on/take off a bra after smashing your thumb with a hammer? It aint easy!

Kimberly Renee
05-12-2013, 09:55 AM
Has anyone tried to put on/take off a bra after smashing your thumb with a hammer? It aint easy!

LOL :) With enough practice you can learn to pinch it with one hand to remove the clasp. You could also take down the shoulder straps and rotate the clasp to the front. That would make it easier to remove with a sore thumb.

anonymousinmaryland
05-12-2013, 11:54 AM
Someone said the right size. Don't forget the correct style, too.

Josie06
05-12-2013, 02:59 PM
I enjoy wearing a bra and do so often though not always. Yes, most days and usually at night. I wear sports bras as they keep the jiggling from being noticeable. Also, my reason for doing so is ... comfort.

Not that I have a lot up top but my breasts are very sensitive, especially my nipples. Without a bra the jiggling causes them to get "scratched" by my t-shirt or camisole. A bra helps sooth that accompanying pain (if it goes on too long).

Alison1842
05-12-2013, 04:24 PM
I too like the simplicity of a sports bra (certain brand with a tick), but can just about fill a 38b naturally as im a bit over weight at the moment, hence the support is nice too at times. I also agree about the nipple protection thing. Don't know weather its just a small spot, scratch or what, but damn a sore nipple is very very sore and its always were they put the stupid frigging stitched in logo on normal bloke T shirts! Its gotta be one of the reasons i CD, bloke stuff is like wearing barbed wire in comparison to girly clothes!!

Above all though i really find they change my complete posture, stand a lot straighter, shoulders up not just dropped down. Just feels right to wear one.

Brittany CD
05-12-2013, 04:33 PM
Wearing a bra is fun when you only wear it every now and then for a little while. If you're a woman who has to wear it every day, you get tired of wearing it

susan54
05-12-2013, 04:38 PM
I have been wearing a bra for about 18 hrs a day for about 15 years.I do not identify as female and have no natural breast tisue - i wear forms. I believe if you are wearing the right size and sort of bra it is wonderfully comfortable, but if you wear large breast forms of have large real ones it might be different. I wear smal forms at night, and am usually in an underwired bra, to the extent that I seem to have a permanent mark on my chest.

RADER
05-12-2013, 09:51 PM

Way back when, When I was being taught the Carpenter Trade; I was shown the difference
between a Real "Nail" and your "Finger Nail"
The teaching has served me well for over 40+ years.
That is why they invented Pneumatic Nailing Machines.
Rader

prene
05-12-2013, 09:56 PM
I like wearing bras.

But when I am wearing attached forms (smaller ones) I love going braless.

Jaylyn
05-12-2013, 10:13 PM
After I got my right fit and size my bras are comfortable, I am wearing a 44 DD and have some XL forms and I love one of my bras with the forms as they sway and jiggle when I walk in heels. Feel like a real woman.

Cheryl James
05-12-2013, 11:01 PM
I have loved wearing a bra since the first time I put one on when I was 11 or 12. A bra, unlike any other article of clothing, male or female, is my favorite thing to wear. One important fact, of course, is that a bra gives a feminine definition to my upper body. But, even more importantly, wearing a bra is like getting a warm hug from a dear friend or loved one. I feel more relaxed when I wear a bra. I, of course, feel more feminine when wearing a bra. I would wear one every day, if I could. I don't "have" to wear one, I "choose" to wear one.

Rabecca
05-13-2013, 06:21 AM
The best part of all this dressing is the bra. When I put it on wow, I'm girly.
When I'm at work I think and try to feel like I have one on.

Sabrina133
05-13-2013, 10:17 AM
It depends. If am just hanging around at home, i may not wear a bra at all. If am wearing attached forms, i may or may not wear one. If am out and about outside the house, i usually wear one. Like Jaylin, i love the way wearing one defines my girly shape. Interestingly enough, except for the attached forms, SO is pretty much the same.

Annie M
05-13-2013, 10:34 AM
I love wearing a bra no question. Putting one on and adjusting everything is very enjoyable. I also love the feeling of taking it off and reaching around to unfasten the catch then feeling their natural movement. But having something to fit into a bra is a beautiful feeling with or without the bra.

Meg East
05-13-2013, 10:47 AM
Does it say something that I have more bras than my wife? I notice I will wear the more comfortable ones more often and longer than some of my lacy scratchy ones.

Claire Cook
05-13-2013, 10:47 AM
I wear two types of bra, one that I wear all the time I am undressing in my girly boy style of presentation that includes going to work, and then there is the other type that has shaped cups that have forms in then for when I am fully enfemme. The only time I want to take them off after a hard day or long night of partying is when I have fastened them too tight. Most of the time I love wearing a bra and want to keep it on:)

I'm with Rachel here, though without the shaped cups and (sigh) long nights of partying -- underdress with minimalist bras, no underwires or big straps. Love sleeping with a bra on and putting my forms in first thing in the AM.

Cheryl Ann Owens
05-13-2013, 11:18 AM
I love wearing bras whenever I can. Actually I have gyno and am almost a B cup. It makes me feel more feminine having to adjust everything while putting it on and having some support. I like wide straps and full coverage because it feels like being hugged---best way I can describe it. I like the feeling of knowing it's there.

Cheryl

lucidique
05-13-2013, 05:07 PM
i have 2 c cup bras that i wear at home but unfortunately i have to
stuff them because i don't have the money for breast forums and yes
i love to wear them because they make me feel that much more feminine
and that makes me happy...just wondering how much of a diffrence forums make???

freeindress
05-13-2013, 06:16 PM
Only like to wear sports bras for warmth, nipple protection at work, hug of natural breasts soon to be B cup.
In male mode, tank tops with builtin bra too because I can wear them when running.
I had worn once a racer back cotton sports bra under a heavy backpack during a summer moutain trip. It was very comfortable, got only a few odd looks from the group, but forgot sunscreen and ended the day with revealing shaped sunburn around neck, shoulders and belly.

Jessica Who
05-13-2013, 07:19 PM
I've always found that interesting. Some women hate wearing bras but do so because it's a must while most crossdressers would love to wear bras all the time!

Brenda456
05-13-2013, 07:35 PM
Yup. My wife thinks I am nuts for wearing a bra when I don't have to. Come to think of it, she thinks I am nutty anyway.

marny
05-13-2013, 09:41 PM
Yeah. No Kidding! i havw more bra's and underwear than my wife has. last count on bra's was over thirty. Perhaps I'm obsessed!
I enjoy wearing a bra, I have some nice bras that fit well. The times I get to wear them all day I forget that I am wearing it and it just becomes part of the outfit. I love the feel of my forms on my chest and I need the bra to hold them up. I was buying bras for a while because I really like the color or style until I realized I had several hundred dollars worth of bras that I don't get to wear nearly enough.

Alaina Ann
05-31-2013, 04:04 PM
I am a real 48 B an I love to wear a bra. It gives me support and sex appeal and hides my often hard nipples.