PDA

View Full Version : Our First TG Christmas Party

Rachel Morley
12-14-2005, 11:51 PM
Last Saturday night Marla and I went to a Christmas party. Two local TG groups, the Sacramento Gender Association (SGA) and the Sacramento chapter of Tri-Ess, held a joint Christmas potluck party at the local GLBT community center. It was a night to remember!

Marla and I were not quite sure what we should wear. We thought that perhaps we shouldn’t wear jeans as it was a holiday party, but I thought we shouldn’t be overdressed either. Then Marla said “Overdressed? Are you kidding? We’re going to be in a room full of crossdressers!” :D

We had our usual girly fun trying on different outfits and strutting in front of the mirror whilst listening to loud dance music. We both decided to wear black dresses and 3” heels. Mine was a two piece set; the dress had pink ribbon trim with a cute bow at the waistline, and it came with a sweet little matching pink cardigan. Marla’s was an elegant mid-calf length dress of very sheer chiffon, with an opaque shift underneath. Over her shoulders she wore a matching black shawl with silver accents that complemented her jewelry. I thought she looked stunning.

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/789/marlaangel2rn.jpg

We arrived on time and were happy to see some faces that we recognized along with lots of people we didn’t know. There were about forty people or so at the party and the entire TG spectrum was represented. As it was a pot luck there was a cornucopia of dishes and desserts to choose from. During dinner we chatted to familiar friends and new acquaintances. For us this was the best part of the evening – hearing people’s stories and connecting with others on a personal level.

After dinner we all had a fun “white elephant” gift exchange. Everyone brought an inexpensive, fun, or tacky item, and hilarity ensued as we drew numbers and subsequently kept, traded, or had the option to “steal” a gift. Marla and I went home with a Whitney Houston CD and two boxes of chocolates…..what more could a couple of girls want?

Before we left we made sure to pay our annual Tri-Ess dues because as they say “membership has its privileges." :)

http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/6285/sgaxmas20ex.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
From left to right: Crisa, Terilynn, Jessica, me, Danielle, and Briana

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/2579/sgaxmas12pe.jpg
From left to right: Crisa, Marla, me and Danielle

Thanks to all the girls for giving us permission to post these pictures.

TGMarla
12-15-2005, 12:07 AM
The perfect Holiday party! What fun! Thanks for sharing. You two are quite the stunning pair! Heads turned and candle burned brighter when you two walked in the room. Either that or it's the drinks. :D

Shannon
12-15-2005, 12:18 AM
Must have been a lot of fun -- white elephant exchanges seem like they are always good for a laugh. It is wonderful that you two had a great time.

DanaJ
12-15-2005, 07:09 AM
Angel (and Marla) - thank you for sharing your story and pix! Looks like you two had a great time, and of course you are both lovely ladies. Were there many other wives or SOs there?

Raychel
12-15-2005, 07:22 AM
Wow it looks like you had alot of fun, Thanks for letting us know that times like this do exist. :D

arleen
12-15-2005, 09:17 AM
Angel and Marla, how beautiful! You are so generous to share you lives. You are such role models and bring a sense of normalcy to a sometimes chaotic world. Thank you both! :hugs:
arleen

DonnaT
12-15-2005, 09:38 AM
Very nice, ladies. Sounds like everyone had fun.

StephanieCD
12-16-2005, 10:36 PM
What a joy! I so want to do the same thing... I should join a tri-ess chapter :) Angel, you're an inspiration to me again and again - after being away and coming back I can see how you've grown and, sweets, it's not so subtle ;) Good for you!

Kayla Smith
12-16-2005, 10:59 PM
Angel and Marla I think you both look lovely:gorgeous: , My Tri-Ess chrismas party is tomrrow night and what a coincidence that you had a white elephant exchange at your party and that is what we will be doing this weekend.

Thank you so much for sharing your pictures of you and Marla as well as the pictures of your Tri-Ess sisters and you. I enjoyed the post as well.:)