PDA

View Full Version : More male to female crossdressers ?????

deebra
04-29-2013, 03:24 PM
Would you like to see more male to female crossdressers in society? For example would you like to see men shopping in the women's section in department stores, trying on, buying and wearing womens clothing in public. This could be just a few things such as jeans, blouse, shoes and a little makeup or totally woman. Would you like to see women accepting and encouraging their men to start dressing this way? Remember when the Beatles came over and all the guys grew their hair long just like women, a lot of the cuts were unisex. Then came men wearing one, then two earings. Could women's clothing become uniclothing????

Cheryl Ann Owens
04-29-2013, 03:34 PM
Would you like to see more male to female crossdressers in society?

We've probably seen more than we know yet never knew they were CD. I know I have!

Cheryl

Maria S
04-29-2013, 03:44 PM
This is going to sound completely selfish and I'm sure many on this forum will disagree but no I would not want to see more crossdressers in society. I prefer to keep it to the elite few who can easily blend in with other females in society. If it were more the norm it would be the norm if you know what I mean like women wearing trousers and no one thinking any more of it.

Maria

Karren H
04-29-2013, 03:52 PM
If it means more competition at the clearance sales.... hell no! Plus if they are going to be wearing womens jeans.... I really don't want to see more of them.... they can stay home in the closet...

Sabrina133
04-29-2013, 03:52 PM
I say to each his own. What i would like to see is is revocation of laws that criminalizes wearing clothing of the opposite gender. You cant inbigot a person but can make sure that laws specicifying certain behaviours for certain portions of society are changed to reflect equality.

good one Karren, i agree. There's too much competition now for too few items on the sales rack.

Beverley Sims
04-29-2013, 04:01 PM
Only dresses and skirts would be uniclothing.
Jeans would zip up at the back or side and of course they would still look ultra feminine.

arbon
04-29-2013, 04:29 PM
No and no.

I really don't want to see more crossdressers, and womens clothing is not going to become uniclothing.

donnalee
04-29-2013, 05:32 PM
That seems a bit uncharitable.

AllieSF
04-29-2013, 05:50 PM
This is going to sound completely selfish and I'm sure many on this forum will disagree but no I would not want to see more crossdressers in society. I prefer to keep it to the elite few who can easily blend in with other females in society. If it were more the norm it would be the norm if you know what I mean like women wearing trousers and no one thinking any more of it.

Maria

Yes, it sounds selfish as hell, elitist, controlling and biased. Your opinion is yours, but in my opinion your opinion stinks and is definitely not in tune with this support site's goals.

I would like to see more of everyone out there, good looking, ugly, bi, straight, gay, lesbian, et al. I would draw the line at law breakers.

NicoleScott
04-29-2013, 06:06 PM

I'm OK with you expressing your opinion. But if only the blendable elite few went out in public, you wouldn't see any crossdressers - they'd all appear to be females (or they wouldn't be allowed out). Sorry, but the women's pants thing really is a dead horse.

Allie, where can I find the site's support goals?

Jenniferathome
04-29-2013, 06:15 PM
No, I don't care. I am not asking for my cross dressing to be "normalized" or to have others desensitize society. Whatever blocks exist are in my head and in my control.

Vanessa5
04-29-2013, 06:24 PM
If you refer to the like minded people here then yes. Some other sites I have seen make us look foolish/clownish. The pictures are for the amusement of others and are freely...how to put this...the person in the picture is ridiculed to no end. Not exactly what I would like for myself or anyone on this site.

Wildaboutheels
04-29-2013, 06:25 PM
Would a lot more CD ScaredyCats come out of the closet to shop in stores [instead of online] if it was a common site to see non passable MtF CDs shopping I believe is your Q?

I'll wager that anyone who has spent just 3 times "dressed" out in the RW has already crossed that [imaginary CD] "line of fear" in the sand into the RW where people can shop for and buy whatever clothes they want with probably no hassles whatsoever.

As long as they don't shop with their heads down and their tales between their legs. Makes one look "guilty" of wrongdoing.

Mainly because of the Internet [with it's assorted pluses and minuses] this will no doubt become increasingly common in the future.

The only thing I would like to see is maybe more size 11 shoes. And for people here to stop blaming "Society" for keeping them locked in their closets.

mikiSJ
04-29-2013, 06:32 PM
I prefer to keep it to the elite few who can easily blend in with other females in society.

Just a tad presumptuous, I would think!

suchacutie
04-29-2013, 06:35 PM
If seeing more of us in public acting naturally as the upstanding citizens we are, and all of that without negative responses and opinions from society in general, I would embrace and laud the fact, even if they are all buying jeans! :)

Kate Simmons
04-29-2013, 06:37 PM
Not really Hon. It would make it that much harder for me to be a prima donna if that happened.:heehee::)

deebra
04-29-2013, 07:08 PM
O.K., now that we're on a roll let's address part II of my post. Would you like to see women encourage their men to cross over the line and start intergrating into their wardrobe and wearing more female clothing. I'm suggesting little changes such as panties instead of boxers, women's dress pants and jeans that fit the body better, a satin or silk button up the front shirt, embelished sandles or low heel shoes to go with the pants, an embelished belt, shorter shorts, etc. We all know women's clothes offer so much more than men's; so why not dress him up a little more? Like more color, softer materials, clothes that fit the body; all the things that women get to do to make them selves look better but men can't.

busker
04-29-2013, 07:11 PM
There are so many threads here asking when we are going to be accepted in society. Well, this would be a good way to start. Get more men buying and wearing in public some piece of women's clothings, likely fancier jeans, or a blouse or different sweaters. Kind of ice-breaking, just like the women started out wearing pants for riding the bicycle and then it got going. Starting out slowly is better that freaking everyone out with the whole nine yards. I wear pants, socks, camis, my bra and a tee shirt every day without hassle. I do need a woman's jacket though.
It wouldn't necessarily become normal. there are 12000 cities in the USA and if even 10% drifted over, it would be a big boost for the cause. that would be 1200000 new cds

Eryn
04-29-2013, 07:19 PM
I'd love to see more CDers out and about. Get it to the point that we're no longer a spectacle and then we can all have fun, shop, get salon services, etc.

The clothing and makeup industries would love it too, as it would add considerably to their sales!

AllieSF
04-29-2013, 07:39 PM
I'm OK with you expressing your opinion. But if only the blendable elite few went out in public, you wouldn't see any crossdressers - they'd all appear to be females (or they wouldn't be allowed out). Sorry, but the women's pants thing really is a dead horse.

Allie, where can I find the site's support goals?

Right there on page 6 of the Rules and Regs. You know what I mean. This is a support site and not an exclusive club for the haves and not for the have not's, nor only for the good looking passers and not for the not so good looking non-passers. How would it sound if it was for the non-blonds only?

Does she want the non-passing TS girls and ladies to stay in too? When out who can tell the difference between those women and us non-passing want to pass like a women CD's. I hope that helps you and her to better understand the issues of being so exclusionary. You may already understand, but it is obvious that she does not. We need more people out there interfacing with everyone in the real outside world. The majority of people are not dumb. They may not understand it and us, but they will generally tolerate it much more than some seem to think.

EmilyPith
04-29-2013, 07:46 PM
Blend, don't blend, look like George of the jungle in a dress... whatever, just don't be obnoxious about it. Don't scare the natives.

Wildaboutheels
04-29-2013, 08:35 PM
"OK., now that we're on a roll let's address part II of my post."

Are you sure?

FACT. Very few men want or need more selection than what they already have available.

ONLY when men can "get ahead" [laid more] by wearing flashier clothing will men [in general] start WANTING or wearing more than what they have available now.

The plethora of women's clothing items and various shapewear available is to enable MORE women of different sizes and shapes to be MORE attractive to MORE men.

Women are far more lilely to choose men based on the package itself and not the wrapping. It's really pretty simple and accounts for the REALITY of today.

This is not going to change anytime soon.

Ashley Lyn
04-29-2013, 08:36 PM
Personally, I want to look like a woman/girl when I am 'out' dressed as such..!
No desire to be/look like a 'guy wearing a dress'! Makes no sense to me.... :eek:
If I desire to shop for womens clothes, I should be dressed that way.. and LOVING it..!:battingeyelashes:

Lisa Jeffreys
04-29-2013, 09:46 PM
Would you like to see more male to female crossdressers in society? For example would you like to see men shopping in the women's section in department stores, trying on, buying and wearing womens clothing in public. This could be just a few things such as jeans, blouse, shoes and a little makeup or totally woman. Would you like to see women accepting and encouraging their men to start dressing this way? Remember when the Beatles came over and all the guys grew their hair long just like women, a lot of the cuts were unisex. Then came men wearing one, then two earings. Could women's clothing become uniclothing????

I went skirt shopping at Goodwill this past Friday. I had two skirts in my hand and was still hunting when another man started browsing the same rack with me. We even spoke about the way the sizes were all out of order. It was cool, I wasn't freaked out by it at all and really ended up enjoying this shopping trip. And I got two cute skirts.

Anyway, why is it okay for a woman to shop in the men's department but not the other way around? And yes, I would like to be able to shop in drab in the woman's department and be able to look up and nod to another guy or joke that all the good panties were gone already. I think we are slowly coming around to unisex clothing and maybe lingerie will become mainstream some day. Look at the men's department some time, pink, teal, lavender, and red jeans! There are some very feminine clothes out for men. Jean pockets are embellished now but why guys don't have stretch denim is beyond me.

I swear I saw a CDer in Spartanburg and I really wanted to say something positive but didn't get the chance. Yes, I'd like to see it more often.

Lisa

Sabrina133
04-29-2013, 11:37 PM
Its OK for a man to shop in a woman's department ... just stop being self conscious about it. Women don't care about shopping in men's department...why should you care about shopping in a woman's department. All the stores want to do is make money. They don't care who they sell to.

linda allen
04-30-2013, 06:43 AM
Would you like to see more male to female crossdressers in society?

If it meant acceptance by the general public, then yes, I would like to see more male to female crossdressers in society.

Of course, I would like to see the general public be more accepting to everyone. Black, brown, yellow, white, male, female, tall, short, gay, physically handicapped, etc., the list goes on.

Realistically, it doesn't matter what I would like to see in society. I try to be accepting and do my part, I try to set a good example, and I sometimes make a small effort to steer others towards acceptance.

Remember also, what is acceptable in one area may not be in another area.

........... What i would like to see is is revocation of laws that criminalizes wearing clothing of the opposite gender. .........

I was not aware of any such laws. Can you provide examples?

Blend, don't blend, look like George of the jungle in a dress... whatever, just don't be obnoxious about it. Don't scare the natives.

Sadly, many of us cannot help but look like George of the Jungle in a dress. 6' 6" tall? 280 lbs? Size 16 shoes? I feel for these people, but life is not always fair. Their size allows them to do things I cannot do, but my smaller size allows me to come closer to passing as a female.

I do cringe though, when I see or hear about a guy out in public in female clothing, but unshaven, male hair style or bald, etc. I would like to see people make an honest effort or stay inside.

............... Anyway, why is it okay for a woman to shop in the men's department but not the other way around? ..............

In most cases It's fine for a man to shop in the women's department. You could be buying something for a wife or girlfriend. The point is to not look creepy. Don't do things like rub the panties or bras against your face. Don't scare off the other customers. If a SA comes over to help you, let her (him) help.

A few stores may not be comfortable with a man in the women's department, but I think if you are hones and not creepy looking, they will be glad to sell you something.

Lisa Jeffreys
04-30-2013, 07:52 AM
Linda, I totally agree that it IS OKAY for anyone to shop in ANY department. I admit I really was nervous on my first solo flight but I really could be picking out stuff for a girlfriend. I kind of was in a whole "split personality" sort of way and in that regard I am licky as Lisa always likes what I get. I'm over that now and have no problem picking out panties, skirts, blouses or whatever in drab mode. I don't have enought to go out fully femme quite yet but I am sure I will soon.

But what about guys who appreciate skirts or dresses or blouses but don't want to present as a woman? Why suggest they stay home? Equality is equality isn't it? In the hot southern summer I could see wearing flats and a nice light weight skirt with my dress shirt, short hair and masculine manner. I won't because I want a check each month but I see all clothing as fair game for all genders. Just me and my little thoughts.

Lisa

Asche
04-30-2013, 07:56 AM
I do cringe though, when I see or hear about a guy out in public in female clothing, but unshaven, male hair style or bald, etc. I would like to see people make an honest effort or stay inside.
Do you cringe when you see "a guy out in public" in male clothing, "but unshaven, male hair style or bald, etc."

If not, why the difference?

For that matter, do you "cringe" when you see women, especially women who don't meet the usual beauty standards, go out in public in unflattering clothes, bad hair, poorly made up, etc?

Allison Chaynes
04-30-2013, 01:01 PM
I would go with yes. If there are more of us, that tells the market there is a demand, which in turns increases the supply of things there needs to be more of, like size 13W shoes!!!!

I was in Goodwill yesterday and saw two other men (separately) in drab shopping the women's section alone. It was nice to see I was not the only dude buying women's dress slacks. It made me less self conscious, honestly, about my own shopping.

melanie206
04-30-2013, 01:52 PM
Yes, definitely, and I reject the idea that the public presence of less-than-perfect CDs is somehow bad. Of course, it's not going to happen anytime soon but I thought acceptance was a good thing. The fascinating thing about this message board is how a simple question or topic can illicit such a range of replies depending on what type of "CD" we are. Was this question really about shopping?

AllyCDTV
04-30-2013, 05:09 PM
What I would like to "see" in society is better looking people of all kinds. It doesn't matter if they are male, female, TG or from another planet. However what I want to "see" doesn't amount to a hill of beans. When I go out into society, unless I'm sitting on a bench at the beach, I'm not there to "see" anybody. The civility of which people interact is light years ahead in terms of importance than any way they might present themselves physically. I'd much rather interact with an overweight guy in a dress with a beard that treated me with respect then a 19 year-old cheerleader with a crappy attitude.

sometimes_miss
04-30-2013, 10:24 PM
The average run of the mill crossdressers, no. The public has a preconceived notion that all of us are brain damaged perverts, and having a few hundred homely non feminine figured males walking about in drag and make up isn't going to improve that image. What we need are all the super successful businessmen, sports stars, politicians and all celebrities that crossdress to come out of the closet DRESSED which would let women know that who they were so very, very attracted to and turned on by, are actually crossdressers. It would bring some hope to the rest of us. As much as I admire Dennis Rodman for coming out, he was already considered a nut case by everybody by the time he did it, so he didn't do us any favors; if anything, he just reinforced the idea that we're all just a bunch of weirdos.

Danielle8533
05-03-2013, 03:32 PM
Personally, I want to look like a woman/girl when I am 'out' dressed as such..!
No desire to be/look like a 'guy wearing a dress'! Makes no sense to me.... :eek:
If I desire to shop for womens clothes, I should be dressed that way.. and LOVING it..!:battingeyelashes:

Exactly! My whole desire is to blend in, nothing more, nothing less.

Jocelyn Quivers
05-04-2013, 10:02 PM
If it means more competition at the clearance sales.... hell no! Plus if they are going to be wearing womens jeans.... I really don't want to see more of them.... they can stay home in the closet...

I feel the same way!! Has anyone noticed the sky high bordering oil speculator high prices for pantyhose on EBAY? Despite most economy's recovering from a recession, Euro Zone debt crisis etc.! I doubt it's GG's paying $125.00 for Victoria Secret, Wolford hosier etc. I could only imagine how really inflated prices for some items could be if there were more of us, and cross dressing ever became the "in thing" to do. :eek: