PDA

View Full Version : your best and worst crossdressing experiences

FelicityMay
05-01-2013, 08:38 PM
I am still fairly new to cross dressing, but I have done a lot to put myself out there, and have a lot of fun with it.

I have gone out in public multiple times, and have found some good and bad ideas...

My good experiences have included going out in drab, but being allowed into the ladies dressing rooms, just being treated well and having fun. I have also gone out, presenting as male, but dressed in full drag, which sometimes turns out well. And finally, there have been good experiences in being (not really) passable! This is a fun hobby, but it can add some challenges to your life.

There have been some bad experiences too though. I felt like I could just ignore the disapproval of my family, but its hard to ignore the dirty looks in public. Of course the sales people are always happy to help me out, sometimes feeling a little awkward, but the real problems come from strangers who happen to be around. I have gotten plenty of disgusted looks while being dressed as a girl. and although it is fun to express myself, sometimes i think its not quite worth it, and get discouraged and humiliated.

I don't mean to sound like a downer, but have you girls had problems with going into public not going so smoothly?

DW
05-01-2013, 08:45 PM
Yeah. I go out as a guy in a dress. If other people have an issue with that, its their problem. Dress, and be how YOU want, do not let other peoples expectations dictate your life.

Ashlyn Brooke
05-01-2013, 09:20 PM
I feel I have come so far in the past 5 months. I have gone from dressing and just sitting at home, to dressing and driving around a little while and getting a soda at McDonalds, to completely made up and dressed and spending the entire day at a mall by myself going through all of the women's stores. The latter was my best day as everyone addressed me as ma'am. My worst day was sitting at home not having the courage to actually go out and give it all i've got. Let your wings loose and fly. MMMuah!
Ashlyn

marny
05-01-2013, 09:34 PM
As you get older it becomes less of an issue. Go Girl!

PretzelGirl
05-01-2013, 09:43 PM
Some of it is the people you are around, some of it is attitude. If you go out and constantly look around, you will first draw attention because of your behaviour and also you will notice everything and think it is about you. Sometimes it may be, but a lot goes on around us that isn't. Have run, stay safe, and try not to be sensitive and it will almost always be a good time. The other times? Life happens. I don't always have a good time when not dressed, so expecting perfection may be expecting too much.

I Am Paula
05-02-2013, 12:09 AM
Much more important than developing a female voice, is developing a thick skin. Nobody likes being laughed, or scowled at, but it will happen.
As someone who is blendable, but not passable, and has been out everyday for thirty years, my best advice- the best tool in your femme tool bx is confidence. The second you lose the deer in the headlights look, and just go with the flow, the stink-eye stops. You can look like a guy in a dress, but just merge with the female traffic, interact with the locals like you weren't wearing a dress, and you WILL become invisible.

FelicityMay
05-02-2013, 12:28 AM
I suppose it could be just my attitude. there have been lots of issues going on for me lately, so when I get dressed up and go out, I feel depressed, which just makes it so much worse, because then I start to feel dumb.
I have probably gotten into a bad binge habit. I get really excited and want to dress a lot, then it starts to wear on me, and doesn't seem as appealing any more. hopefully it will get better for me!

linda allen
05-02-2013, 06:30 AM
............. My good experiences have included going out in drab, but being allowed into the ladies dressing rooms, ...............

Why would you use the ladies room if you are dressed as a man? Is it some sort of thrill?

I've been in ladies restrooms and ladies locker rooms many times. Of course, it was part of my job fixing things. It was just a room to me although we had to post someone at the door to keep the ladies out while we were working.

I have gotten plenty of disgusted looks while being dressed as a girl. and although it is fun to express myself, sometimes i think its not quite worth it, and get discouraged and humiliated.

Apparently, you don't pass very well (or at all). This should give you something to work on. Take photos and analyze your look. What parts of your look make it obvious that you're not a female? Get some help from GGs if you can.

Most of us will never be able to pass 100% but if we try hard enough, many of us could pass at a distance or if viewed in passing.

rosy2000
05-02-2013, 06:55 AM
worse things growing body hair. shaving not best solution for me. only too much grow hair.

noeleena
05-02-2013, 08:06 AM
Hi,

This will depend on the person when one has the confidence in them selfs & ones selfesteem is part of you then you can do things , i wont say every thing yet just being comfortable in your self is a plus,

It allso depends on the county & place you live, haveing friends knowing them & letting them know you.

Another detail is for myself is in being accepted for who i am as a person its not about clothes or how i dress or look , the other detail is how you get on with others being accepted takes time for some, i know iv spent over 4 years, with people & one group im a member of has taken 3 years for them to accept myself & in front of some 140 out of 230 people who all know me accepted now with open arms & have made it very plan they wont me there with them,

My issue has allways been how i look , facial features, so to be accepted has been fantastic,,& the privilage iv been given by so many.

Can those of us who are different be accepted i belive so i allso know so. i'v proved it time & time again.

You your self must be able to be open out going & just be your self, no pretence no makebelive because it wont work & you get found out,

Any way just my thoughts ,

...noeleena...

FelicityMay
05-02-2013, 09:33 AM
Why would you use the ladies room if you are dressed as a man? Is it some sort of thrill?

I've been in ladies restrooms and ladies locker rooms many times. Of course, it was part of my job fixing things. It was just a room to me although we had to post someone at the door to keep the ladies out while we were working.

Apparently, you don't pass very well (or at all). This should give you something to work on. Take photos and analyze your look. What parts of your look make it obvious that you're not a female? Get some help from GGs if you can.

Most of us will never be able to pass 100% but if we try hard enough, many of us could pass at a distance or if viewed in passing.

I generally shop with a few female friends, and while i am with them looking through the women sections, all of us go take a dressing room, and they usually just let me in the ladies rooms to try them on. other times, its a womens only store, and dont even have guys dressing rooms. the sales people have always been pretty awesome about not even seeming to notice im a guy going in :) dressed or not...

as for passing, i dont usually go out to pass. most of the dirty looks i get is when i go as a guy in drag. i guess it is just because i live in such a strict conservative area, and it is not very accepted here.

Beverley Sims
05-02-2013, 10:43 AM
First to Linda Allen,
I have been into ladies rest rooms dressed in drab.
Usually to clear them out after a theater show or change the light bulbs.
I have sat on the vanity table and talked to three women doing whatever they do in those stalls.
We discussed how messy some women can be, paper all over the floor is a favourite.
We also discussed relationships with our spouses and how were we going to relate this conversation to our spouses later.

To Felicity,
If you present as a girl well, you should not have problems.
Are you being confrontational?
That would not be a good move.

Sabrina133
05-02-2013, 11:12 AM
Best day was when my Drag mother introduced me as Sabrina to her friends. The worst day was when i was fired by my firm after my BF posted pictures of me on the internet.

ArleneRaquel
05-02-2013, 11:18 AM
Well in the last week I had a very nice experience with a gentleman who drove me to the local chain grocery store, no hanky panky just a nice drive and very nice chatter. The bad experience was with my next door neighbor who verbally attacked him and made many outrageous statment that would IMO offend CD's and all other sane people, I shared this encounter with the gentleman driver, he was shocked and more with the comments made by my homophobic neigher. The latters comments are not printable in this forum or any public forum.

SarahVA
05-03-2013, 01:17 PM
Best was years ago on a business trip, dressed and went to a drag show with another cd...was totally treated as a woman! Worst....just dressing alone at home :-(

Cheryl T
05-06-2013, 09:46 AM
My worst would have to be the many times I purged as I haven't really had a bad experience going out yet and it's been almost 10 years now.

My best was one time shopping with my wife and another girl from our Tri-Ess chapter. We were in like a Marshall's and waiting in line to pay for some things. Behind me was a lady with her young son in the cart and he tossed a ball my way and it hit me in the leg (one of those soccer size plastic balls). I turned and picked it up and gave it back to him and just smiled. A minute later he did it again. We repeated this about 4 times and finally the mother said to him, "that's enough Timmy, the nice lady doesn't want to play anymore". I smiled widely again and that really made my day.
Sometimes people can be so nice.