PDA

View Full Version : The urge to be more feminine now becoming more important than dressing

Alexis.j
04-28-2013, 10:21 AM
Anyone felt like this before? Recently I've started having the desire to be more "womanly" in other ways than just dressing up. The way I walk is also changing. ..I still love dressing up, don't get me wrong, its just that im not feeling complete or satisfied in my mind/ soul.
Is this just a phase which we go through? Something to be concerned about?
At the moment im just taking my life one day at a time, with a open mind.
I used to always worry about what other people think of me, but I think thats changing as well.
Dunno, maby im just loony, lol:brolleyes:

Erica Marie
04-28-2013, 10:24 AM
I am totally with you on this one. My appearance and traits could be a mix of both genders. At times I wonder is there a gender in between?

Kate Simmons
04-28-2013, 10:40 AM
It's different for everyone Hon. The bottom line is at this point I can fulfill either role with no problems.:)

Stephanie47
04-28-2013, 11:12 AM
I've found wearing a dress and heels and a wig almost forces you to adopt womanly gestures. The hair requires brushing those lose hairs off the face. Sitting down in a dress requires smoothing the skirt with the hands as one descends onto the chair. Crossing the legs at the knees requires pulling the skirt or dress down so it does not ride up. Sagging hosiery needs to be pulled up. A wayward bra strap needs to be adjusted. Wearing high heels requires different strides than if wearing athletic shoes. None of these things needs to be done, when I am in male mode.

Somehow my identities do not cross over!

Beverley Sims
04-28-2013, 11:50 AM
I think as you progress you practice all the time and some traits become more natural.

LynnR
04-28-2013, 12:12 PM
I can definitely identify with this. I'm much more feminine in terms of gestures and the way I walk than I used to be. And it's not as though I forced this on myself. Quite often I'll suddenly realise I've performed a particular feminine gesture without even thinking about it - and those instances are becoming more frequent. It feels like it has become a natural part of me.

Karren H
04-28-2013, 12:31 PM
Oh yeah.... I was thinking about that this week.... trying to figure out if my drive to make my body more feminine is bordering on self mutilation or not...... the jury is still out.....

Alexis.j
04-28-2013, 01:26 PM
Thanx for the advice ladies.
O and Emily, thanx for sharing that. Your "wife" is very lucky to have someone like you.

Ciara Brianne
04-28-2013, 01:52 PM
Yes, I feel the same way. I noticed just today, how feminine my walking gate has become, without even trying. Used to be I only really walked like a girl when I was in heels...I was barefoot today.

Ciara:<3:

BLUE ORCHID
04-28-2013, 01:58 PM
Hi Alexis, I notice myself doing things like that.

carhill2mn
04-28-2013, 02:12 PM
If you are "loony", so am I!

For many years, due to circumstances, I was rarely able to "dress" completely. As my circumstances changed, I was able to acquire decent wigs, wardrobe, jewelry, etc. and learned to do my makeup. With advice from a GG friend I was able to present a better image in public.

While these things were happening I also began making more of an effort to act lady-like. Even when I was home alone I made every effort to act like a lady at all times. I did not want to be a "man-in-a-dress".

This paid off in that when I was out in public I did not have to spend a lot effort thinking about how I should be acting. Thus, I now feel comfortable in any situation.

I Am Paula
04-28-2013, 09:54 PM
There comes a moment when you stop being a guy in a dress, and become the girl of your dreams. It's different for everybody, but you know it when it has happened.
You're not loony, just evolving.

ArleneRaquel
04-28-2013, 09:58 PM
I hope that I'm not a boy in a dress any more, after 50+ years of doing this I had better gotten better at it.. Best Wishes in your journey.

Christine.Lolita
04-28-2013, 10:02 PM
I totally feel you. I think many of us have the desire to be and feel more feminine.

Chari
04-28-2013, 10:31 PM
We are all individuals and should, IMO do what we feel is best for the moment. Trying to understand our feminine needs can & does get confusing, and many times it can become frightening. As you said, "take one day at a time", be comfortable and confident however you are presenting, and enjoy your life.

Rachel Morley
04-29-2013, 12:18 AM
Recently I've started having the desire to be more "womanly" in other ways than just dressing up. The way I walk is also changing. ..I still love dressing up, don't get me wrong, its just that im not feeling complete or satisfied in my mind/ soul.
I think I know what you mean. If like me you dress fairly often, both at home and going out, and all my public socializing is done in femme mode. Well, it kind of gets into your physic mind and you find that all your feminine deportment becomes "somewhat autopilot" in boy mode. The way I sit, stand, gesture, go to the restroom and to some extent, even partially use my femme voice all "bleed over" into my boy mode. I find that the now "normal me" in boy mode is more womanly than it has ever been before. I suspect that regular joe blow public thinks I'm as gay as hell (because they inaccurately associate feminine mannerisms with sexual preference) ... anyway, whatever... I like this new me that wears her feminine side on her sleeve... even in (girly) boy mode.

joan47
04-29-2013, 07:14 AM
I am with you Rachel, over the last 5 years I have become very feminine. 98% girls clothes, arylic nails painred a light pink in male mode, very thin arched eyebrows, light makeup, shaved everywhere, ear rings, painted toe nails, purse and I am walking more feminine every day

Hanlie
04-29-2013, 09:47 AM
I completely understand what you mean. I started too feel more feminine even when I am not dressed. This coincided with acceptance of who I am. Climbing of the rollercoaster of dressing and purging freed me and released the complete person, a more feminine and more balanced one. Just my thoughts on the subject.

Hanlie

Alexis.j
04-29-2013, 10:47 AM
Thank you to everyone for your input, suggestions and advice. I really appreciate it a lot. The only friends I can talk to and that can relate are on this site.
Lotsa love

Sabrina133
04-29-2013, 01:21 PM
without a doubt. While in the Army, i was very mascline acting (mostly and act) to hid the fact that i was a CD and effeminite when acting naturally. Now that am out, i've become naturally feminine in most anything i do even when in drab. Pretty much the only exception is my voice.

Cheryl Ann Owens
04-29-2013, 05:36 PM
For me it's not so much an urge but a natural progression as I let go and just let me be myself. For years it was a great feeling to express my femininity wearing whatever brought me to that state. Today I still enjoy that but it has become a natural thing for me to dress as a woman in typical clothes and be who I feel I am most of the time, as most women will, and doing the usual things around the house. Now if I were able to attend a wedding or formal occasion en femme, I'd be wearing one of my new maxi-dresses and having my hair stylist styling my wig and doing some stunning makeup on me!

Cheryl

KellyJameson
04-29-2013, 06:00 PM
Body movement when it is unconsciously done is hardwired into your brain so it sounds like you are allowing yourself to move in ways more natural to you.

Here is an interesting link between body movement and sexuality but I suspect the same influences apply regardless of ones sexuality

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/09/070911102649.htm

You may feel looney because you are going against your social conditioning and being more true to your own natural way of living.

JenniferLynn0370
04-29-2013, 10:38 PM
Not a day goes by that I don't think about being more feminine; I constantly critique myself on manerisms, gestures, etc. regardless of how I'm dressed.

NathalieX66
04-29-2013, 10:43 PM
Not a day goes by that I don't think about being more feminine; I constantly critique myself on manerisms, gestures, etc. regardless of how I'm dressed.

Yeah, right?

Me, if I can look as gender ambiguous as possible, so I can play on either side of the tracks is fine with me.