PDA

View Full Version : Did I discover a CDer?

stephNE
04-25-2013, 06:44 AM
I'm an architect, work on residential additions, and yesterday started a new one. The client told me he was divorced and lived there alone, but had two small children that come over on alternate weekends. After we talked, I needed to poke around in the house a little to discover existing bearing walls. In the basement in his laundry room, I saw a number of pieces of lingerie hanging to dry. Hmmmm? I wanted to say "Me too!", but decided to stay quiet.

linda allen
04-25-2013, 07:06 AM
If you want to keep your client, the best thing to do is ignore what you see unless it has a direct relationship to the work you are doing.

monalisa
04-25-2013, 07:17 AM
You could have asked him to come to the basement under the pretense of going over the planned renovation changes which might have opened up some conversation.

deebra
04-25-2013, 01:25 PM
I agree with MonaLisa, if the opportunity comes up again, you should say something that gets him thinking?

Ressie
04-25-2013, 01:33 PM
Just show up as Stephne next time you go over. --Nah!

JenniferR771
04-25-2013, 01:42 PM
Dee is right--you have to out yourself first. Wear earrings. Wait for him to comment.
At most say, "Do these suit my face?"
Or maybe something more subtle--girly sneakers or loafers. A fellow Cd will notice. (wear them with pantyhose.)
Lets think about this...what subtle signs can your wear so other cds might notice. Neutral nail enamal? Light makeup?

Beverley Sims
04-25-2013, 01:46 PM
I would not jepoardise my earning power for a quick outing.
Find a better opportunity later.

mikiSJ
04-25-2013, 02:08 PM
We are so focused on what we do as CDers that we fail to even broach the idea he may have a girlfriend who sometimes leaves some underwear behind for washing!

boink
04-25-2013, 02:15 PM
I would not jepoardise my earning power for a quick outing.
Find a better opportunity later.

We are so focused on what we do as CDers that we fail to even broach the idea he may have a girlfriend who sometimes leaves some underwear behind for washing!
Quoted for truth.

There are many possibilities out there.

Karren H
04-25-2013, 02:18 PM
Is he adding on a secret dressing room?

Wildaboutheels
04-25-2013, 02:32 PM
Maybe he doesn't actually wear them but just likes them hanging there? That would still make him a CDer according to some here but I don't think that would make him a "true" CDer.

I would think that a contractor "poking about" in someone's house would do well to emulate the lawyer/client and doctor/patient protocol.

He might have left them there on purpose OR maybe they don't even belong to him. He might even know YOU are on this site? The possibilities are limitless. I think it unproductive to speculate.

Cheryl Ann Owens
04-25-2013, 02:42 PM
You've got a lot at stake here. First of all don't assume anything and start outing yourself or your client. That could have bad repercussions. Best approach is as some of the girls have said here. Get creative to get your client to out themselves and see how it goes. If everyone is comfortable the conversation may progress to a point where you could know about each other. Then a price discount could be in order for "club" members? LOL!

Cheryl Ann