PDA

View Full Version : It's work to "be" the girl

SheriM
04-25-2013, 08:52 AM
It's easy to put on a pair of panties or bra and girdle in the morning. It's easy to don a fem pair of jeans or top to help with the desire to wear women's clothing. We wear the clothes but don't really try to present as a woman. It is quite something else to "be" the gurl.
It is makeup (more than my wife needs), it's getting a good tuck and putting on the proper foundations and padding to achieve a little bit of fem shape, it's deciding what to wear, skirt, jeans, dress pants, it's putting on the wig, lipstick, earrings, ,etc. It's driving at least an hour away to minimize the chance of being outed, it's packing boy clothes in case the wife gets home first, (don't forget shoes) it's removing every last bit of makeup before getting home.
Why do we do this?
SheriM

Julie Denier
04-25-2013, 08:59 AM
"If it was easy, everybody would do it." - Jimmy Dugan, "A League of Their Own"

Kate Simmons
04-25-2013, 09:00 AM
Mostly because we are able to and have the resources and wherewithall to do it Hon.:)

genevie
04-25-2013, 09:00 AM
I wouldn't unless I wanted to live that way (as a 24/7 woman). Then I would do HRT. But then that's a whole other train. I get tired of just minimal clothes and tuck. No makeup.

MysticLady
04-25-2013, 09:12 AM
Hi Sheri,

Reading your post reminds me so much of a GG. I don't see why a man desiring to look beautiful would recieve so much slack. Oh well,I guess its the world we live in. We do it because we also want to also expose "OUR" beauty.

suchacutie
04-25-2013, 09:17 AM
There is no doubt that we don't do this casually. It's not a passing fancy and it takes an immense amount of intestinal fortitude!

Jorja
04-25-2013, 09:40 AM
Well of course it is work. Anything worthwhile usually is hard work.

Angela Campbell
04-25-2013, 09:59 AM
It is not so hard to be a girl....I can't really help it, but it is very very hard to look like one.

sometimes_miss
04-25-2013, 10:07 AM
I'll admit I don't go through all the trouble to go the whole nine yards trying to pass. Basically, because it's simply impossible, and so, pointless. Should I ever find a girl who would like me to go to all the steps to look as much like a woman as possible, sure, I'll do it. But until then, I see no point in spending an hour on make up etc.. It's work with no reward. If I looked like a beautiful girl when I was done, maybe. But that's not possible. And don't give me any of that 'everyone's beautiful' crap. I'm a linebacker in a dress. Nothing can change that.

MysticLady
04-25-2013, 10:36 AM
And don't give me any of that 'everyone's beautiful' crap. I'm a linebacker in a dress. Nothing can change that.

Is every GG perfect? Your beautiful in "YOUR" own way. Wouldn't it be awful and ever so boring if all the world's birds were seagulls? Though we can't change what you think about yourself but were here to build you up and not tear you down my friend.:)

Chickhe
04-25-2013, 01:32 PM
Sometimes you have to do what you have to do to learn about yourself. The 'why' you have to do a complicated process is because of societies limitations, not yours. The 'why' in the first place...doesn't really matter as long as you know its actually pretty normal. But, one thing I do know, the intensity to dress increases the more you suppress it.

...if you really get serious, it is a lot of work to look decent and many times that reality helps you decide how this activity needs to fit in to your life.

Beverley Sims
04-25-2013, 01:52 PM
Sheri, one day you will not have to make such extensive preparations.

JenniferR771
04-25-2013, 01:58 PM
Why do we do it indeed? And we might ask--why do women do it?
Go to so much trouble to look pretty? Hair, makeup, dresses, pantyhose (sometimes), nails, shoes, shaving legs, jewelry, cute outfits. Think of all the money in those industries, and all the shopping that goes on.
How come?

NicoleScott
04-25-2013, 02:00 PM
Work for some, but fun for others. De-femming isn't much fun, but getting femmed is worth it.

Emogene
04-25-2013, 02:45 PM
I'm with Nicole; the clothing, hair, makeup, etc. is the whole point of it! Why bother if you just want to look like every other linebacker in a dress! Sorry, does not compute!

Danielle8533
05-03-2013, 03:45 PM
Work for some, but fun for others. De-femming isn't much fun, but getting femmed is worth it.

I agree with Nicole, if you got, faunt it!

sometimes_miss
05-05-2013, 12:47 AM
It's work to "be" the girl
It's easy to put on a pair of panties or bra and girdle in the morning. It's easy to don a fem pair of jeans or top to help with the desire to wear women's clothing. We wear the clothes but don't really try to present as a woman. It is quite something else to "be" the gurl.
It is makeup (more than my wife needs), it's getting a good tuck and putting on the proper foundations and padding to achieve a little bit of fem shape, it's deciding what to wear, skirt, jeans, dress pants, it's putting on the wig, lipstick, earrings, ,etc. It's driving at least an hour away to minimize the chance of being outed, it's packing boy clothes in case the wife gets home first, (don't forget shoes) it's removing every last bit of makeup before getting home.
Why do we do this?

That's not being a girl. That's being a crossdresser! And what a wacky world we must sometimes live in!
As to why, well it's different for each of us, but lets just say that everything simply feels better if you feel pretty when you're doing it.

AmyGaleRT
05-05-2013, 02:52 AM
Yes, it takes effort; it takes me at least 40-60 minutes to go from off-the-street guy to camera-ready Amy. But worthwhile things always do. The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary. ;)

And seeing Amy in full glory at the end of the process...it's totally worth it. :battingeyelashes:

- Amy

noeleena
05-05-2013, 03:13 AM
Hi,

What if you are a girl. , what then do we all dress in the manner you are saying or as others have said, oh but of cause you are a male so yes you will find it harder,

The other point is of cause i dont allways get dressed up & as theres no need , no hair , or wig, no makeup just normal daywear, more like my skirt thats comfortable well worn fits well you see im not trying to look like a woman. because you know i am ,

Yet when you think back to ( ya ya you know what ill say ) to Renaissance times men wore makeup wore dress's & so on was it hard for them oh , forgot & the wigs; both men & women of the times , so there you are,

...noeleena...

The detail then was of cause there was no oh dear you cant wear that because it looks feminine or like womens clothes,

Alexis.j
05-05-2013, 03:44 AM
Transforming into someone else (or who you feel inside is great), but going back to my male mode is a real bummer.
I tend to find it fun doing the girly things that go with getting dressed, it makes me feel more "womanly", or is that "girly"? Mmm

BLUE ORCHID
05-05-2013, 06:02 AM
Hi Sheri, The quick & easy answer would be, It's who we are, And it's what we do.

Chardonnay Merlot
05-05-2013, 06:48 AM
It is work to be the girl....But its worth it :)
It's worth it in the 50,000 watt smile on my face when I know I have a look that works for me.

Susan Albright
05-05-2013, 01:32 PM
Just my opinion, but we do it because it is part of who we are.
Have you loooked at the majority of women today?
They seem to got out of their way of to dress as drab as possible. I mean any old top and shorts seems to be the attire for the mall .
We on the other had go the extra mile, nails done, the right skirt, shoes and top.
I remember when women were women and that is what I want to be.

I hope you find continued happiness is being the girl you want to be.

Susan

SheriM
05-05-2013, 02:52 PM
Blue Orchid says it's who we are and it's what we do. (Many others have said much the same thing, maybe using different words.) I would agree. Actually the question wasn't meant to be exactly literal but maybe a little theoretical because we put sooo much work into looking female and at least in my case, the results are suspect. It's also a chore to remove everything and return to boy mode and not near as much fun.
I don't want to be a girl full time but when fully dressed and out, it is certainly fulfilling.
SheriM