PDA

View Full Version : The End of a Purge

JennyCD
12-14-2005, 11:46 PM
The other day I bought a cute v neck sleep tee with three penguins embroidered on it. I just have a thing for penguins. Couldn't resist. Naturally, since I bought it, I just had to wear it.

The last couple of days the weather has turned pretty chilly here, so I have been wearing tights under my clothes while riding to work.

It's the little things that add up, you know. Tonight, while I was out shopping for some things I needed I found myself in the cosmetics section picking out a cute blue nail polish for my toes.

I purged just about a year ago. Now, I find myself sitting here, wearing a light blue sleep tee with cute little penguins on it, wearing hot pink/black striped tights (I know, the colors totally don't go together), and blue toenails.

And I feel very nice even though I look like Pippy Longstockings on a very bad day.

Saturday I am going to the dance supply store to buy tights "to keep my legs warm while riding my bike". And I am really looking forward to it.

This post is totally pointless really. But somehow, some way, my purge has found itself at an end. I have very mixed feelings about that, but won't get into all of that here. All I can say is, as large, fat, balding, and ugly as I am, somehow I feel just a little more attractive and a little more like myself and comfortable right now.

It's really no wonder the general public doesn't understand us. If I am any indication at all, we don't even understand ourselves.

But I do feel very much myself right now. Maybe somebody will understand this. I know I don't.

sarahsfiona GG
12-15-2005, 12:09 AM
Jenny,

If the person in the avitar pic is you, you are WAAAY too hard on yourself. Nowhere do I see a
large, fat, balding, and ugly guy in the pic. I see an attractive woman who, from what I've gleaned from your posts, is intelligent, very well spoken...er, written, and has a delightful sense of humor. (Pippi Longstocking on a very bad day??? Snicker.)

As for your outfit...LOL It sounds VERY comfy. ;)

I wish we lived closer together. I'd love to take you out to dinner.

Fiona

tiffiany
12-15-2005, 12:13 AM
But I do feel very much myself right now. Maybe somebody will understand this. I know I don't.
I understand as lately I have felt the same way. I feel so much better about myself when Im dressed, even if it is for just a little while. Dont be so hard on yourself. Hope I could help.

Kiera
12-15-2005, 12:19 AM
Keep your head up girl, we have all been there. You only get one life, so you might as well enjoy it...:surrender
kiera

JennyCD
12-15-2005, 09:06 AM
Jenny,

If the person in the avitar pic is you, you are WAAAY too hard on yourself. Nowhere do I see a guy in the pic. I see an attractive woman who, from what I've gleaned from your posts, is intelligent, very well spoken...er, written, and has a delightful sense of humor. (Pippi Longstocking on a very bad day??? Snicker.)

As for your outfit...LOL It sounds VERY comfy. ;)

I wish we lived closer together. I'd love to take you out to dinner.

Fiona

Thanks. The avatar is my face. The hair isn't mine.

Have to keep a sense of humor about things. I hate to be around grumpy people. Life is far too short to waste it being grumpy.

JennyCD
12-15-2005, 09:08 AM
Thanks girls. I just like being comfortable when at home. I have taken to wearing tights under my clothing at work all the time now. It's a nice warm day today and really don't need them to keep my legs warm today, but wearing them anyway. I really do like the way they feel on my legs (even with all that hair).

DonnaT
12-15-2005, 09:21 AM
Well, let that be a lesson to you Jenny. As you yourself have advised others, 'do not purge' it doesn't work and gets expensive ;)

Congrats on your new purchases, btw, and getting back to feeling right.

Kim E
12-15-2005, 10:15 AM
Good for you, Jenny. Very happy that your purge is over. :) Over the years, I think I wrote the book on purges and I know it doesn't work. I think you look great, so don't be too hard on yourself. As much as we all, would like to look perfect, none of us here are.

Hugs ~ Kim

Wendy me
12-15-2005, 10:27 AM
frist off veary cool your done with the purge, and it's all good from a sleep tee and tights to full glame ... it is so what makes you happy, it is not allways abought being done to the 9's , sometimes it is only abought you and feeling good abought being you......enjoy ........

Star
12-15-2005, 04:40 PM
Mee too...I only lasted 4 weeks though...well not quite. It feels wonderful to be dressed again.I feel just like you. I gave up "purging" for "storing" a long time ago.

GypsyKaren
12-15-2005, 04:58 PM
Hi Jenny

You know, whenever I look at you all I see is a truly beautiful person. I'm glad you're feeling good about yourself again, it's a pretty good place to be.

GypsyKaren

Jesse69
12-16-2005, 12:10 AM
End of your purge? So how many clothes do you have? Can you post pics of yourself in your best outfits in the Picture Section? We've never seen you except for your avatar. That's a nice wig you have.

JennyCD
12-16-2005, 08:02 AM
Kind words from kind people. Very much appreciated. :)

It's not much, not like dressing fully and going out dancing or anything. Like Wendy said "sometimes it is only abought you and feeling good abought being you".

Jesse96; sorry, I didn't mean to post anything that lead you to believe I just spent a fortune (that I don't have) on clothing. It's just something small, just for me. And I don't/won't post pics because I am very much in the closet and, as recent posts indicate, posting pics, even in members-only forums, is hardly secure. I don't dress fully or wear makeup because I never know when family will stop by or work will call me to come in and deal with a certain situation or other. Not all CDers dress to the 9s, for some of us we settle for the little things.

MsJanessa
12-16-2005, 11:49 AM
Unless you borrowed someone else's wig the hair is yours---just not the hair you were born with----as far as Im conerned a sexy, stunning wig is much better than most ladie's hair---even that of GGs

Darlena
12-16-2005, 12:02 PM
Dear Jenny, look at the bright side..,at least now you can update that wardrobe. Sometimes I get tired of the same old thing. And at times my wardrobe get's soooo...full! It's a reason to go SHOPPING! (Squeeeaall!) Love kisses!

Sam-antha
12-16-2005, 12:21 PM
Darlena, it is a wardrobe updating, but, do you, like me, tend to buy what you threw out. At first anyway.
Girls, a general question ? Are photos included in the purging ?

Sarahgurl371
12-17-2005, 07:32 PM
Jenny,
I does not matter to me that you have reached the end of a purge. What matters to me is that YOU are happy! You seem to come through as a wonderful and caring person. One who is perhaps so very hard on themself. I wish you much happiness and comfort, whatever clothes you have on. I wish it for us all.

BTW, your other post about painted toenails: 1. I have blues and purple too, 2. I agree that just occasionally seeing my painted toenails can make me feel good, and that can't be bad!

I as well see a happy person in your avitar. I hope you can find the peace your are looking for. You deserve it.

JennyCD
12-17-2005, 07:46 PM
Unless you borrowed someone else's wig the hair is yours---just not the hair you were born with----as far as Im conerned a sexy, stunning wig is much better than most ladie's hair---even that of GGs

Yes, if it were an actual wig, that would be quite true, but it isn't. At the moment I don't own a wig at all. The avatar is a pic of myself which I redid on a website virtual makeover. Not trying to mislead you or anyone else. I really liked the result after trying many different wig styles. When and if I can afford a wig, I'll likely go with something very similar.

JennyCD
12-17-2005, 07:49 PM
Dear Jenny, look at the bright side..,at least now you can update that wardrobe. Sometimes I get tired of the same old thing. And at times my wardrobe get's soooo...full! It's a reason to go SHOPPING! (Squeeeaall!) Love kisses!

Very true LOL.

I went shopping today at a dance supply store and bought a couple of pairs of very nice tights. They look and feel so nice.

I shopped around a bit today for a nice skirt, but couldn't find one I liked in my size (fat). I did see several that were adorable, but sadly they were for skinny girls.

JennyCD
12-17-2005, 07:50 PM
Jenny,
I does not matter to me that you have reached the end of a purge. What matters to me is that YOU are happy! You seem to come through as a wonderful and caring person. One who is perhaps so very hard on themself. I wish you much happiness and comfort, whatever clothes you have on. I wish it for us all.

BTW, your other post about painted toenails: 1. I have blues and purple too, 2. I agree that just occasionally seeing my painted toenails can make me feel good, and that can't be bad!

I as well see a happy person in your avitar. I hope you can find the peace your are looking for. You deserve it.

Very sweet post, thank you.