PDA

View Full Version : Dressed on the job.

jenny37
05-03-2013, 02:41 AM
Do you go to work Dressed. I have more the one or two times .
Till me your story.:-)

Beverley Sims
05-03-2013, 03:56 AM
No, I would be soon out of a job.
Circumstances really do not suit for me.
You are obviously lucky.

Naomi Newman
05-03-2013, 04:49 AM
i think that in my line of work, it just wouldnt happen, you have a unique situation there, if you have done it more than pnce at your work then why not keep doing it ?

Alexis.j
05-03-2013, 05:04 AM
Nope, that won't be appropriate for my line of work. Deal with customers a lot of the time, and occasionally go do some site work, sometimes I get a bit dirty or sweaty, and I would not want to ruin my fem clothes. ...
Light make up I do 98% of the time, dressed or drab

noeleena
05-03-2013, 05:24 AM
Hi,

Yes i have because i could & can dress as i please, im the boss , now i will go a bit further though im a woman, yet did or do not go in a skirt or dress , because im a builder by trade, i wore & do wear womens shorts a tee top. sun hat so as youd expect i do dress in a way thats appropriate to my work. all my clothes are womens .

Again i have sold trees & srubs at a big market day dressed in my normal day clothes of a skirt tee top head scarve for headwear, like my pic on the left.

When im with my women friends & we work together ill be the only one most of the time in skirts, i do the same with our men as well.

I wonder with this ? are you well known how do you interact with others, & are you a part of the team or group you may be part of,or more the point are you accepted for who you are,

...noeleena...

Erica Marie
05-03-2013, 05:39 AM
The type of work I do, dressing would not affect it one bit. But the type of people I deal with all day are probably the least accepting of all. So I underdress and no one knows the difference. Honestly a qualified girl could do the same job but closed minded individuals dont realize that.

Rogina B
05-03-2013, 06:24 AM
I work for myself in the dirty and phobic commercial marine world. Things in my work world aren't kind to boy clothes,let alone girl clothes.However,my home office is across the street so repackaging myself is an easy task as soon as I can each day,and then out the door to handle life's tasks as Rogina. I am lucky to be able to live this way for sure.

linda allen
05-03-2013, 08:00 AM
I'm retired. I don't go to work, period! :heehee:

But when I was working I would not have gone to work dressed as a female. To me, my career was far more important than crossdressing.

Cheryl T
05-03-2013, 08:13 AM
Not me...uniform required and they are all pretty much the same so it would be useless to do so.

StacyPump
05-03-2013, 08:46 AM
No. I am not out to the world, so I would not go to work dressed. I do work from home at least once a week, though. I can't dress every time I work from home, but when I do, I love getting dressed in the morning, putting on makeup, and sitting down at my desk to do my work in my skirt, hose, heels and perfume. The sweetest moment comes when I sip my coffee, and leave a lipstick mark on my cup.

Aly Cat
05-03-2013, 09:14 AM
The most ive ever done at work was underdress and wear heels. I wear dress slacks and with 3.5" heels, the pants go to just the right length to hide the heel. Ive worn them in front of customers before, but it didnt happen often. I work in a ritzy area and typically, I would not wear them unless I have gotten to know them as regular customers first and know their personality. For all other customers, when they would come in, I would just simply slip off the heels and slip on the ugly drab loafers and no one was the wiser in regards to underdressing.

slamddoger
05-03-2013, 09:20 AM
not a good ida. work for the govment.

Ashlyn Brooke
05-03-2013, 09:34 AM
There was a time I could only fantasize about it as I was scared to death of being seen out. I am a nurse and scrubs are the typical uniform. I wear panties every day regardless and I know that doesn't count. But having worked with 2 gay guys and their perception is uncanny. So my CD nature was discussed along with their input on feminizing, etc. I now go to work with a bra, and makeup, and nails painted. My bosses and coworkers have been very business as usual. Last night in fact, as I was talking to a patient, her sister apologized for interrupting and said, "I just have to tell you your eyelashes are gorgeous! I couldn't help from noticing." WoW! I said thank you and went about my job.

kimdl93
05-03-2013, 09:41 AM
Unfortunately, only when I work from home, which has been less frequent recently. I'm still expected to be a male when I turn up at the office.

Rebecca Watson
05-03-2013, 09:52 AM
In academia, it's probably not such of a big deal (provided it doesn't affect your work); you are judged on your work and not what you look like. I wear female clothes fairly discreetly at work (such as these high heel sneakers). But, even if I came fully out, I don't think this would be considered such a big deal. In fact, it's generally a benefit to one's career to be noticed and remembered.

A gay guy I've written papers with once mentioned his crossdressing while a group of us were out to lunch. Nobody thought much of it. (If he could see me now!)

- Becky

Lorileah
05-03-2013, 10:50 AM
I could, other than a dress or skirt which would be OK but highly impractical when dealing with animals (and still some women do wear them). I have worn clothing from the women's department almost exclusively in the summer for over 10 years, no one cares. In my line of work, the women wear jeans and slacks and scrubs.

5150 Girl
05-03-2013, 06:59 PM
I work in the campus library. I have gone "full time" while on campus.

JBPerry
05-03-2013, 07:17 PM
nope.......I underdress......bra, panties and knee highs except on fridays when i just go with panties......then again its not like I'm not wearing the same thing as the ladies (unless they are pregnant)

Terri Andrews
05-03-2013, 07:19 PM
I`ve been retired for 12 years ,now I buy and resell stuff,so every Friday and Saturday I go to Yard Sales as Terri .
I guess that is like going to work dressed .

Starr
05-03-2013, 08:38 PM
A month or so back i started wearing my ladies jeans to work and panties... the tops are men's golf shirts but looking for fem tops to wear this summer as well as some ladies shorts to wear this summer as well. i wore mens shorts last year with my shaved legs so can't wait to do the ladies shorts this year.. also looking for some scrubs tops to wear that are ladies or unisex.. so i hope to be pretty much all girl before summer ends.. just a little change at a time..and no one really pays any attention..

bridget thronton
05-04-2013, 01:15 AM
Ladies pants suits at work

thechic
05-04-2013, 02:20 AM
One time I was up town with the kids dressed to the max short skirt boots and plunging neckline top ,phone rings they need help at local supper market, refrigeration plant down all cabinets hi temping and they needed help. so I dropped kids off home and went straight to site to help get plant up and running it was controller issues, I was not dressed for the occasion Had no big issues as they think im a GG anyway only difference is that they often see me in jeans and a tank top.had several nice comments made me blush

DianaWales
05-04-2013, 02:27 AM
I have not gone out dressed :), the nature of my work does not allow me to dress anyways :)

Rogina B
05-04-2013, 06:28 AM
One time I was up town with the kids dressed to the max short skirt boots and plunging neckline top ,phone rings they need help at local supper market, refrigeration plant down all cabinets hi temping and they needed help. so I dropped kids off home and went straight to site to help get plant up and running it was controller issues, I was not dressed for the occasion Had no big issues as they think im a GG anyway only difference is that they often see me in jeans and a tank top.had several nice comments made me blush
I love good ending stories like that! Keep up the good work!

STACY B
05-04-2013, 06:29 AM
Depends on where you work an what you call dressed ? If you are referring to do I wear woman's clothes to work ? Yep are they real girly ? Nope ,, I will get them all dirty ,,lol,, Anyway when ya work outside you got to dress for success an do what others do ,, Sometimes I do cross the line if its not an all day affair .

krisinpink
05-04-2013, 08:03 AM
Typically, the only item of mens wear I'll have on at work will be my shirt. Otherwise, every item is womens wear. Jeans (without back pocket embellishment), shoes that don't warrant a second look, etc. At first glance, and even second glance, I go unnoticed. We've had some GG college interns over the years who've probably recognized the stitching pattern on some of my jeans, but there's never been a comment made...(or maybe just none ever heard) :)

Lisa Jeffreys
05-04-2013, 08:06 AM
I'm with Stacy B. I wear female clothing all the time. This past Wednesday I wore 100% female clothing but it all looked male. Crossdressing for me isn't about wearing a dress and heels and looking like June Cleaver, it's about wearing what the other women wear. They all wear jeans so I wear their jeans and why are they the only ones with stretch denim? They wear sweaters and sweatshirts and such and I try to mimic them.

With that said I am still going to check out an A-line dress at Target this weekend.

Lisa

Sabrina133
05-04-2013, 10:21 AM
My firm, as do most law firms, has a very strict dress code for both males and females. The would allow me to dress en femme if i were transitioing. As am not, i am expeted to wear appropriate male attire. No one can dictate what am wearing underneath however.

Rachel Morley
05-04-2013, 11:31 AM
I have never gone to work en femme. I do however go to work underdressed (minamally a bra and panties) and with girls' outer clothes. That's to say they are women's clothes, but they are not too "in your face". You know, girls jeans, tees and hoodies that are in neutral colors. That sorta thing.

lynnef
05-04-2013, 05:13 PM
I have a couple times, (under cover of halloween ;) first time was as a hippie girl (Red-brown shirt & brown skirt w/ my hair down, 2nd was in a blue cheongsam (i think the pic is in my intro thread), one customer had trouble connecting my voice and dress apparently... (at least he was quite embarrassed...) there was a 3rd time, and most people were ok with it (ironically one of the hairdressers from the salon next door complained about it and got me in trouble, it was the day the store went out of business so no biggie... ;)

KatieV
05-05-2013, 07:11 AM
Yes! - panty hose, waist cincher, padded panty, & cami - all under androgynous tight jeans and top. Except it's hard to concentrate on the task at hand!

jim1991
05-05-2013, 07:33 AM
Go to work dressed...i dont think that is a good idea. I have thought about it but the only thing i can wear and get away with if caught is panty hose because they can prevent blisters from long road marches.

Monique53
05-05-2013, 07:50 AM
I have worn panties and pantyhose to the office but could not get away with anything else. I do, however, travel at times when working so I am able to wear women's jeans, blouses, and shoes( with all the underthings) when I am enroute. I simply change back to male mode when I get close to my destination.

Monique

Joann Smith
05-05-2013, 10:35 AM
Hot metal shavings and low neck lines not are not a good mix. Plus they do not make steel toe pumps .

Josie06
05-05-2013, 02:15 PM
No, I would be soon out of a job.
Circumstances really do not suit for me.
You are obviously lucky.

Me too. However all my clothes are purchased in the Women's Department of stores whether in person or online. My under garments no one sees so it's all okay there. True I stay to basics, slacks and dress style shirts that are not definitely female looking/cut and flats. Nothing flashy in any way shape or form, no dresses and heels (unfortunately).:sad:

But it works. For me the 'glass ceiling' is all to real in my job. I would lose upwards of 50% of my pay. So, I am 'hiding in plain sight' and that's okay. Knowing I'm female works for me, some others see it and most don't care or have a clue. That's fine.

I'm no Marilyn Monroe or any other beauty any way. Just an average gal wanting to survive.:)

Michelle123
05-05-2013, 05:16 PM
When I worked, I did underdress occasionally, in my panties, girdle, stockings. I must say the days I spent underdressed were much more pleasant.

Aly Cat
05-05-2013, 05:40 PM
Plus they do not make steel toe pumps .

Challenge accepted....

Aly Cat
05-05-2013, 05:45 PM
http://m.aliexpress.com/item/626924174.html?tracelog=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/655174795/free_shipping_high_heel_steel_toe.html

BOOM!!!

Jess6887
05-05-2013, 05:51 PM
I have underdressed, I wore a satin nightie under my uniform, I worked in the bush with 1 lady so I didn't mind if she found out, but I am trying to dress more as I'm the boss now and would love to have that Experience to be Jess at work