PDA

View Full Version : No female side, but what gives!

DonnaT
04-24-2013, 10:38 PM
Expanding on the discussion at http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?193811-R-U-this-kind-of-CD-R-there-many-of-us-here-with-no-quot-female-side-quot

Lingerie for men

http://www.hommemystere.com/

http://xdress.com

This is different from http://www.chrysalislingerie.com/ (the online store is yet to be launched, maybe May 1).

HommeMystere is directed to men, which is a problem for some CDs, wherein some of us don't find we respond the same way compared to wearing lingerie made for women.

Lingerie made for men is supposed to be a better fit (shoulders, proper placement of of forms, wider gusset to keep the bits in place).

I reckon if I didn't know the products were made for men, I could find them desirable, except for cost.

But knowing it was made for a man changes things.

Of course, it shouldn't, since it is feminine looking and made of nice material, apparently, however there is a mental block which can't really be explained, because it is not logical.

Trying to make sense of it can be quite difficult, and problematic.

It's as mysterious as the need to crossdress is mysterious.

I don't even get any crossdressing relief when I wear a t-shirt made for a woman, and have no desire to try jeans or other trousers made for women.

Questions:

A. If you do not have a fem side, and it is all about the clothes, does the lingerie made to fit a man's body do it for you?

B. Does the lingerie have to be made for women, to do it for you?

If B is the answer for you, does this mean you have a fem side?

Gretchen_To_Be
04-24-2013, 10:46 PM
Ha! Occam's Razor applied to crossdressing. Brilliant. I concur 100%, I would not buy pantyhose, stockings or other lingerie made explicitly for men. It defeats the whole purpose! It is the very taboo of wearing items made for women that is core to my fetishistic CD enjoyment.

Brilliant post.

Shibumi

Lucy_Bella
04-24-2013, 10:48 PM
Donna ..It's B for me... But I feel that ..

A.. If you dress to emulate a female you do indeed have a Female Side..

B.. Some of us do not feel we have a female side because to ourselves we act no different than in male clothing ( That we know of) ..I think that is because many of us dress alone,we go nowhere while dressed we do not interact with other people, we judge ourselves..

C.. If it's cut for a male designed for a male why would anyone who emulates female find any use for them?

Great post very interested to see other replies..

Frédérique
04-24-2013, 11:07 PM
Questions:
A. If you do not have a fem side, and it is all about the clothes, does the lingerie made to fit a man's body do it for you?

You’re assuming that I, a MtF crossdresser, worship lingerie, and I DON’T, so your line of reasoning does not apply… :straightface:

Sometimes Steffi
04-24-2013, 11:10 PM
I would like to claim that it's just clothes.

I actually like to go mixed mode sometimes.

For example, I have a bunch of Jockey Elance (Men's) cotton bikini underwear. Some are in traditional boy colors like red and navy, but some are in traditional girl colors like pastel pink, yellow or blue. I also have some similar Merona (Target) and Fruit of the Loom (Men's) bikinis that are also indistinguishable from women's panties. In fact, Jockey also makes a line of Elance (Women's) that could easily pass for mens.

Occasionally, I've been able to find men's nylon or microfiber bikinis.

On the pink side of the aisle, Hanes makes some hipsters that emulate mens low ris briefs, even to the design of a non-functional fly. And what are boy shorts anyway.

Not that I don't like my Vanity Fair granny panties, but I am an equal opportunity bikini wearer.

I've looked at man bras, and other lingerie made for men, and I don't see spending double or triple for such a small difference.

Since I typically wear a 6/M in panties and a 38C in bras, my size is well within the typical female range.

Since I wear an 11W in shoes, I might cosider men's pumps, for example. But if the price were substrantially higher than women's pumps, I would pluck up my courage and go to Nordies, where they would have the size and selection to fit me properly in women's shoes.

Ciara Brianne
04-24-2013, 11:30 PM
I definitely have a femme side. I think that is where my desire to dress comes from. As for "men's" lingerie, I checked this out, thinking it might be nice to have lingerie tailored to a man's body since I have problems finding such things that fit me just right. First, like I have noticed that stores and websites that "cater" to crossdressers generally have inflated prices. Ridiculously so in my opinion. I feel that some of these outlets prey on our fear of being found out in order to increase their profits. They say their mission is to help those like us. What I see is greedy people taking advantage and raping peoples pocket book. Second...most of what I have seen looks more like fetish and bondage apparel. I am not into such stuff. I'm not overly kinky in any way. I am a sensual person. I like to feel sexy. Whether I am dressed up or not. It may seem difficult to us finding that piece of apparel that fits just right, but I have been shopping with many women in my time, waiting while they try stuff on. I have found that it can be just as hard for a woman to find things that fit just right, and we're talking about clothing made for them. I am about a size 4. I see cute stuff all the time. Unfortunately, I only find stuff that fits me right about 10% of the time. I totally understand Women's shopping habits now.

Especially with my love of all things girly.:o

Ciara:<3:

side note....If I am a MtF CD, and I were to wear "Men's" lingerie, does that make me a double crossdresser? lol

Taylor Ray
04-24-2013, 11:44 PM
Very interesting post, Donna! I agree with your feelings about clothes "made for men". One of the girlfriends I had in my twenties tried to "convert" me to men's bikini briefs that had so-called "sexy prints". I found the idea unappealing, in some strange way. Either way, nothing beats a great skirt, sexy top, and sexy undies!

Jamie001
04-25-2013, 02:14 AM
Ha! Occam's Razor applied to crossdressing. Brilliant. I concur 100%, I would not buy pantyhose, stockings or other lingerie made explicitly for men. It defeats the whole purpose! It is the very taboo of wearing items made for women that is core to my fetishistic CD enjoyment.

Brilliant post.

Shibumi

The problem is that if these items were made for men they would not be the same. They would be masculinized in the type of material used, or the ruggedness of the construction, or the limitation to drab colors. Just think about high heels for men. My perspective is that they just need to make the current style women's high heels in larger size for men. That is all that is needed. Do not limit the colors, or ruggedize the construction, or change the thickness of the heel. Just make the shoes in larger sizes. Unfortunately designers could never do just that! They would masculinize the item and it would be a failure.

Take for example shoes that are considered unisex. Up to women's size 10 they are offered in every color of the rainbow and more. When you get past women's size 10, the are only offered in black, brown, and blue. That is part of the problem that will simply be perpetuated if women's clothing is offered in men's sizes.

noeleena
04-25-2013, 02:40 AM
Hi,

Would this not change things a bit , my clothes i make & sew are to fit myself, now many other womens clothes fit my body because its not male , i never liked male clothes infact ...HATED... them & they did not fit my body Mom knew this some 55 years ago, i tryed some jean type longs i bent over forward & split them up the back hated them so i sewed them up cut them into shorts tryed to wear them , i used them as rags, okay i was about 11 - 12. Any longs i was very uncomfortable so most of my life was in shorts,

I tryed all kinds for a fit, no way hated them, i should have just worn a kilt of our clan would have saved a lot of bother, i had my scot'e hat so should have just done it.

The detail i see is if the clothes are made for men as to size & fit, would that not be a better idear, they are still fem the fabrc would be the same as it would be for us .

A reason for this is what i see & know ,
I have two friends one is a dresser who wonts to live as fulltime as a woman,,, the body,.. is very male in shape size, weight, & look theres no way the body would or could be dressed as a woman's of similar size & shape , the belly & upper part shoulders is very different ( more like a line backer, _ from my women friends even the waist .& hands / arms .

My other friend is like myself intersexed & is a female as born, yet is much like my first friend in size shape & so on yet youd think she was male,, ( long story,)

so she needs bigger size's in all clothes,
We do have a sara sizeing for larger women so we can get some lovey clothes that look nice fit well & are comfortable now would women buy these clothes that are made for men, with the dresser's in mind , yes they would for sure, so i dont see a problem same design same cloth / fabric colour's & so on, just fitted better,

Tell me & who would know its no different than have the same talor made for you by a woman.

When i was over in Thailand i had a guy quite lovely as it was said to me he would / could make me any clothes that i would like him to make i declinded because i had enough money for my trip & surgerys & i was not ready to have a fitting then , now would be very different i would say ....OH ....yes. i would love to .the fabric is just so so lovely , i did check it out,

Oh ... womens shoes do go up to 11 just not as many designs ecco was doing some were very nice & as said brown black & a rose red & they are still doing them up to size EU 38. er what ever size that is, & a good price, worth a look.

www.hikoi.co.nz/

au.shopping.com/

...noeleena...

Lynn Marie
04-25-2013, 07:10 AM
The very thought of lingerie made for men makes me laugh. The realization that I have a feminine side became abundantly clear when I realized how much I liked lace! I do make alterations as necessary to my lingerie, etc. to fit my needs. Of course I was pretty good with a sewing machine making repairs on my jump gear, sport kites, car upholstery, and boy clothes long before I needed a second clothes closet!

Ineke Vashon
04-25-2013, 08:20 AM
Expanding on the discussion at http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?193811-R-U-this-kind-of-CD-R-there-many-of-us-here-with-no-quot-female-side-quot

Definitely B for me regardless whether lingerie or any other items. And, yes, I believe I have a fem side or I wouldn't be attracted to women's clothes in the first place.

Very thoughtful post, DonnaT.

Ineke

Kate Simmons
04-25-2013, 09:04 AM
This is where total honesty with self comes in Donna. Sometimes we are our own worst enemy in that regard and possibly why we sometimes have a problem progressing in a positive way.:)

sometimes_miss
04-25-2013, 10:22 AM

Doesn't matter who it's made for. If it's feminine and fits, and is the style I want, I like to wear it. I have purchased stuff from xdress.com, but likeanything else, I don't like all the clothes they have. However, as they've been in business for quite a while, it seems that there is a very diverse clientele that buys things from them, so just because I don't like everything they make, other people might. Including women; there are lots of women out there with less than hourglass feminine figures, so if they can get past the label that indicates 'made for men', they might find something that fits them better.
And it's not 'all about the clothes'. It's how I feel, and why, when I'm dressed as a girl, much the same way as when I was a kid. The clothes are a trigger for something else.

No. But then again, I don't believe that it's 'made for women'; it more like it's made to be more likely to fit a certain body shape, whether that body belongs to a man or a woman they don't care. It's made to sell. I think most manufacturers don't really care who wears or uses their products, as long as they BUY them and aren't hurting anyone with them. E.G.; there are people who put child clothing on their pets. Do you think the manufacturers and vendors would refuse to sell to them, or would they try to sell them more?

I don't have a 'fem side'. I'm me all the time.

I believe that those who say they have a 'male side' and a 'fem side' are in denial because they have been brought up in a world where they were taught that for a boy to be feminine in any way is such a terrible, horrible thing, so they must distance those feminine feelings from their 'true male self' as much as they can, because they simply cannot deal with the concept that they ARE feminine. Same with guys here who say they are attracted to men, but ONLY when they're dressed as women. Either a person gets sexually aroused by males or you do not. It does not matter a whit what you're wearing while it happens; unless you're TS, a male who professes to be male and is attracted to other males sexually is having homosexual (HORRORS!) feelings. There's nothing wrong with that, but for some, it takes a long time to accept it. JMHO.

If this little schpeil has helped even one person figure themselves out, all this typing was worth it.

Edit: something I had to add. I don't remember where I heard it, but it was on a TV talk show; some really tall female athlete remarked that thanks to the internet, and the industries catering to transvestites, she finally was able to find clothes and shoes that really fit her six foot plus frame. So she was kind of crossdressing too, by buying clothes initially meant to sell to men, even though they were 'female clothes'. I believe it was one of the woman's nba players, but can't be too sure.

docrobbysherry
04-25-2013, 11:24 AM
Who cares who the clothes r made for? It's only the final result that's important. When I look in the mirror, I want to see a pretty, shapely woman looking back!

And, the other thing is dollars and cents. Since I can fit into ladies sizes, I can buy most things at thrift stores for nearly nothing. And, why should I pay nearly double regular retail prices to buy things online from CD clothes vendors!?

On the other hand, lingerie is worn under your clothes. If it fits and works, what difference does it make who it's made for?

JenniferMBlack
04-25-2013, 11:52 AM
I won't say I have a fem side because I don't feel like I do. For me it is about the clothes. Would I buy lingerie made for men? Maybe if it wasn't so danged expensive. I can't see spending $42 on a bra when I can get one for less then $20, And $25 to $30 for panties when I can buy the ones I like on sale 3 for $18. So maybe my wallet is fem as I can't pass up a bargain or over spend on something.

Debra Russell
04-25-2013, 11:54 AM
A - no

B - Yes

.....and if I dress femm I want to feel femm................................Debra

NicoleScott
04-25-2013, 12:23 PM
I see it as women's clothing but cut for man's build. Sometimes women's clothes fit part but not all of a man's body. Too big here, too small there.

Jocelyn Quivers
04-25-2013, 12:24 PM
A. N/A

B. Yes

C. A femme side that has no desire at all to wear men's lingerie, men's dresses, men's high heels men's intimates etc.

Beverley Sims
04-25-2013, 12:33 PM
Lingerie for men does nothing for me.
It is lingerie for women for me.
I probably have a fem side somewhere.
Just let me get on trying to emulate a woman.
I am not into complicated surveys.

Your question is well thought out Donna it is just that I would have to take a look at my inner self.
I have not got time to do that today.

Megan70
04-25-2013, 12:45 PM
Does nothing I don't HAVE a female side, never did, never want one. I impersonate a woman only... period

B. Does the lingerie have to be made for women, to do it for you? You betcha

See answer to above #1. I just can't get into this metaphysical deep inner soul stuff in my brain. It doesn't go there and won't. Just keep things . simple, fun. and memorable. I'm with Beverly Simms.... but to each their own.

Chickhe
04-25-2013, 01:11 PM
It's totally different... The lingerie look to be for bedroom play... its for the woman who wants a stripper for a husband.