PDA

View Full Version : Today's salon visit

Cheryl Ann Owens
04-25-2013, 04:25 PM
Today I bought a gift card for my stylist who waxes my brows, has given me a ton of makeup, and we've become great gurl friends. My wife also visits the same salon and stylist and had an appointment today after work for coloring and a cut. Why did I follow my wife there with an envelope? It was to express my appreciation to our stylist for her friendship, love, and kindness. I told her to open it when she got home.

While we were there, and I hope my wife wasn't uncomfortable, my stylist and I dicussed many things with me regarding a good eye liner, growing out my nails, waxing our arms, etc.. Meanwhile my wife seemed to begin feeling more comfortable. She hasn't come home yet so I'm waiting for feedback.

When I was there last Friday the ladies just smiled after I left and loved how brave I was to be partially en femme! There was NO derrogatory talk. Yippee!

Last Friday I got a trim so my wigs fit better and I got my brows waxed to their final shape. My stylist probably didn't notice but I had applied mascara today. My wife didn't notice!

Baby steps! The best is yet to come!

Cheryl Ann

Jodi
04-25-2013, 06:37 PM
I have said on this MB many times before. Be especially kind to your stylist/manicurist. Tip her well after each service and give her an extra tip at the holiday time. These girls generally are on a 50-55% of the rate that is paid to them. That is--if you pay $20 for a manicure, your manicurist gets 50 or 55% of that. If your manicure lasted 1 hour, she is getting just over minimum wage. Your tip is important to her.

If you are kind to her and tip her well, you will have a friend for life.

Jodi

Cheryl Ann Owens
04-25-2013, 08:42 PM
Oh YES! I am extremely grateful for the love and acceptance my hair stylist gives me! I know that she and her cute boyfriend are struggling in this economy. I am also grateful that I was able to secure my financial future over many years that could also enable me to fully transition if I progress that far. She has been nothing but wonderful for us! She has made a great suggestion about a wig that is right for me and I'm just waiting for her color suggestion. She'll be well taken care of to style it for me. It was really nice to put a smile on her face today! She's on my "lottery list" too if I should be so lucky! I always like to give her a big tip whenever I go there. Even the salon owner is ever SO kind to me! I love to take care of the people who take good care of me! It's karma at its finest, and it doesn't get much better!

Cheryl Ann

Beverley Sims
04-26-2013, 06:06 AM
I bet your wigs looked a lot better after they were trimmed to your facial features.
I know one of mine looked fabulous after a trim.

Danielle8533
05-03-2013, 03:41 PM
I have said on this MB many times before. Be especially kind to your stylist/manicurist. Tip her well after each service and give her an extra tip at the holiday time. These girls generally are on a 50-55% of the rate that is paid to them. That is--if you pay $20 for a manicure, your manicurist gets 50 or 55% of that. If your manicure lasted 1 hour, she is getting just over minimum wage. Your tip is important to her.

If you are kind to her and tip her well, you will have a friend for life.

Jodi

Thanks for the advice!