PDA

View Full Version : How can I pull off gurl,while heavily tattoo'd?

Mikaylagirl
04-29-2013, 12:19 AM
I could use a little input for those who don't mind to do so.
I am heavily tattoo'd. I mean,sleeved left arm the whole way down across my fingers,rib cage,upper right arm,left butt cheek/thigh,right thigh,right calf from knee to foot,left ankle,entire back,belly,mid torso,collar bone from shoulder to shoulder and neck/throat.
All of my tat's are very nice pieces of art. No bleeding skulls,demons or stuff like that.
Here's my dilemma. I like strappy micro mini dresses,strappy pleated dresses.
Is this a good look?
I see gg's heavily tat'd and they look great.
I have a thin frame (5'8" 150lbs) and very thin legs. I got the slim gurl figure,but my confidence lacks when I pass the mirror.
I mean,"I" think it looks "ok". Just curious if any other gurls are tattoo'd as heavily and how others view us gurls that are.
I'm gonna try to get some pics tomorrow to post.

whowhatwhen
04-29-2013, 12:29 AM
I've seen plenty of girls with extensive artwork that looked absolutely amazing.
I have none myself so all I can say is that you'll probably get noticed a lot more.

Rachelakld
04-29-2013, 01:02 AM
I've seen lots of tv ads for thin lizzy but.....
I personally think you should just dress as you want, and enjoy life.

Wildaboutheels
04-29-2013, 02:14 AM
Honestly? I have lived in Florida for the last 54 years. Florida, where skin is on display almost year round because of our weather. I have never seen even a guy tatted up like you are describing, so I can only guess that a scantily clad female [at least here in this state - OK, Tampa] would likely fall under extra scrutiny. Maybe it's more common in other states because one could more easily hide them when or if needed. It might be quite common for younger folks or at clubs for all I know.

Jessica_NZ
04-29-2013, 03:11 AM
I have a few tats - calf, forearm, upper arm and middle shoulders just below my neck. Easy to cover up in guy mode, but not so easy in girl mode. I have tried a few products (thin lizzy was one as mentioned below) and nothing really works as it tends to rub off quite quickly or doesnt cover up very well. I have taken to wearing a tie up sheer long sleeve top to try and hide these, but you can still see them. I just deal with it now. Not that I go out, mostly at home and the odd excursion on close friends houses. But I dont overly care about them now, they are very much "guy" tattoos and stand out but oh well. I'm 6'4" without heels, so I stand out anyway.

So to answer your questions, it sounds like you have the frame to pull a good look off, so just be proud and display them! I love the pinup/rockabilly look and alot of gg's who dress that way have plenty of tattoos. Be proud of them and and dont worry about! Who knows, maybe people will be blinded by the ink and completly miss the fact your a guy is a dress? Just a thought :)

punkypunk
04-29-2013, 04:21 AM
Nowhere near as many as you, but still quite a few. Ya just gotta own it mate, I don't let it bothr me n I don't think it intrferes with passing much.

Beverley Sims
04-29-2013, 04:46 AM
I agree with Punky Punk.
Also you will get noticed a lot more.
If you cover up you will decrease your chances of standing out.

Lady Panda
04-29-2013, 06:34 AM
If you want to conceal your tats here is a product developed by Kat von D ...yess the tattoo artist ...... that is supposed to be amazing ...heres the link where to get it
http://www.sephora.com/tattoo-concealer-P231113

It's supposed to be fairly water resistent and great coverage ...they say no caking or creasing

There is also an alternative magazine for tatted/pierced girls and guys that show the beauty of being tatted and the girls they are very lovely ....my daughter was even in a couple of photo spreads for this magazine
https://www.facebook.com/#!/GorgeousFreaks.AltModels?fref=ts

http://www.google.com/search?q=gorgeous+freaks+magazine&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Bl1-UcPGI-fwiwLQv4DoDQ&sqi=2&ved=0CFgQsAQ&biw=1008&bih=695

Mikaylagirl
04-29-2013, 11:03 AM
It sounds as I should go with the thought of "don't let it be a bother". Thank you all for your thoughts and input.
From my youth till now (45yrs old),I've been crossdressing all the while in male mode,getting inked. Never thinking of the two inner mixing. Due to I've never felt the need or want to be "out" in public. Until recently,with a decision to vacation in sunny Van Nuys/Burbank,California,where I'll be "out" for my first official time.
Jessica_cd...good call. Never thought about possibly going witht he angle of a pinup girl/rockabilly style. Very interesting.
Thanks all once again!

sometimes_miss
04-29-2013, 11:19 AM
There are plenty of women who have lots of tattoos. they're just not usually noticable because they tend to wear long sleeves and pants, as most of them don't want to advertise that fact while at work......or at least, where I work. I know several women who are almost covered with tattoos, and none of them seem to feel or act less feminine than their non 'inked' sisters. Tattoos are a personal preference, like any other visable thing about a person. They turn me off, but others are turned on by them.

ShelbyDawn
04-29-2013, 09:23 PM
Don't worry about it. I had dinner at a local sports bar this evening and my waitress had tiger stripes all over her back as well as shoulder and arm tats and a cute little one just above her bikini line in front. Not that I was going oput of my way to notivce but, She was HOT! :)