PDA

View Full Version : A rite of passage?

Helen_Highwater
04-27-2013, 05:14 PM
I have 2 coats size 18 tall (5'10" and over), I'm 5'10" and they fit me. The sleeves are the correct length and just right in the shoulders. Size 18 blouses/shirts/tees again fit. Size 16 skirts when worn with bum and hip pads fit me just so. I’m size 9 in a shoe/boot which are now becoming more readily available on the high street and main stream online retailers. I have wigs in styles that would suit a woman of my age.

My style is modest/classy and if with heels only up to 2”. I like to think my deportment and mannerisms are such to be typical of the average mature GG.

So why do I feel so conspicuous when I go out in public even at night? Is it because we notice taller women and that in itself draws looks or is it because despite being in clothes that fit there’s something about our male build that isn’t camouflaged by our attire?

Or is it paranoia born of my relative inexperience of being out there because there are times when I get to relax and enjoy the experience that I begin to feel that bit more inconspicuous and think perhaps Max Factor has worked it’s magic after all.

Lynn Marie
04-27-2013, 05:46 PM
Some girls have a tough time relaxing and enjoying the experience of being out the door. They continually watch the faces of people at the other tables or in the stores to see if they are noticing this tall girl with broad shoulders, big hands, and a dusky voice. As best I can say to you, Helen, is that you simply must go out, take care of your business and ignore everyone you aren't dealing with face to face. If you notice a smile on their faces, just take as appreciation for your good looks! If you look, you'll see people noticing you. Maybe 1 out of every 20 CD's can actually pass. The rest of us simply strut our best stuff like we're the only pretty girl on the planet! It's all about fearlessnes and the confidence that follows.

Michelle 51
04-27-2013, 05:52 PM
Some of it is our height.Even tall gg's get looked at.In our case we are a bit paranoid or I am.I'll find a seat in the mall sometimes and just let the world go by.I feel like I'm blending in better when I sit and let the nerves settle a little before walking around or I'll find a coffee shop and just tuck away to the side and enjoy the feeling of being femme.

Jenniferathome
04-27-2013, 06:00 PM
...So why do I feel so conspicuous when I go out in public even at night? ....

Because you ARE a guy in a dress or skirt. You can't stop that fact, so go out and enjoy being out.

Lisa Jeffreys
04-27-2013, 10:13 PM
Or is it paranoia born of my relative inexperience of being out there because there are times when I get to relax and enjoy the experience that I begin to feel that bit more inconspicuous and think perhaps Max Factor has worked it’s magic after all.

It's just paranoia. I was sure that my camisole and bra straps sprouted blinking lights of their own in the back and that everyone could clearly see I was underdressing at work. I have never had a problem and don't even think about it now. Wearing a camisole is just as natural as wearing a t-shirt used to be, just much prettier.

If your avatar is you standing in the road you look very female to me at a quick and distant glance. That's about all anyone gives anyone else these days so relax and show me how to do it, I have gone out stealth cross dressed but never obviously so.

XOXO
Lisa

I Am Paula
04-27-2013, 10:42 PM
It's all about confidence. Own the situation, and the feeling you're being watched either goes away, or you stop caring.

MonctonGirl
04-28-2013, 01:29 AM
I know how you feel! At 5'10", I use high heel boots to get the feminine look, but still feel like I'm a beacon for attention. So I go to places where there are TALL women! Malls, etc. and where it means nothing.

ALSO ... I try to get my hips padded so that they are almost as wide as my shoulders and that gives a more believable shape - and the twice I've been out dressed, I don't believe anyone made me as a dude because I was with a GG and even her friends didn't know until she told them .... of course I did not SPEAK though.

GirlieAmanda
04-28-2013, 02:00 AM
I am 5'10" I feel like I am neither tall nor short. Maybe on the higher side of female range but not model height. People just think I am a little taller than average. I don't like to do too many heels either. Special occasions. They hurt my knees a little.

Cheryl T
04-28-2013, 09:41 AM
You feel that way because you believe that the entire world is looking at YOU!
I felt that way when I went out the first few times and then I began to watch others and saw that they rarely watched me. They were all too busy in their own little world and that allowed me to relax and just be me. It doesn't hurt either that I'm old enough now to not give a S$%T what they think anyway...LOL.

BTW, I'm 6' in stocking feet....

Beverley Sims
04-28-2013, 12:49 PM
I think it is a little paranoia.
More getting out raises confidence and you look around less furtively then.

BLUE ORCHID
04-28-2013, 02:51 PM
Hi Helen , Don't let it get to you everyone is so wrapped up in their own little world that they don't care about you.

Tracii G
04-28-2013, 03:05 PM
Just act like you are meant to be where you are.
I don't look to see who looking at me.Most women I know don't look either.
Sometimes you will make eye contact with people but if you are dressed nicely or the same as most women that is what they see first the outfit and think female.
Upon further looking they may realize you are a guy but by that time you have passed them and they go about their business and forget all about you.

Ms. Laura
04-29-2013, 11:59 AM
I'm right there with you. I've only been among the general public once and I felt like my synthetic hair was on FIRE! The gals here helped me calm down. I haven't made it out again yet, but plan to. Good luck!