PDA

View Full Version : Just sent an email to my bosses

Amy A
04-26-2013, 05:37 PM
Hi all,

So after last weekend's drama (breaking up with long term GF, coming out to parents) I told another colleague everything over a pint after work this evening. Once I got home, I typed up an email to my employers, explaining my plans to transition.

I am now awaiting a reply... I'm so nervous!

I work in a small creative company and would count my employers (two partners) as my friends. I love my job and hope that I can continue in it without any problems. I can't believe it's come to this, but it has, I had no choice but to tell them.

Amy :)

Kelly Smith
04-26-2013, 06:00 PM
Good luck Amy. That took great moral courage.

arbon
04-26-2013, 06:52 PM
Hi hope it goes well and they are supportive of what you are doing :)

Barbara Ella
04-26-2013, 08:04 PM
I hope this goes well. You must have had a spark of knowledge about your boss/friends to do this on a spur of the moment, and i pray that you are right.

Barbara

DaniG
04-27-2013, 01:09 AM
Best of luck! I hope they're understanding and support you!

Amy A
04-27-2013, 01:29 AM
I hope this goes well. You must have had a spark of knowledge about your boss/friends to do this on a spur of the moment, and i pray that you are right.

This hasn't been a spur of the moment thing, I've been coming out to friends, colleagues and family over the last couple of months. I had to tell work at some point because I hope to transition in the job, and I need their support. In the end I looked at it this way; I need to transition, so there was no getting out of telling people, and what happens from now on I'll just have to accept and deal with. The law in the UK protects my job but I obviously want everyone to be comfortable with my decisions.

Hopefully at some point today I'll get a response of some kind. It's a strange feeling, knowing that my previously well and long kept secret is now out there.

UPDATE: Had a reply from both company directors, they are 100% supportive and behind me and prepared to help in any way they can :)

DanaM64
04-27-2013, 05:09 AM
Wow!! That is great news... :)

Now request to set up a meeting with the two of them to make a game plan to ensure a smooth transition in the office.

Good luck and enjoy the rest of your weekend! (Up on cloud 9)

wanagione
04-27-2013, 05:46 AM
Good Luck Amy, I hope it all goes as planned for you!

Deborah_UK
04-27-2013, 06:29 AM
Great news - that's another worry/hurdle out of the way.

Have you decided on a date to go F/T yet?

Lady Catherine
04-27-2013, 07:26 AM
Glad to see you are getting the acceptance you deserve. Good luck with your journey.

Amy A
04-27-2013, 11:21 AM
Now request to set up a meeting with the two of them to make a game plan to ensure a smooth transition in the office.

I'm going for lunch with them this week to do just that :)

Have you decided on a date to go F/T yet?

I haven't as yet; I am waiting to find out when my first appointment with the GIC is, and I also need my hair to grow long enough to at least get extensions.

It's a huge weight off my mind, I can't believe I've made it this far, and I can't wait to get started!