PDA

View Full Version : Female celebrity namesake?

Melanie Sykes
04-25-2013, 04:14 AM
Good morning! While working away this week I happened to notice my name in huge letters in a news article on someone else's computer. It turned out to be this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2313393/Taking-style-maxi-Melanie-Sykes-looks-extra-svelte-clinging-dress-and.html

Until that point I had absolutely no idea that there was someone famous with my name, and having read her Wikipedia page I have *no* idea how I missed her. What about you - anyone here share a name with someone famous?

Rianna Humble
04-25-2013, 05:27 AM
There is a certain Bajan singer who seems to think that there is an H in the middle of my name :winkp:

Don't know if that counts, but I quote her when customers want to remember my name.

Angela Campbell
04-25-2013, 06:56 AM
I too found out the same thing. I chose Ellen because it is very similar to my male name and the second part of the name is what my mom would have named me if I had been born a girl..I chose Ellen Paige and sometime later someone told me there is an actress with the same name.

Beverley Sims
04-25-2013, 02:35 PM
Only me, Beverley Sims.

Karren H
04-25-2013, 02:48 PM
There's another Karen Hutton out there.... does voice overs... female voice talent.... www.karenhutton.com/ no relation... all my Huttons come from KY.... EF Hutton was a distant cousin....

Dana L
04-25-2013, 04:07 PM
I chose Dana Lynn for two reasons. I've always liked the name Dana and Lynn. My favorite and sexiest actress with impeccable taste in shoes is Dana Delany.

chris80
04-25-2013, 04:47 PM
Melanie Sykes is very well known on Telly and as a model. She came to fame in an advert on a ?Manchester canal so you had better like Boddington's beer 'The cream of Manchester'

Chiana
04-25-2013, 07:41 PM
Chiana was a character on the Sci-Fi show "Farscape". Spent a small fortune trying to duplicate her hair style with minor success.