PDA

View Full Version : Do you practice?

Kate Simmons
05-01-2013, 07:39 AM
Do you practice being feminine by doing feminine things? What do you do to enhance your feminine presentation and impression when en femme other than appearance? I found that over the years, I had naturally developed feminine moves and mannerisms, especially when presenting en femme. As a matter of course, I more or less automatically revert to feminine moves and mannerisms when en femme, so no longer need to "practice". What have you done in this regard?:)

linda allen
05-01-2013, 07:42 AM
No, I don't really practice. I should but I don't. I live as a married male so I would have to be sure I could turn any female manerisms on and off as appropriate.

suzy1
05-01-2013, 07:49 AM
No I don’t Kate.
There is a wide range of feminine and masculine traits that overlap.
As someone that has a natural feminine side to me I just act as me and being me takes no practice at all.

hugs girl :)

Maria S
05-01-2013, 08:28 AM
I don't practice as this infers that I am putting on an act. I am just me spending time as I want to live and dress.

Maria

Annaliese2010
05-01-2013, 08:39 AM
Do you practice being feminine by doing feminine things? What do you do to enhance your feminine presentation and impression when en femme other than appearance? I found that over the years, I had naturally developed feminine moves and mannerisms, especially when presenting en femme. As a matter of course, I more or less automatically revert to feminine moves and mannerisms when en femme, so no longer need to "practice". What have you done in this regard?:)Yeah I agree. Never occured to me nor felt the need to "practice" what comes naturally. A girl is a girl and all the behavior is an easy natural innocent unpracticed expression of what simply IS to begin with - when you learn to disinhibit yourself. Drop the fake male stuff you had to learn as you were growing up. If you are neuro-behaviorally female by birth, even tho biologically 'male', perhaps "to practice" feminine expression is really to unlearn unnatural male patterns of thought & mannerism, return to your true self-identity by a relaxed disinhibition of all that, allowing the girl you are to surface. Express herself as she naturally needs to, wants to, is happy to, after being soooo long denied, oppressed, kept hidden. Happy to be alive, to see the light of day, finally! What was feared, taught and presumed; the twisted unnatural evil thing you thought you had to deny, diminish, suffocate, overcome; IS instead an Innocent one. The victim of social ignorance, intolerance & injustice...actually becomes a lovely, thoughtful, understanding & sexy addition to the mix of our collective consciousness. A value-added asset to societies diversity. WE are like no other. Rarer than rare. The tiniest of minorities. We are the (un)celebrated few. And pretty too!

Karren H
05-01-2013, 09:27 AM
Yeah..... on weekends I force myself to lay on the sofa and watch soap operas while eating bon bons! :)

NV Susan
05-01-2013, 09:29 AM
Well I guess I'll be the first YES answer to your question. I do practice sitting with my legs together. I'm trying to bring myself to sit that way without having to think about it first. :daydreaming:

Beverley Sims
05-01-2013, 09:33 AM
Kate,
I am preaching mannerisms, poise, walking and other female traits to the younger set all the time.
I have tried to iron all the bugs out of my presentation and practice what I preach.
It works sometimes and what you say does ring true, for sure.

You look smashing today, looking at your Avatar.
Some days Kate Land shows you with a very bad hair day.
It must be the makeup you use.

Ruby B
05-01-2013, 10:16 AM
When I'm in boy mode I can't help but observe and study how women behave. Without attempting to mimic them I find myself adopting some of their natural mannerisms and making them my own when I'm dressed. Less is more.

Michelle55
05-01-2013, 10:56 AM
Yes I do, but I'd call it more about "getting in character". I play a guy most of the time so I have to get in girl character a while so it becomes automatic. When I haven't been out for a while I need to get dressed and in character for a couple hours so I don't have to think about appearing femme before venturing out in public.

Mostly that's mannerisms, but I try to work on the little I can for my voice. Of course I avoid speaking if possible as it is probably the most difficult part for me to be convincing.

Kate Simmons
05-01-2013, 06:26 PM
Part of the "practice" I do these days is usually lip syncing and dancing to various songs which is good as it helps me to practice for future performances and gives me exercise, which I seriously don't get enough of these days. Being a stay at home Grandpa has both advantages and disadvantages.:heehee::)

Rachelakld
05-01-2013, 06:33 PM
No, I let my girl personality worry about girl stuff and my man personallity worry about manly stuff. We do cross over and sometings my man mode might bitch slap, or my girl mode can be butch

docrobbysherry
05-01-2013, 07:09 PM
I don't care WHAT folks answer here, ALL CD's PRACTICE!

I don't sit around at home and practice. But, whenever I'm at a CD event, or dressing at home, I try to move, dance, walk, etc., etc. as much like a female as I'm able. I may suck, but I try anyway. In my opinion, ALL closet dressers "practice", because our dressing time is limited and we wish to make the most of our fem time!

RenneB
05-01-2013, 07:50 PM
Oh yea.... walking, moving, sitting... I practice all the time. Eventually it carries on to my regular way of just doing things. Like getting into the car...butt first then swing the legs in. When sitting on a chair, both hands go behind the thighs to pull the imaginary skirt down. When walking, I work on elbows in, arm swing, and foot placement. With the recent snow fall (yea it snowed in NE today) when walking in the parking lot, I'll stop and look back to see if my feet were in line...

Since, I'm 75/25 in my present life arrangement, the 25% while in boy mode, makes the 75% time in girl mode a little easier to blend...

Now if I can just get the voice part down.... ha.. that'll take a while...

Renne.....

kimdl93
05-01-2013, 08:25 PM
Not really. As Suzy said, I have a mix of behaviors that perhaps seem more apparently feminine if I'm en femme than when I'm drab, but it's pretty much just me.

NikiMichelle
05-01-2013, 08:32 PM
I like to sit with my legs crossed the "female" way of knee on top of knee while dressed en femme...except I now find my drabself doing the same thing rather than the masculine way of having my top leg across my knee...I have to retrain myself!!!

Christine.Lolita
05-01-2013, 08:36 PM
I do not practice any mannerisms, I am just myself.

Taylor Ray
05-01-2013, 08:48 PM
Since I was young and even today a lot of my friends and acquaintances tease me or ask me "if I am gay".

I realize more and more that I have feminine characteristics and mannerisms. It was difficult the first 25 years of my life; not so much any more.

carhill2mn
05-02-2013, 01:50 PM
Nearly all of us who were born male and raised as boys have had to "practice" feminine characteristics, movements, speech patterns as we have had to learn these behaviors, just as young girls learned them at one time.

I am now able to spend most of my time en femme. Even when I am home alone I try to act in "lady-like" manner so that
when I am out en femme it is "natural". Similarily, when I am "drab" I act and behave as my friends and family are used to
seeing me act as a man.

Sabrina133
05-02-2013, 02:05 PM
I am naturally effeminite but i found that after 4 years in miltary college, i had taken on masculine tendencies - probably as an unconscious way to survive. When i started dressing seriously, my Drag Mother worked with me to define and refine my feminine actions - especially my voice. They came back very quickly. Now am feminine all the time, even in guy mode.

Leah Lynn
05-02-2013, 06:32 PM
Most of my life is en femme, going icky drab only for work. I wouldn't call it practice, but if I catch myself doing something manly, or otherwise not feminine, I force myself to correct the fault. Still having trouble with the entering/ exiting the car thing. And the voice. And...

Leah

Josie06
05-05-2013, 02:41 PM
I don't know if it is 'practice'. I have had feminine mannerism all my life. They are just natural and i do them without thinking. The way I sit, cross my legs, eat, ... so many things. Since i was little someone is always saying 'that is so feminine' or something else. I just ignore them and be myself.