PDA

View Full Version : Do we crossdressers have an advantage over "normal", alpha-type males...

Leslie Langford
04-29-2013, 10:06 AM
...mainly because we embrace our feminine side, are not intimidated by women and, in fact - admire and want to emulate them?

http://intentblog.com/as-alpha-women-emerge-men-retreat-in-the-bedroom/

Kate Simmons
04-29-2013, 10:08 AM
Don't get me started Leslie, I can become a real alpha female when in femme mode. ;):battingeyelashes::)

Amanda M
04-29-2013, 10:36 AM
One advantage over the average Alpha male is that we don't get scars from our knuckles dragging on the ground.....

Beverley Sims
04-29-2013, 11:08 AM
I know when I was younger and dressed I had better interaction with girls than my other friends.

Tracii G
04-29-2013, 11:13 AM
Always had more girl friends than guy friends.
My guy friends never could get to second base with 99% of them.I never tried to but managed to.
They told me I was nicer than the other guys because I liked what they liked.
Still friends with a lot of them to this day.

sometimes_miss
04-29-2013, 11:15 AM
And advantage, how? Sure, I understand women better than the average guy, but that understanding is way more than offset by the fact that most women don't want any intimate relationship with a crossdresser, so much so that I've about given up on even trying anymore. In fact, learning to understand them has nothing to do with my crossdressing, I learned the dynamics of relationships while generally reading a ton of psychology books, not information specifically connected with crossdressing.

Karren H
04-29-2013, 11:16 AM
Any advantages we could have are off set by equal and opposite disadvantages and are highly dependent whether your SO is an alpha female or not...

Lorileah
04-29-2013, 12:19 PM
when chores are divvied up and men do things NOT required of them as men...Seems to me the amount of sex would increase. If you are so intimidated by being equal...then you need more than a little blue pill

busker
04-29-2013, 12:42 PM
I think men of all stripes suffer from fragile egos and the "real" alpha male may be more myth than reality. If one means by alpha male a guy who totes a 45 caliber in his holster I suppose. The modern alpha male I see in my mind's eye is is the one who beats his wife, drinks to access, hits his children. No thanks. Mr macho does cry I'm afraid but in ways that are harmful to society. Boston might be a recent example.
Leslie, on that same blog there is a more interesting article
http://intentblog.com/20-photos-of-iranian-men-dressed-in-drag-to-support-gender-equality-slideshow/
20 Iranian men dressed in drag to support gender equality
Now these guys could easily be alpha males--especially coming from Iran where women are 3rd or 4th class citizens, after the animals.
a quote from one of the men:
"There lies such sanctity in woman’s clothing that not every man deserves to wear one"

busker
04-29-2013, 12:54 PM
.. are not intimidated by women and, in fact - admire and want to emulate them?

No, I have had an occasion where I was definitely intimidated by a woman that I accidentally cut off in traffic. She was ready to punch out my lights until I wimpered and she backed off. And no, i don't really understand them still and not all here admire and want to emulate women in your sense of the word. There are just cross dressers, fetishists, several gay members and likely others for whom this would not fit. and, I think that those things come from a male point of view, as I am generally skeptical that women emulate or admire other women unless something extraordinary happens , e.g. Betty Ford, Bella Abzug, Eleanor Roosevelt, Indira Gandhi, etc.

Lucy_Bella
04-29-2013, 12:56 PM
I think it would be fair to say that it's been posted in here on numerous occasions for those who wish women would accept them and how rare it is to find one that does..I would say the Alpha male if you mean someone who doesn't act Fem .holds the advantage ..Women are attracted masculinity ( on average)..Depends on the female..

deebra
04-29-2013, 02:59 PM
Definately YES, we get to be two people and enjoy both genders (and those beautiful, soft , feminine, sexy clothes).

I Am Paula
04-29-2013, 10:22 PM
How should I know? I was picked last in gym class, and regularly stuffed in lockers. GG's always liked me tho', and wanted me to hang with them. So who got the last laugh?

suchacutie
04-29-2013, 10:38 PM
I think the biggest advantage can be summed up in the statement that we will never make:

one frustrated guy to another over a beer, "I'll NEVER understand women!!!"

The fact is that we try completely to understand women! It makes a difference!

Chickhe
04-30-2013, 01:34 AM
Not for me...I'm still intimidated by women. I can emulate them, but no way can I match the emotional scorn of an angry woman...

LilSissyStevie
04-30-2013, 11:53 AM
The answer has to be a resounding "NO!" As the article points out, "Women prefer pirates, vampires and Christian Grey." A man having a "feminine side" is the kiss of death for the vast majority of women. They don't want to be understood by dudes. Fortunately, not all women are the same but you'll have to work a little harder to find one compatible with your nature.

Greenie
04-30-2013, 05:16 PM
The answer has to be a resounding "NO!" As the article points out, "Women prefer pirates, vampires and Christian Grey." A man having a "feminine side" is the kiss of death for the vast majority of women. .

You know whats funny. The feminine things are what made me fall in love with him. My SO has always been a little "feminine" even before he told me that he was a CD. He is emotional. He cries with me when we watch sad movies. He loves to go shopping with me. He likes to help me pick out outfits and go get massages and pedicures with me. These are all things that I loved that a "normal hetero dude" would do with me. Had he been your regular guy I don't think he would have been as into those things and I might nit have fallen in love with him. Maybe that's why acceptance for this CDing thing has been a "little" easier. Because I realize that the feminine qualities stem from this and without it I might not love him as much. :)