PDA

View Full Version : Re-uniting with an old friend (shock and awe)

I Am Paula
04-26-2013, 11:40 PM
My former business partner called to ask if I would look over a run down house he was considering for a flip. He had not seen me since me for many years, as I left the reno industry, quite a while ago. He had NO idea what I look like now.
I pulled into the driveway, and he and the real estate agent were chatting. I got out of my car, wearing red suede heels, black dress pants, a white crepe blouse with a red cami underneeth, and carrying a Coach purse, and my femme briefcase.
As I walked up the drive I could clearly tell he had no clue who I was. As I got closer, I took off my sunglasses so he could get a better look. On recognition, he became totally dumbfounded. I wish I could have photographed that look. The agent looked just as confused, as I'm sure my freind had said 'There he is now' or something as I drove up.
I introduced myself to both of them as Celeste.
We toured the house, and I declared it $70,000 overpriced. The R.E. agent was astounded, and said that was exactly his impression. We had a good long chat, catching up with the years, and other than lots of missed/mixed pronouns there was no problem.
I'm sure he had some great dinnertime conversation with his wife.

Barbara Ella
04-26-2013, 11:50 PM
And I will just bet you could not keep the great big smile off your face during the meeting. Glad it went so well.

Barbara

Rogina B
04-26-2013, 11:57 PM
Should have said" same me in a new package" when he didn't initially figure out who was standing there. And you showed them you hadn't lost any knowledge in the repackaging process either!

Beverley Sims
04-27-2013, 01:48 PM
You believe in giving shock treatment don't you Celeste.
I am pleased it was a good outcome for you.

Cheryl Ann Owens
04-27-2013, 02:44 PM
Should have said" same me in a new package" when he didn't initially figure out who was standing there. And you showed them you hadn't lost any knowledge in the repackaging process either!

LOL!!! LMAO! Good for you Celeste! I'd love to do this with someone I used to work with who long ago was an A$$**** bully and use Rogina's quote above. He was never a friend but I'd love to embarass the he** out of transphobic him.

Cheryl Ann

CynthiaD
04-27-2013, 03:24 PM
Good for you Celeste! No kid gloves for you!

Sometimes when we "prepare others for the shock" or offer explanations, it seems almost like we're apologizing for what we are. And what have we got to apologize for anyway?

I Am Paula
04-27-2013, 11:05 PM
Quick follow up. My friend called this morning. He's bought the house, and asked if I can do the reno. I'm retired, but offered to be general contractor. Then he asked if I work 'as Celeste'. Absolutely. I've got my pink hardhat and boots. It'll be Celeste's first time bossing around sweaty tradesmen. I'm looking forward to the combination of boobs and a nailgun.

Lady Slipper
04-27-2013, 11:39 PM
Sounds like fun Celeste. :heehee:

flatlander_48
04-28-2013, 09:30 AM
I'm looking forward to the combination of boobs and a nailgun.

...although not in proximity...

flatlander_48
04-28-2013, 09:32 AM
Good for you Celeste! No kid gloves for you!

Sometimes when we "prepare others for the shock" or offer explanations, it seems almost like we're apologizing for what we are. And what have we got to apologize for anyway?

True, but then again, I wouldn't want to be responsible for anyone swallowing their tongue...

DW
04-28-2013, 09:40 AM
So, are you getting a CD crew together? I am an electrician:)

ArleneRaquel
04-28-2013, 12:18 PM
Fantastic story, I'm glad that it all turned out so well. I would love to see a pic of you supervising the renovation. HUGZ !

BLUE ORCHID
04-28-2013, 09:07 PM
Hi Celeste, I hope you know how to do CPR. you could've giving him a heart attack.