PDA

View Full Version : How important is it?

Kate Simmons
04-28-2013, 06:07 AM
Just how important is dressing to you? Is it just something you do or is it a real part of you that you take ownership of? For myself, it is a vehicle I have utilized to outwardly express my inner feelings and being able to do that makes me happy. I'm wondering how others feel about this.:)

Jenni Yumiko
04-28-2013, 08:16 AM
It's not required to do per se'. I don't fiend, but my anxiety ratchets up pretty quickly if I don't. I also tend to overcompensate my male side the longer I go. I can go a week or two 100% guy mode if I'm working, about 4 if I'm on vacation with the family. Before all of this starts.
So I would say pretty important for my sense of balance.

NicoleScott
04-28-2013, 08:22 AM
Whether we are driven to dress by a strong internal feminine identity or dress because it's sexually exciting, there is a powerful compulsion to dress. So I would say that yes, it is important.

Sabrina133
04-28-2013, 09:09 AM
Extremely important. While i dress as a man at work and am ok with that, i change into something feminine as soon as i get home. Dressing feminine is a fundamental part of who i am.

Cheryl T
04-28-2013, 09:30 AM
It's most certainly a part of me that requires expression.

Lynn Marie
04-28-2013, 09:52 AM
Dressing is extremely important to me. It really might be the perfect hobby obsession!

Erica Marie
04-28-2013, 10:22 AM
Ohh this could be a tough one for alot of us. For me dressing is a way to outwardly express my feminine side. Do I have to, no. Do I want to, yes. But wether I am dressed in male or female attire does not change who I am. Now the question, I am I male or female. At times I believe I am a mix of both.

SheriM
04-28-2013, 11:58 AM
I think about it way too much. I dress way too much. It has become a very big part of my life. So it must be very important to me.

Beverley Sims
04-28-2013, 12:07 PM
I would give a similar reply to Nicole as to the reasons, and it is important to dress.

Acastina
04-28-2013, 04:41 PM
To be completely honest, it's as important a part of my life as anything else. Even when I'm engaged in any number of other necessary or fun activities, the thoughts are always there. If it's deprived for any extended period of time, the drumbeat just gets louder until I have to find the time and opportunity. How it is addressed, after decades of dealing with it on pretty much the front burner, takes many more forms today than it did earlier, a lot of them the kind of daily maintenance that GGs do, and I seem to be spending more and more time in a state of plausibly deniable androgyny. In my mid-60s, living in my home town where many people know for many reasons, I just kind of let it take its course and follow the ebbs and flows of the compulsion.

No way would I purge or try to will myself to just not do it; it's a permanent and important part of me.

ArleneRaquel
04-28-2013, 04:54 PM
I fear that I must dress everyday, in fact I would feel "naked" wearing male garb, except where it is necessry. I must drees feminine or so I feel that my "inner voice" is telling me.

Sami
04-28-2013, 04:54 PM
For me it's a big part of who I am I spend way to much time looking at styles make up and all things fem it's really a compulsion and in some ways an obsession there is no way I could go without dressing up fully so it's very important to me and my well being.

Sharon B.
04-28-2013, 07:03 PM
It is important for me to dress, just wish I could find an understanding woman who wouldn't mind that I enjoy dressing as a woman.

Diversity
04-28-2013, 07:06 PM
I find dressing to be a release of the anxiety I feel when I have not been able to express a part of my feminine side, which I am now discovering. I find a peacefulness in dressing and a thrill in every opportunity I get. In answer to your question, it is important to me and continue to explore this inner spirit which has now awakened.
Di

Cheryl Ann Owens
04-28-2013, 07:15 PM
I dress whenever I can because, well, I can and it's my being or nature for lack of a better way to describe it. I just feel I am a woman. I don't always get all dolled up including makeup unless I'm in the mood, just like a woman going out for a special occasion. Most of the time I dress casual like any woman would going shopping at Walmart. I dress for comfort, and women's clothing gives me that comfort. Imagine a woman forced to wear clunky male clothing and cotton briefs! Yuk!

Cheryl

EmilyPith
04-28-2013, 07:24 PM
It is very important. I find that, like many have already stated, I have a lot of anxiety if I go too long without it.
But it's better than anything I have found to make me feel at peace. Plus, it's mostly harmless.
Mostly.
When I can keep from getting cranky and over-analytic about it.

Angie G
04-28-2013, 07:44 PM
It's not just something I do. It is a very big part of the me inside.And I thank God my wife knows and lets me be me if I'm a he or a she at the moment.:hugs:
Angie

ShelbyDawn
04-28-2013, 07:53 PM
Ya know, some women put on baggy sweats, some men hang out in boxers and a T-shirt, I dress en-femme. Its just what I do to get comforable. For some reason, I even sleep better en-femme(uincluding my bra and forms) than I do drab.
And, yes, it is a very im portant part of who I am.

SharonDD
04-28-2013, 08:26 PM
I enjoy every moment Sharon gets. I have been trying to exercise my stomach a little flatter with 55 minute ab routine and 50 minutes on the treadmill all in my living room, shorts, sports bra, bra and forms. I also sleep better while being Sharon.

BLUE ORCHID
04-28-2013, 08:55 PM
Hi Kate, It's just who I am and It's what I do it's as much a part of me as any thing male is a part of me.

CherylFlint
05-23-2013, 02:37 AM
Important as breathing.

Tracii G
05-23-2013, 02:58 AM
Its very important to me too.

Frédérique
05-23-2013, 09:37 PM
Just how important is dressing to you?

Important, but not as important as other things. At this point in time I can take it or leave it – I’ve done enough to satisfy my curiosity, but I do my share. Dressing and not dressing are the same space when you really don’t have to do it. Meanwhile, I can still THINK like a crossdresser, but the “landscape” has definitely changed…
:straightface:

Angela Campbell
05-23-2013, 09:39 PM
It is just a part of me. I do it because it is the only way I have found to make me look like a girl. That is all I want is to look like I am inside.

Alice Torn
05-23-2013, 09:48 PM
I am in male clothes I guess, about 98% of the time, doing blue collar, physical work, and helping my difficult 92 year old father. I would like to dress more, but usually am too tired. It is a lot of work getting dolled up! I can live without dressing, but, i would think about it a lot, and have more stress and anxiety than i already have, which is lots! My toxic family of origin makes sure of that. The hell never ends.

MissTee
05-23-2013, 11:15 PM
Can't explain why, but I become almost emotionally unbearable if I can't dress periodically. It's like there's two parts of me and both need some time "out." So, I say it's a very important part of me remaining tethered to a healthy emotional state.

Jessica Who
05-23-2013, 11:17 PM
It's a part of who I am, and though I wouldn't die without it, I wouldn't be able to express the femininity that always exists inside of me.

Annie M
05-23-2013, 11:49 PM
It was important early on teens and 20's. However the root issue fore me is that I am very body dysmorphic about my masculine look, I always felt female. Can't explain that feeling in words it just was. Since I began to develop a more female body I have found I can accept myself. It is though I had been repaired. Cross-dressing, ok, but a physical change is better. I love wearing woman's clothing but for me it was not the driving force

Ceri Anne
05-24-2013, 12:03 AM
Its just something I experimented with "out of curiosity" for a long time until it suddenly clicked and I told myself "I can do this" It is diffidently a part of who I am, but not all of who I am. So it is important to me.

Jessica86
05-24-2013, 12:07 AM
Almost as necessary as breathing! I get more and more cranky without my panties! That's what my wife says.

Jacqueline Winona
05-24-2013, 12:15 AM
A part of me, but not the biggest. Its something I obviously enjoy, but its just an activity, not truly something I have to do, not something I miss all that much when I don't, and not something that I could not live without. But, it never goes away (even though I can go months without it), and something that I have no desire to do without.